Diadem Forums

[13.08.26] T-ara N4, December US Billboard Debut

kkyc222

There are T-ara fans in the U.S., that's a fact, and by saying that we don't belong with T-ara is sort of insulting to us, which I hope that's not what you're implying, right?

Life is way more than skepticism and pessimism, and not all the time is it any good whatsoever. And according to their interview, they can pick themselves up from a failure, and we fans will still be there to support them.

Not again Emperor. Why are you so hellbent every time someone post a comment which is not appealing to your taste?? Do you really feel good being WILD on every news or discussion, posting wall of text when someone has different opinion?? I want them to be successful but I dont want them to be hurt like they were last time. What's so difficult to understand this simple sentence??

By US crowd, I literally as in "LITERALLY" meant General US people. Man, USA Queen's will surely support T-ara and N4, why would I have even doubt on them??

Sigh. When did I even say I wouldnt support them. You sound like those who say " I will support w/e T-ara does" are true fans and those who say "I dont think its good for them" arent True fans..We both want T-ara to be successful. While you can over look the fact that they might be hurt, I couldnt do the same. As simple as that.

PS: At times, its impossible to have common grounds though we belong to same fandom. While encountering such situations, its better to respect e/c's opinion and go on our separate ways rather than posting reply to each and every member we disagree with. I hope you will get what I am trying to convey. I dont plan to drag this discussion anymore and to being with, it's not a discussion section as well so Safe!!

I actually do have a good idea who Chris Brown is, instead of pinning the most idiotic notion that nobody can redeem themselves from their own mistakes. Thank goodness we don't live in that sort of society. Only antis with hatred are the ones who're trying to drag and deceive others down into their own personal Hells. Chris Brown struggles, tremendously mind you, to better himself. People don't give him, let alone others deserving redemption, enough encouragement to do better. He's not pure evil, nor are there any indications that he was spawned from the deep, dark abyss of the eternal damnation of Hell. So haters need to lighten up and start using their brains. Less hating, more thinking and understanding. How would someone feel when they make a mistake and try to correct that mistake, and yet, most people just hate on the person and taking away that chance to become better from it? Mature-wise, the interview shows that T-ara are not lashing out against him, and still working together on their U.S. debut.

Chris Brown's idea of redeeming himself involves pushing the blame onto others, tatooing the image of Rihanna's beaten up face on his neck and looking down on women in most of his songs. If he had tried, I would not hate him as much as I do but he has not unless he has an album coming or something. Don't call us, the ones who see through all his PR stunts, antis because that would take up a lot of energy. In fact, had he not done what he did with T-ara (the pool party included because it sounded like he took advantage of their ignorance) I would be ignoring his existence. He is not pure evil, I'm not going to damn him since I have no power and yes, I'll continue to judge him because as a human being I think he is scum.

T-ara never bash anyone in their interviews. They pretend KKS is a good fatherly figure even though everyone has evidence to the contrary. They never speak bad about their antis despite how hard the latter tried to mess them up. That's T-ara for you-professional. Don't use that aspect as them forgiving Chris Brown. The decision to work with him has never been in their hands.

Actually, most responses all together were sympathetic towards T-ara N4, after that event. The only people I found immature and don't make any efforts to understand someone, let alone be aware of their current skill sets, are antis. Every cultural around the world has a few people who look down on novice language speakers, so that doesn't have any merit to argue about with T-ara. Especially when they stated that they are working hard to become better at speaking English right now. They have a good basic grasp so far, and that's a good thing. I encourage them to learn and apply themselves more to expand their English language level. I certainly won't belittle them, nor downplay their efforts when it clearly shows in this interview that they have the temerity and spirit to do better.

I don't know where you looked but more responses were sympathy (the kind no one wants) and racism. This is from the hiphop community who would be their target audience since they are doing hiphop music. Every culture has a preference for it's own and has a hard time accepting outsides especially those who don't prove themselves. T-ara can not learn the language fast enough considering how long it takes use non-natives. Not mention that Chris Brown isn't exactly loved. Look at the odds. This isn't me belittling them. this is me being downright afraid for them.

