Diadem Forums

[13.08.26] T-ara N4, December US Billboard Debut

kkyc222

T-ara N4, December US Billboard Debut

20130826_1377503713_81103200_1.jpg

T-ara began subunit activities in the beginning of this year through T-ara N4 and QBS. Their styles are different. T-ara N4 is targeted at the American/European market while QBS is targeted at Asian countries like Japan and China etc.

Eunjung explained "If you say that you can feel the unique and true colors of the 6 members of T-ara when we are together, then the subunits are a different side of us." T-ara N4 gathered together the "strong" women and their music is filled with a strong and hip hop atmosphere. QBS is the opposite, very feminine, and is made up of the members who fit the image of white dresses by the sea and under the blue sky. Eunjung smiling, said "Both images are very good," "Because we can't do both at the same time, we don't feel greedy about the subunits."

The subunit that has received special attention is T-ara N4. They have knocked on the doors of the US market, and received the praise of hip-hop star Chris Brown. Previously in May, they went to America and set up their future music activities with Chris Brown and T.I etc.

At their interview with Billboard Korea, T-ara revealed for the first time parts of their plan for the US market. Their US album is starting to take shape. Their debut date may be December of this year. In their single album, two new English songs will be recorded along with the new version of Jeonwon Diary. The English version of Jeonwon Diary was arranged by Chris Brown personally.

The title song has not yet been determined, but it should be one of the new songs. Jiyeon said, "We've finished recording it and it is a very exciting and electronic dance genre song," "There will be a featuring by a pop star which will surprise people."

Their contract is signed with America's Empire Records. There are still some who remain doubtful and refuse to believe this, turning up their noses at the news of T-ara entering the US market and even making fun of their outdoor performance when they were invited by Chris Brown, saying that they've only performed on a small stage and whether all this hype is an exaggeration.

At this, T-ara did not have any response. Because of some controversies, their music achievements has been downplayed and belittled. T-ara lightly said, "Theres nothing we can do about this, it seems like it is something we must face," "If we were to explain, why not perform to our best instead, and make those who like our music believe us. We cannot force the public to like us."

Very frustrated. Not every performance is a large scale performance. "Whether the performance venue is big or small doesn't matter. Even if there is only one person in the audience, standing on stage itself is something to be happy and excited about" This is what they think.

That there were some problems of communication is true. Eunjung said, "Honestly, we were alarmed when we saw how narrow the stage was. But this was not anybody's fault. It's just that we should have carefully asked for more details, there was just inadequate flow of information prior to the performance. Chris Brown also performed on that stage the same way we did. But our performance seemed to have been distorted and misrepresented, as if we performed on a stage that was not meant to be stood on, we are a bit sad about that."

Chris Brown is still a supporter of T-ara. Chris Brown and T-ara member Dani are close and this along with some musical aspects of T-ara N4 is why he came to this decision. T-ara said about themselves "We are lucky." Reviews of T-ara as the "Girl Group with the Most Korean Flavour" plus the use of Tae Pyeong So (traditional Korean music instrument) in Jeonwon Diary caught the interest of the relevant people involved with their overseas album.

Recently, T-ara has been busy learning English and Japanese. The members expressed "We never even dreamed that we could enter America," "Because we could not adequately prepare/learn foreign language like other groups, and because an opportunity like this is rare, we will work hard," They are not afraid of failure. T-ara said "We might not succeed. If we started to have these worries, then we should not start altogether." "If we continue our activities with a sincere attitude, then we should be able to achieve a good result. After Japan's Oricon chart, we want to leave a mark on a page of the US Billboard chart too."

Original article: http://media.daum.net/m/media/newsview/20130826171510678
Translated via Chinese subs by TCN: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2556263953

I absolutely don't have any doubts at all about T-ara N4's US debut that will take place in December for sure. I mean, I always remain true, loyal and optimistic about the girls, even when there are some little setbacks that won't ever affect the girls' American debut plans. I truly believe that everyone will absolutely love the girls and enjoy the brand new English version of their Korean debut single, "Jeon Won Diary". I truly see everything going pretty good for the girls as they prepare for their American debut and also as they make their US debut this December. And if they need some more time to get ready and delay the debut, I don't mind. So for sure, I know that it's going to be December because I know that T-ara N4 will return to the US and make their debut there before 2013 is through. I shall cheer T-ara N4 on as they take on the American music market this year and make their mark on the American music charts. I absolutely, totally, really, most definitely wish T-ara N4 the best of luck on their upcoming American debut

After reading Eunjung's interview with Billboard, her departure from SC, Dani's tweet, I can say that this debut is on the way. I pray and wish for the best for these girls. Road to success is never easy. They has a rough introduction to American stage, but it's not something to lose hope for.

