Diadem Forums

[13.07.14] T-ara's Soyeon passes the leadership title to Qri!

nathaniel

[13.07.14] T-ara's Soyeon passes the leadership title to Qri!

201307141150777448_51e2140e66450.jpg

Girl group T-ara has replaced leader Soyeon with Qri. This is the norm for T-ara and Qri will be the group's fifth leader.

T-ara's agency revealed that coming with T-ara's next album release and the departure of Areum, Qri will replace Soyeon as the leader. Following Eunjung, Boram, Hyomin and Soyeon, Qri will be the fifth leader of the group.

T-ara's agency said to OSEN on the 14th, "Replacing the leader when activities changed in the group is part of the group. Qri will be the new leader for the upcoming activities."

The announcement comes after Soyeon held the leader title from January 2012, approximately one and a half years later. On the 13th, Qri held the stage at the Budokan arena in Tokyo, Japan for the first time.

Qri said on the day of the show, "I really enjoyed today as my first day as leader and want fans to look forward to a brighter T-ara." The auditorium filled with 9,000 fans applauded and cheered for her.

Meanwhile, for the first time in three years, T-ara returns back to their original six member line up. They are working on collecting songs for a comeback late next year. For now, T-ara's junior group 5dolls is going to have a comeback instead.

On the 10th, it was announced that Areum would leave T-ara for a solo career.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20130714n06138

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

So I'm guessing the next leader will be jiyeon? HAHAHA. Hope Qri will speak out more often, she used to be very soft-spoken, even in T-ara variety shows she don't seem to speak as much as the rest. Hope she'll be comfortable leading T-ara through these stormy days! :wub:

Qri is my bias and I'm really happy, however, I'm worried aswell. Will she be able to be a good leader? She is shy, quiet and reserved. She'll have to talk a lot more than she did up until now. And after watching Princess T-ARA I'm even more worried. Anyway, they should just enjoy their free time now and rest properly and I'll be looking forward to their next comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well no offense but keeping on with the "Position of Leader in T-ara is a weekend job" routine isn't a great idea. Don't get me wrong I like Qri, I like her a lot, she's my "bias" if you will but still this gimmick of shuffling the job of leader around, ... I don't know it's just doesn't seem to be the best idea, I mean they have been doing it for quite some time now and it hasn't made T-ara anymore special or helped them to stand out anymore then they already have.

Well, first off, I would like to say that I know that it's currently unknown when the girls will be making a Korean comeback so I will wait patiently for details on when the comeback will be. And number two, i'm very glad that Qri is the group's new leader because from now on, I know that she will do whatever it takes to help T-ara get back on top and never mind the haters. And since T-ara's going to promote as a six member group at this moment without any immediate member replacements, I know that Qri's definitely going to take pretty amazing care of the other five girls. And as for T-ara as a whole group, if they really are going to take some time off and wait until sometime next year to make a comeback, they can. It's absolutely up to them

Well no offense but keeping on with the "Position of Leader in T-ara is a weekend job" routine isn't a great idea. Don't get me wrong I like Qri, I like her a lot, she's my "bias" if you will but still this gimmick of shuffling the job of leader around, ... I don't know it's just doesn't seem to be the best idea, I mean they have been doing it for quite some time now and it hasn't made T-ara anymore special or helped them to stand out anymore then they already have.

Yeah,I agree whole-heartedly.I don't see the purpose of it and a lot of fans and non-fans say that its rather confusing.Honestly,I believe that either Soyeon or Eunjung should be their permanent leader as I can see a leader vibe in both of them.They can be scary sometimes.I remember in one scene where they were arguing and they look intimidating.Jiyeon is too young (and she's a little childish) to hold a leader's position,Boram and Qri are too quiet while Hyomin is somewhat in the middle.

congrats qri. so the passing of the crown happened in a concert. haha

though i dont think it is the best time to pass it bec areum just left the grp. but thinking about the less controversial one, i think she is good enough in the position than ji. i really want to see how she will manage t-ara. im sure she'll just idgaf, in a good way. oki? xD

After Qri's handwritten group letter and how well she stayed calm and collective during recent unfortunate events, I had the feeling she was going to be the next leader after Soyeon.

Again, 6-ara were not the original line up. <_< 5-ara were the "original" group.

Yeah,I agree whole-heartedly.I don't see the purpose of it and a lot of fans and non-fans say that its rather confusing.Honestly,I believe that either Soyeon or Eunjung should be their permanent leader as I can see a leader vibe in both of them.They can be scary sometimes.I remember in one scene where they were arguing and they look intimidating.Jiyeon is too young (and she's a little childish) to hold a leader's position,Boram and Qri are too quiet while Hyomin is somewhat in the middle.

+ 1 to this.

The leadership position as a whole had been really devalued along the way (looking at Boram and Hyomin as examples, the former obviously is not leader material and the latter, from what I heard, is too much of a 'perfectionist' + was only leader for 6 months) up to the point it doesn't even really matter who the leader is now. It's like a figurehead position with no definitive authority and power in it, even in day-to-day matters.

If I had to bet anything, it's probably just part of CCM's annual June-July rearrangement shuffles with its idol groups. Aside from Soyeon for whatever reason, Boram, Hyomin and Eunjung (upon debut) were designated as leaders during those specific months.

So I'm guessing the next leader will be jiyeon? HAHAHA. Hope Qri will speak out more often, she used to be very soft-spoken, even in T-ara variety shows she don't seem to speak as much as the rest. Hope she'll be comfortable leading T-ara through these stormy days! :wub:

She talked so much on the first day in Budokan, don't think you have to be worried about a quiet Qri :P