Again, I'm not going to judge until there's an official release of the song. Has the song been finalized already? When is the release date? Where's the promotions for the song? Any details and information where in the U.S. we fans can expect to purchase it? Songs can and have changed before from small unofficial release snippets to the public. I'm not going to seriously think that any of these that we hear right now as being the final version of the song right now. The whole entire point is the full song itself. Not some snippet. At least official teasers are the final song product. Chris Brown has his fair share in being in the Top Spots on the charts before, so that says a whole lot more than just trying to be the best rapper, and at least he can try to rap, and it's not like he's hoping this song will earn him a grammy or B.E.T. award. He's doing this to make a good, enjoyable song, that's all, because he's a fan of T-ara and wants to support and help them in the U.S., which is fine by me and others too.

Of course that isn't an official release. It <i>could</i> get better and I'm hoping for that. Until I hear that song, I'll stick with what I have said. Chris Brown has gotten to the top of the charts way less than before he attacked Rihanna. He isn't a good rapper, period. The fact that he isn't anticipating the song as being good enough for anyone to consider means that he won't be making it as best as he could. I think you misunderstand the man here. He is not a fan of T-ara and he is probably, at the best, using them to get in with the Asian community. If this is fine by you, that's OK I guess but I don't want the girls to get the short end of a stick just because of that guy or any person for that matter.

Yet again, I have no problem with T-ara, Core Contents Media, let alone Kim Kwang Soo, earning money in the U.S., because they have fans there. They are part of the entertainment business. I don't see any points here to argue about such a thing, when practically every artists, company staff workers, managers, and C.E.O.s are working hard for their paychecks in the industry. And from the interview, it doesn't seem likely that such a trait matches to what the T-ara members is describing here. Since T-ara N4, and hopefully later on, T-ara as a whole group, will be entering the U.S. market soon, I don't think there's any reason at this point to be afraid of their advancements into the U.S., especially when Dani is filling in for Areum, who is still with Core Contents Media, and there's always that possibility that even she can rejoin T-ara, along with Hwayoung.

Life is way more than skepticism and pessimism, and not all the time is it any good whatsoever. And according to their interview, they can pick themselves up from a failure, and we fans will still be there to support them.

I have a huge problem with that. Since when did earning money come before the well being of the T-ara? The risks they are taking have a huge effect on not just the girls, but how they are seen in Korea. The positive side of me wants to see that there would be an improvement in their image especially since it seems like Koreans think highly of the Americans. If this fails, it would just another nail being hammered into their coffin.

What T-ara say in an interview, imo, is either from the heart or just a tactful reply as they have been trained. Dani is just a child remember and I hope she doesn't get exploited and overworked. That's my concern for her. And I don't want Ahreum joining T-ara because I feel that going solo is all she ever want and Hwayoung... is an argument for another day.

T-ara haven't given up hope and I love them for that. Just because I am scared about this advancement does not mean I don't want them to do well. In fact I'll buy that album even though I never spend a cent on music. Life can be about anything.

Yes, there's no harm in trying. Good words out there. I will still support T-ara no matter what happens. <3

Well, I just simply support T-ara in everything that they do and I will remain a true and loyal Queen and also be there for T-ara no matter what happens next for them. And I am simply excited for T-ara N4's American debut this Winter because although the quartet has had a little setback with the pool party fiasco earlier this year, I know that things will go very, very smoothly for the girls and they will gain a major American fanbase in the process. I always have nothing but amazing support for T-ara N4 and I know that everyone in the United States will absolutely love the girls as well as their music so much. I give T-ara N4 the best of luck and the best of blessings for an amazing American debut this winter

I want them to be successful but I dont want them to be hurt like they were last time. What's so difficult to understand this simple sentence??

By US crowd, I literally as in "LITERALLY" meant General US people. Man, USA Queen's will surely support T-ara and N4, why would I have even doubt on them??

I wasn't concerned about that sentence when I quoted your post, even those other things you've mentioned. And I'm not questioning your loyalty either. I'm not sure where that came from.

Without allowing T-ara a chance to debut in the U.S. and taking away the people's right to decide for themselves whether they like them or not, is sort of derisive, especially asking that question while already answering it at the same time, which makes it feel like it conflicts with one another as a statement.