Sure ,more obstacles will come, not to mentioned what they had gone already, there is always hope that they will succeed in the end. As long as they stay strong, stay positive and work hard, their efforts will pay off.

Many will doubt them, many will mock them, but I believe in them and will continue to support them.

I feel like this will be a disaster. The US doesn't have many asians selling well and T-ara can barely speak any English. CCM is doing this out of greed. I've heard the preview of the song with Chris Brown and it was bad. I also heard their supposed new song 'Misunderstood' and I could barely understand Eunjung as she sang. They should promote their Japanese album since it's sales are not doing well at all. I'll still support the girls and buy the album (for the first time) but I'm scared this will be another nail on their career's coffin.

This interview assures me again that the event that happened in Las Vegas has been put to rest already. Hearing about Chris Brown still supportive of T-ara is a good indication that such a mistake on his part is forgiven in a good way. This is another redeeming step for him, and shows he is still trying to better himself, while working with one of the best top female girl groups from South Korea. T-ara is gaining in the U.S. and that's a good thing. ^_^

T-ara has always had this outstanding, preserving drive to succeed, no matter what the circumstances are, and it still shows brightly in all of them. I am so very proud of T-ara for enduring and fighting onwards, not just for themselves, but for their fans. I hope to hear more good news from them in their endeavors around the world, especially in the U.S.

I feel like this will be a disaster. The US doesn't have many asians selling well and T-ara can barely speak any English. CCM is doing this out of greed. I've heard the preview of the song with Chris Brown and it was bad. I also heard their supposed new song 'Misunderstood' and I could barely understand Eunjung as she sang. They should promote their Japanese album since it's sales are not doing well at all. I'll still support the girls and buy the album (for the first time) but I'm scared this will be another nail on their career's coffin.

Perhaps this list might help clear up any misunderstandings about asians in the U.S. market. I, among many, feel like this will be a success for T-ara in a big way. I don't see a problem about T-ara and Core Contents Media making money in the U.S. when there are fans there. Currently, there's no official release yet for the English version of the song, so I highly doubt whatever that has been speculated as the song itself, shouldn't really be considered as a means to compare to the other official versions of it. I won't worry about their Japan activities, as with other artists on any chart around the world, sales do sometimes slow down, and I'm sure they will promote again in Japan at another time. But for now, they are readying themselves to enter the U.S. Given in this interview, even if there's a single person in the audience, it will not be the end of the careers. So there's really no need to worry. ^_^

After reading Eunjung's interview with Billboard, her departure from SC, Dani's tweet, I can say that this debut is on the way. I pray and wish for the best for these girls. Road to success is never easy. They has a rough introduction to American stage, but it's not something to lose hope for.

eunjung quit from show champion?

that was impressive @@ i mean there are really not many groups that can be such optimistic like our T-ara. but to speak the truth i don't really hope much for this plan...well, at least they have fans there who will buy their music, but USA is a whole different system.

however i have no other choice but to cheer for them. let's just wait and see :)

As much as I want them to be successful, well, all Queen's want them to be successful, I cant over look the fact that American crowd isnt for them.. But would certainly like to keep my hopes high and see them ranking high or would even dare to say, killing the charts..

and this "If we continue our activities with a sincere attitude, then we should be able to achieve a good result. After Japan's Oricon chart, we want to leave a mark on a page of the US Billboard chart too." Now, that's some T-ara's attitude I was missing for almost over a year.. Damn proud of T-ara. They, without a doubt, can treat them w/ Damn Respect and hold their heads high coz they worth earned it..

