Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] T-ara's Debut

bankudonku

I feel like it this was made for the certain intention of containing after seeing what occurred in the News threads since last week XD

With that said, I just don't see how 5-ara can even be considered the 'original' T-ara when they did not even officially debut (not to mention the song at the time - Good Person - was an OST, not a debut song to perform on stage). Even their Wikipedia page says their official debut started as 6-ara while 5-ara is labelled under pre-debut.

First and foremost, the definitions for "Original", and "Debut" . . .

Original

adjective

1. Used or produced at the creation or earliest stage of something. Present or existing at the beginning of a series or process; first.

2. Created directly and personally by a particular artist; not a copy or imitation.

3. Not dependent on other people's ideas; inventive and unusual.

noun

1. Something serving as a model or basis for imitations or copies. The form or language in which something was first produced or created. A person or place on which a character or location in a literary work is based. A song, picture, etc., produced by a performer or artist personally. A book or recording that has not been previously made available in a different form. A garment made to order from a design specially prepared for a fashion collection.

2. An eccentric or unusual person.

Debut

noun

1. A person's first appearance or performance in a particular capacity or role. The first public appearance of a new product or presentation of a theatrical show. Denoting the first recording or publication of a group, singer, or writer. A formal entrance into society.

A pre-debut refers or relates to activities and events of a non-product nature, leading up to an official first product release debut.

First debuts can happen in various performing formats for singers/artists, like a live stage, a music video, a soundtrack, and/or at a special event.

In T-ara's legacy, they "originally" started out through a soundtrack for a television drama with their very first song, "A Good Person", and released a music video for it, with the "original" members, Hyomin, Eunjung, Jiyeon, Jiae, and Jiwon, officially under the group name "T-ara", . . .

A making of the music video was also released, . . .

It's even listed under that specific group name on the soundtrack itself. And it is still listed as the very first product single and soundtrack release from the group officially, even on their Wikipedia discography page here.

Roughly 2 months into it as a 5 member T-ara group, both Jiae and Jiwon decided to leave due to creative differences and approaches. In July, Boram, Soyeon, and Qri were added to the group (In that order.). They were not deemed as "original members" of T-ara. Even on their Wikipedia pages specifically states that they were "added" to the group. Boram, Soyeon, and Qri.

With no disrespect to their fellow labelmates, Black Pearl, and their song, "Good Person Version 2" on the same television drama soundtrack, fans called T-ara's very first song when performed by the new 6 member lineup as, "A Good Person Version 2". They even performed it live on stage with the following members Boram, Soyeon, Eunjung, Hyomin, and Jiyeon (In that order from left to right.) several months later, . . .

For both posterity and the truth, in upholding the honor of T-ara's ongoing legacy, it's best to know and inform people of the very origin of our dearly, beloved group accurately. For they "originally", and quite "officially, debuted" with 5-ara, before they were upgraded (No disrespect towards Jiae and Jiwon.) to 6-ara.

hi guys...

i would like to ask all of u to watch this clip from T-ara Pretty Boys Episode 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UEaelAJnnBY&list=PLBAE59500B335305F#t=435s

see around 7.30 minutes where the girls talk about their debut song....

i remember watching this but never thought anything of it! thanks for bringing it up.. *0*

i think t-ara is 5 members originally because they announced it that way and released a debut (first) music video. they debuted on stage as 6. i don't think it matters that much though to me at least.. haha i think what you call original t-ara is also depends when you joined the fandom.. i consider 5-ara as original because that's when i first started liking them, but i think some may have the view 6-ara is original because that's when they started promoting themselves and got fans :D

Wow :blink::blink::blink: it's actually felt so good when some one like your post..hhehe..

i think it's the same for me too...as a matter of fact i started to become their fan when i watched their DBD MV..and it's was only half a year...

and it is also after hwayoung is disbanded from the group...and that's not gonna stop me from loving her... <3<3<3

so, for me it's not a big matter whether they are 5-ara or 6-ara or 7-ara or 8-ara as i'm still loving them the way they all are and in the name of T-ARA itself... :wub::wub::wub:

that's why whatever may happen after this, i'll always support them...

p/s:i'll like ur post too.

• 2 weeks later...

I will forever consider T-ara 5 as the original group because of several reasons :

1. Even if Good person has not been performed, this song was officially released with an MV and a making.

2. T-ara was offically introduced as a 5 member groups.

3. I would never become a fan of T-ara without T-ara 5 and moreover since my favorite member was Jiae.