Chris Brown's idea of redeeming himself involves pushing the blame onto others, tatooing the image of Rihanna's beaten up face on his neck and looking down on women in most of his songs. If he had tried, I would not hate him as much as I do but he has not unless he has an album coming or something. Don't call us, the ones who see through all his PR stunts, antis because that would take up a lot of energy. In fact, had he not done what he did with T-ara (the pool party included because it sounded like he took advantage of their ignorance) I would be ignoring his existence. He is not pure evil, I'm not going to damn him since I have no power and yes, I'll continue to judge him because as a human being I think he is scum.
T-ara never bash anyone in their interviews. They pretend KKS is a good fatherly figure even though everyone has evidence to the contrary. They never speak bad about their antis despite how hard the latter tried to mess them up. That's T-ara for you-professional. Don't use that aspect as them forgiving Chris Brown. The decision to work with him has never been in their hands.

If that were true, the car accident he got into and then drove away after allegedly refusing to give his driver’s license and offered fake insurance information before leaving the scene, he would've stayed and blame the entire accident on the other driver. So, that allegation is uncalled for. I'm not going to jump on the womanizing mistakes he's made in the past, because that's in the past now, and people have moved on from it. How do you think Rihanna feels every time that gets mentioned? Do you think she likes people to continue labeling her as such when she's already moved on from him a long time ago? So why continue to pin this on him all the time when he was already admitted guilt to it in a court of law? It's already on his life record. So there's no point in continuing to hate the guy. He's already pitied upon, and some people don't take him too seriously. Plus, that incident happened over 4 years ago. Nobody doesn't really talk about it any more, let alone hold protest rallies in front of his home, because justice was served and Chris Brown took responsibility for his own actions. That was long over. Move on. Everybody else has.

I've seen those so-called evidence and there nothing more than speculative, unfounded fears, and conjecturing of idiotic hate without any proof to back them whatsoever, or even be considered in a court of law. Professionalism is also part of being mature, and that simply hating someone for the most dumbness reasons is not good for anybody. Ever heard of the phrase, "Fighting for all the wrong reasons"? Because that's what antis are still foolishly doing right now. With Dani and Chris Brown making this venture into the U.S. possible, obviously it is their decision and Core Contents Media okayed it, even though they didn't anticipate what would happen in Las Vegas. Given with this interview, they took a more higher stance and moved on from it. Unlike antis who can't let go. And yes, they did forgive him, it's the antis who don't. That's clear enough to accurately say what's really happening now, instead of trying to claim that they hate him, when this interview shows they truly don't. And I also remember when antis tried to get them to talk about Hwayoung's incident in their own ways of thinking and complaining, more like whining to me, T-ara completely told them all that they were wrong. So, if they truly didn't want to work with him or even dislike them, they would've said so not long after that Las Vegas event.

I don't know where you looked but more responses were sympathy (the kind no one wants) and racism. This is from the hiphop community who would be their target audience since they are doing hiphop music. Every culture has a preference for it's own and has a hard time accepting outsides especially those who don't prove themselves. T-ara can not learn the language fast enough considering how long it takes use non-natives. Not mention that Chris Brown isn't exactly loved. Look at the odds. This isn't me belittling them. this is me being downright afraid for them.

From the responses I've seen, there wasn't racism comments in the places I was looking at the time, only a difference in cultural understanding from all of the world. The only racism I found were from antis, plain and simple. T-ara N4 is making their way into the U.S. market, and debuting with a song we're not sure how many genres elements it'll have in it, when it gets officially finalized and released. And the majority of people who can understand and who are aware that English is not their first language, means there are leniencies for them and I'm one of them. The only people who are harsh on them about this are again, antis and racists. T-ara can learn the English language, and there's no way to even remotely claim that they can't learn the language when none of us are even there in their language sessions. And no, I don't see anything to be afraid of, nor are the odds against T-ara.