This interview assures me again that the event that happened in Las Vegas has been put to rest already. Hearing about Chris Brown still supportive of T-ara is a good indication that such a mistake on his part is forgiven in a good way. This is another redeeming step for him, and shows he is still trying to better himself, while working with one of the best top female girl groups from South Korea. T-ara is gaining in the U.S. and that's a good thing. ^_^

T-ara has always had this outstanding, preserving drive to succeed, no matter what the circumstances are, and it still shows brightly in all of them. I am so very proud of T-ara for enduring and fighting onwards, not just for themselves, but for their fans. I hope to hear more good news from them in their endeavors around the world, especially in the U.S.

Perhaps this list might help clear up any misunderstandings about asians in the U.S. market. I, among many, feel like this will be a success for T-ara in a big way. I don't see a problem about T-ara and Core Contents Media making money in the U.S. when there are fans there. Currently, there's no official release yet for the English version of the song, so I highly doubt whatever that has been speculated as the song itself, shouldn't really be considered as a means to compare to the other official versions of it. I won't worry about their Japan activities, as with other artists on any chart around the world, sales do sometimes slow down, and I'm sure they will promote again in Japan at another time. But for now, they are readying themselves to enter the U.S. Given in this interview, even if there's a single person in the audience, it will not be the end of the careers. So there's really no need to worry. ^_^

I don't think you know what kind of person Chris Brown is. He saw T-ara as nothing but a bunch of good looking girls. He did not have the courtesy to wait until they were done performing and, to me, it was clearly not a mistake regardless of what he said. That incident was not forgiven. In fact everything about this debut is just KKS cashing in a quick buck like he usually does regardless of how humiliating it is for the girls.

I saw the responses from the hiphop community and they were either embarrassed for the girls down right racist but none of them were impressed. Americans have a thing against people who can't speak proper English (I know I am generalising terribly but you have to admit you've noticed it). T-ara can't speak English without their heavy accent. I heard the preview for the song they did with Chris Brown and all he rapped about is how he would perform with them a million. He isn't the best rapper (he isn't even passable), not to mention his part was added awkwardly. I've also heard a snippet of their song 'Misunderstood'. The producer himself had release it while he was working on the song. Eunjung was the one singing the hook and it took my trained K-pop ears to pick up on.

I think that this entire thing is KKS being greedy. I have good reason to be afraid for N4 especially now that Dani is going them

He did not have the courtesy to wait until they were done performing and, to me, it was clearly not a mistake regardless of what he said. That incident was not forgiven...........

.....I have good reason to be afraid for N4 especially now that Dani is going them

Wouldnt comment on other somewhat sensitive topic coz it may create confusion here. But yeah, agreed to the ones mentioned above. We, all as a Loyal Queen's want them to be successful and if anything, being skeptical and pessimistic is for their own goods coz we dont want them to be humiliated again. I dont see anything wrong being calculative so yeah, like u stated it "Good reason to be afraid for N4"

Putting skepticism aside, I hope their ventures in the States will be a success. There's no point in saying if it's possible or not when it's clearly uncertain. The music industry is constantly changing, so adaptation is the key. If they learn to adapt they will achieve popularity.

The only thing that I kept saying about idol groups venturing in the States is hoping that they will not neglect South Korea activities altogether.

As much as I want them to be successful, well, all Queen's want them to be successful, I cant over look the fact that American crowd isnt for them..

There are T-ara fans in the U.S., that's a fact, and by saying that we don't belong with T-ara is sort of insulting to us, which I hope that's not what you're implying, right?

I don't think you know what kind of person Chris Brown is. He saw T-ara as nothing but a bunch of good looking girls. He did not have the courtesy to wait until they were done performing and, to me, it was clearly not a mistake regardless of what he said. That incident was not forgiven. In fact everything about this debut is just KKS cashing in a quick buck like he usually does regardless of how humiliating it is for the girls.
 I saw the responses from the hiphop community and they were either embarrassed for the girls down right racist but none of them were impressed. Americans have a thing against people who can't speak proper English (I know I am generalising terribly but you have to admit you've noticed it). T-ara can't speak English without their heavy accent. I heard the preview for the song they did with Chris Brown and all he rapped about is how he would perform with them a million. He isn't the best rapper (he isn't even passable), not to mention his part was added awkwardly. I've also heard a snippet of their song 'Misunderstood'. The producer himself had release it while he was working on the song. Eunjung was the one singing the hook and it took my trained K-pop ears to pick up on.
 I think that this entire thing is KKS being greedy. I have good reason to be afraid for N4 especially now that Dani is going them

I actually do have a good idea who Chris Brown is, instead of pinning the most idiotic notion that nobody can redeem themselves from their own mistakes. Thank goodness we don't live in that sort of society. Only antis with hatred are the ones who're trying to drag and deceive others down into their own personal Hells. Chris Brown struggles, tremendously mind you, to better himself. People don't give him, let alone others deserving redemption, enough encouragement to do better. He's not pure evil, nor are there any indications that he was spawned from the deep, dark abyss of the eternal damnation of Hell. So haters need to lighten up and start using their brains. Less hating, more thinking and understanding. How would someone feel when they make a mistake and try to correct that mistake, and yet, most people just hate on the person and taking away that chance to become better from it? Mature-wise, the interview shows that T-ara are not lashing out against him, and still working together on their U.S. debut.

Actually, most responses all together were sympathetic towards T-ara N4, after that event. The only people I found immature and don't make any efforts to understand someone, let alone be aware of their current skill sets, are antis. Every cultural around the world has a few people who look down on novice language speakers, so that doesn't have any merit to argue about with T-ara. Especially when they stated that they are working hard to become better at speaking English right now. They have a good basic grasp so far, and that's a good thing. I encourage them to learn and apply themselves more to expand their English language level. I certainly won't belittle them, nor downplay their efforts when it clearly shows in this interview that they have the temerity and spirit to do better.

Again, I'm not going to judge until there's an official release of the song. Has the song been finalized already? When is the release date? Where's the promotions for the song? Any details and information where in the U.S. we fans can expect to purchase it? Songs can and have changed before from small unofficial release snippets to the public. I'm not going to seriously think that any of these that we hear right now as being the final version of the song right now. The whole entire point is the full song itself. Not some snippet. At least official teasers are the final song product. Chris Brown has his fair share in being in the Top Spots on the charts before, so that says a whole lot more than just trying to be the best rapper, and at least he can try to rap, and it's not like he's hoping this song will earn him a grammy or B.E.T. award. He's doing this to make a good, enjoyable song, that's all, because he's a fan of T-ara and wants to support and help them in the U.S., which is fine by me and others too.

Yet again, I have no problem with T-ara, Core Contents Media, let alone Kim Kwang Soo, earning money in the U.S., because they have fans there. They are part of the entertainment business. I don't see any points here to argue about such a thing, when practically every artists, company staff workers, managers, and C.E.O.s are working hard for their paychecks in the industry. And from the interview, it doesn't seem likely that such a trait matches to what the T-ara members is describing here. Since T-ara N4, and hopefully later on, T-ara as a whole group, will be entering the U.S. market soon, I don't think there's any reason at this point to be afraid of their advancements into the U.S., especially when Dani is filling in for Areum, who is still with Core Contents Media, and there's always that possibility that even she can rejoin T-ara, along with Hwayoung.

Wouldnt comment on other somewhat sensitive topic coz it may create confusion here. But yeah, agreed to the ones mentioned above. We, all as a Loyal Queen's want them to be successful and if anything, being skeptical and pessimistic is for their own goods coz we dont want them to be humiliated again. I dont see anything wrong being calculative so yeah, like u stated it Good reason to be afraid for N4

Life is way more than skepticism and pessimism, and not all the time is it any good whatsoever. And according to their interview, they can pick themselves up from a failure, and we fans will still be there to support them.

"Both images are very good," "Because we can't do both at the same time, we don't feel greedy about the subunits."

i think it's a good reason about sub-unit.. ^_^

as long as it's good for t-ara, it's not bad choice.. :D

"We might not succeed. If we started to have these worries, then we should not start altogether." "If we continue our activities with a sincere attitude, then we should be able to achieve a good result. After Japan's Oricon chart, we want to leave a mark on a page of the US Billboard chart too."

believe it, optimistic will lead you to positive and good result.. B):D

t-ara fighting.. <3 <3 <3