Of course that isn't an official release. It <i>could</i> get better and I'm hoping for that. Until I hear that song, I'll stick with what I have said. Chris Brown has gotten to the top of the charts way less than before he attacked Rihanna. He isn't a good rapper, period. The fact that he isn't anticipating the song as being good enough for anyone to consider means that he won't be making it as best as he could. I think you misunderstand the man here. He is not a fan of T-ara and he is probably, at the best, using them to get in with the Asian community. If this is fine by you, that's OK I guess but I don't want the girls to get the short end of a stick just because of that guy or any person for that matter.

Jumping to conclusions without having all of the facts is one thing, but having a complete review of the song itself is much more reliable. His music got nothing to do with that Rihanna incident. Because that's his personal life. Even after that incident, he did well in the Top Spots. Just check this. This is comparing apples with oranges here. He can try to rap, and that's all there is to it. The actual fact is he already knew this long before he even discovered T-ara N4, even after his last album back in 2012 did alright internationally, which was unexpected at the time. I disagree again, and I find the events leading up to the Las Vegas are stand alone unexpected circumstances. Chris Brown invited them over, and suddenly, other artists, producers, and music companies ended up meeting them. Nobody didn't see that coming for T-ara. They met and discussed about the song, U.S. debut, and the Las Vegas event with Chris Brown and company. Which I believe is unexpected for T-ara N4 to be guest performers for an event in the U.S. At Las Vegas, Chris Brown interrupts the music. Once again, an unexpected circumstance occurred. I highly doubt Chris Brown has a precognition ability that far ahead. I'm sure after gaining some measure of success in Europe for his last album, he had thoughts about the Asian markets too, because there wasn't that high rankings for it. As long as the fans are supportive of T-ara, no other celebrity can take that away from us, because we are there for T-ara. Any celebrity wanting to work with them is welcomed so long as they come off correct as professionals themselves. Chris Brown was able to have them come over to the U.S., and somewhat perform, which is more than what I can say about that so-called music event that T-ara were suppose to go to before in California, if it weren't for those visa problems.

I have a huge problem with that. Since when did earning money come before the well being of the T-ara? The risks they are taking have a huge effect on not just the girls, but how they are seen in Korea. The positive side of me wants to see that there would be an improvement in their image especially since it seems like Koreans think highly of the Americans. If this fails, it would just another nail being hammered into their coffin.
What T-ara say in an interview, imo, is either from the heart or just a tactful reply as they have been trained. Dani is just a child remember and I hope she doesn't get exploited and overworked. That's my concern for her. And I don't want Ahreum joining T-ara because I feel that going solo is all she ever want and Hwayoung... is an argument for another day.

Who ever said anything about their well being put into danger when they all knew full well what they were getting into before signing their contracts with the company and becoming part of the entertainment business? I know who, antis. It's well known that some occupations risk life and limb, and definitely way more fatal than that of a celebrity. They all know about the risk and they are certainly taking that risk, and they themselves are not afraid to take it. T-ara has faith in themselves and they are committed to succeed as best as they can, and when in failure, pick themselves back up and succeed again. That's who they are. Clearly, when antis tried to crucify them as bullies, that didn't stop them from releasing Sexy Love. Sure T-ara were hurt by these spiteful antis, especially even when after Soyeon got into that car accident, but they preserved and showed that they know what's important to them, and that's the truth and each other, including Hwayoung, Areum, and Dani. Again, antis are the only ones who like to think that the girls are worried about how antis think about them. I find that rather egotistically insane from the antis to begin with. Yet again, as long as there are fans, T-ara will always have a career.

I find T-ara's interview here being themselves, because they've said before that they are being truthful. Dani is technically a teenager, who's pursuing her career. She has been given that opportunity, and surely, I'm not going to take her chance of success away just because of her age in this industry that actually allows children and teenagers to be employees and work in it. She did do a solo while being part of T-ara for their Bunny Style! album, so I see nothing wrong with her doing her solo activities while still being a member of T-ara. If other members can act in a drama while performing on stage, it's very possible for Areum to perform as a soloist and as a member of T-ara at the same time. For Hwayoung, she can definitely rejoin T-ara.

T-ara haven't given up hope and I love them for that. Just because I am scared about this advancement does not mean I don't want them to do well. In fact I'll buy that album even though I never spend a cent on music. Life can be about anything.

Life includes overcoming adversity and fear.

Yay more wall of text from Ryu "OH JOY"

Anyway trying to get into the US market is a bad Idea by itself, having Chris Brown helping, we that's what I would call "from the frying pan into the fryer".

Fact is this won't end well no matter how we look at it, I'll support them (As I'm sure the rest of the DIadems will as well), but let's face it this time around that won't be enough by far, this is going to flop and all because KKS is grasping for straws. Let's face it T-ara is the only cash cow of CCM and KKS is trying to milk them as much as he can, not giving a single f@ck of the consequences.

No doubt us Aqueens will support them to farest extent, including but not limited to buying albums, iTunes tracks, going to showcases (if they are reasonably close) and of course concerts!

But I just fail to see that Korean only speaking group can succeed here. Even if they learn basic English, man, will they get interviews, go to TV shows?... Darn, that fail interview in shoe store in LA was sad.

So I guess, lets support them and hopefully even if they fail it doesn't destroy them.

I feel like this will be a disaster. The US doesn't have many asians selling well and T-ara can barely speak any English. CCM is doing this out of greed. I've heard the preview of the song with Chris Brown and it was bad. I also heard their supposed new song 'Misunderstood' and I could barely understand Eunjung as she sang. They should promote their Japanese album since it's sales are not doing well at all. I'll still support the girls and buy the album (for the first time) but I'm scared this will be another nail on their career's coffin.

Can you give me the link to that Misunderstood song ? I'm worry too . But it was their choice , i will support them until the end .

I'm anticipating it simply because it's a chance for me to hear one of my favorite musical acts in the world perform music in English, with a chance to possibly see them live if they were to ever tour (obviously it's a tad hard for me to make it all the way to SK or Japan to see a showcase or concert haha), but as far as any belief that this will blow up to be a huge hit for them, I'm doubtful. That's okay though, because T-ara N4 will be in good company...plenty of other amazing K-Pop acts have made attempts to break into the U.S. market with less than stellar results. It doesn't mean it's the end of their careers, by a long shot. And there's always the chance that they will succeed. At the end of the day, though, my hope is that the girls enjoy their time in the U.S., have some fun, learn some things along the way, and if that happens then I'll call this venture a success.

P.S. If Misunderstood is truly one of the songs that may make it onto their album I'm excited. Sounds like they're aiming for a sound similar to AFA, and I approve wholeheartedly!

No doubt us Aqueens will support them to farest extent, including but not limited to buying albums, iTunes tracks, going to showcases (if they are reasonably close) and of course concerts!

But I just fail to see that Korean only speaking group can succeed here. Even if they learn basic English, man, will they get interviews, go to TV shows?... Darn, that fail interview in shoe store in LA was sad.

So I guess, lets support them and hopefully even if they fail it doesn't destroy them.

Agreed!! I think be it positive or negative, this discussion should be put on stop. SAFE!!

Edited by @Eunjung4eva

Anyway trying to get into the US market is a bad Idea by itself, having Chris Brown helping, we that's what I would call "from the frying pan into the fryer".

Fact is this won't end well no matter how we look at it, I'll support them (As I'm sure the rest of the DIadems will as well), but let's face it this time around that won't be enough by far, this is going to flop and all because KKS is grasping for straws. Let's face it T-ara is the only cash cow of CCM and KKS is trying to milk them as much as he can, not giving a single f@ck of the consequences.

Actually, getting into the U.S. market is a good idea, because there are fans there.

Fact is we don't know how it's going to turn out right now. We have to give them the chance in order to know for sure, period. And if supporting them is the right way, then there really shouldn't be any downplaying of any kind, which makes it contradicting when having both statements in the same posting.

It's amazing how it was originally Chris Brown's mistake, and antis are blaming Kim Kwang Soo, which is about the dumbest accusation I've ever seen. And according to the interview, that seems very unlikely what's being perceived of T-ara, Core Contents Media, and Kim Kwang Soo.

Dani is an American and speaks English quite well. The other members, like Eunjung for example, have a good basic speaking and comprehension level. So, I'm not worried when it comes to interviews. And I didn't think that particular interview was that bad. At least it was something, which is better than nothing for their fans in the U.S. I think it would be great to see them on U.S. t.v. shows.

Recently, T-ara has been busy learning English and Japanese.

SOON THERE WILL BE NO COMMUNICATION BARRIER ANYMORE.. WHY? COZ ENGLISH IS INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE! ASSA~ I feel so proud of them and even prouder to be one of the loyal Queen's that still here after the storm. :)

I'm kind of pissed honestly, this is such a waste of time and resources. Japanese activities are still half-assed and the 2nd Korean album is nowhere in sight. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Who is to say that they aren't working on their Japanese and Korean comebacks, while they work on expanding themselves in the U.S. and other places around the world?

I wish them good lucks and all the best. They will need it. As a listener of the western pop for almost all my life, unless they have a great song to promote like PSY, they will not really go far. I wonder what kind of hype does KKS want to create? Chart Ranking? Or just to increase popularity? Even Britain singers have to be very talented like Leona lewis, Adele, Amy WInehouse to be popular in US. (Totally not saying that T-ara is not talented but their type singing are not really widely fond by the Americans)

I'm a loyal queens so those are my real concerns. Because I hope they prove me wrong but Chris Brown isn't even the right person to start with.

There are so many options, TAIWAN and CHINA. These two countries have huge market toooo!! SO WHY MUST IT BE US? KKS SUCKS in marketing and they are still keeping him.

Yay more wall of text from Ryu "OH JOY"

I can't agree more with you. They really should strengthen their fan bases in other Asian countries first. Darn why are they still keeping him, he is a disastrous existence; the ceo that should have been fired.

I wish them good lucks and all the best. They will need it. As a listener of the western pop for almost all my life, unless they have a great song to promote like PSY, they will not really go far. I wonder what kind of hype does KKS want to create? Chart Ranking? Or just to increase popularity? Even Britain singers have to be very talented like Leona lewis, Adele, Amy WInehouse to be popular in US. (Totally not saying that T-ara is not talented but their type singing are not really widely fond by the Americans)

I'm a loyal queens so those are my real concerns. Because I hope they prove me wrong but Chris Brown isn't even the right person to start with.

There are so many options, TAIWAN and CHINA. These two countries have huge market toooo!! SO WHY MUST IT BE US? KKS SUCKS in marketing and they are still keeping him.

Psy's approach is rather different and unique compared to Leona Lewis, Adele, Amy WInehouse, and other artists from other countries whom made it in the U.S. market. There's lots of music genres that artists can do fairly well in the U.S., and it's up to the people to decide whether they like it or not. And at least, there are T-ara fans in the U.S., and K-Pop is certainly growing more there.

We just have to wait and see what Core Contents Media will do for their U.S. advancements. We still don't know anything about T-ara signing with any U.S. labels yet either.

I disagree with that American claim. If there are people in the U.S. that likes T-ara's songs, it will suffice to say that there are people in the U.S. who like T-ara and their songs. And with K-Pop growing widely in the U.S. and globally in other supportive countries, it's for certain that claim is not true.

As the saying goes, "Everybody starts somewhere.", and that doesn't necessarily mean that's the end for them. Chris Brown can still redeem himself, and T-ara certainly is benefiting this more than he is currently.

Business-wise, everyone would like to have their products all over the world, that is, if the product is that durable and flexible to be advertised, stored, and used in all regions. Core Contents Media hasn't denied Taiwan nor China, even after performing in those two areas. The most understood reason why they are entering the U.S. market is simply because they want to do well there, and it's well known that the U.S. market is the largest music market in the world. Can't get any simpler than that. Kim Kwang Soo is making good on his promise to have T-ara reach their fans around the world, and that's very praiseworthy.

If anyone is curious, I came across this top ranking for the music markets around the world, . . .

1. The United States of America.

2. Japan.

3. The United Kingdom.

4. Germany.

5. France.

6. Australia.

7. Canada.

8. Brazil.

9. Italy.

10. The Netherlands.

Can't believe I actually read through all these. .__. Gave a reminder and thought it had finally stopped. Anyway, this discussion about how big is the US market, Chris Brown and etc etc will end here. I'm gonna lock the topic. If you guys have anymore further discussion, please do it in the discussion thread. Thank you.