Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] T-ara influential to the person who created Crayon Pop.

Princess Pril

300px-130810T-ara(treefong).jpg

The representative of Chrome Entertainment (Crayon Pop ) said that after he watched Roly Poly of T-ara, he wanted to created Crayon Pop.

He said that he impressed with Roly Poly. And T-ara is a group that everything from song, dance and outfit are perfect.

Previously, he didn't care about idol groups but T-ara has affected to him so much. After he watched T-ara on TV, he told his friends and his family that: Why did we not creat a girl group like that?

Cr: baidu

Why did we not creat a girl group like that?

To answer this question in a couple possible ways, one, and foremost possible reason, would be the most obvious that it would be like a copycat group that just duplicates what T-ara does. Although it would sound great for us, it won't be so great for them to do so, because they have to establish their own uniqueness, before starting to pay their respects to other artists in the industry that inspired and helped them become who they are right now. If they wanted to do everything T-ara performs as, people would begin to wonder if Core Contents Media should acquire Chrome Entertainment, and have Crayon Pop as an affiliate group to perform with T-ara. Maybe even rename them as T-arayon Pop?

Of course, making covers is not really a bad thing, and it does happen from time to time in terms of copyrights and official products in the industry. Which leads up to the next possible reasoning. Which is they debuted in Japan fully, not in a television drama soundtrack. Both song debuts are quite different in many ways. Even though both groups have the same amount of members when they actively debuted with 5 members. This possible reason can double when comparing and contrasting the overall members' abilities between both groups. As the saying goes, "No two women are ever alike.", even when it comes to twins.

Normally in the music industry, when a artist or group of artists follows similar themes and concepts of another artist or group of artists, is because that artist/group whom have inspired them have already retired/disbanded and have gotten permission and copyrights to perform in the same manner. Since T-ara is still around and expected to last for many more years to come, it's not very likely that Crayon Pop can be like T-ara in every facet and form, when T-ara is pretty much T-ara. It certainly is a possibility for Crayon Pop to begin to follow T-ara's footsteps, if they choose to do so and have talks with T-ara and Core Contents Media about it, and avoid any copyright violations and follow what Psy did with Nega Network for his comeback, "Gentleman".

But in the end, this question is rather moot at best to give a solid answer to, because what's done is done for them in the past, making it a "What if" stand alone questionnaire, and now have to move forward with what they have accomplished thus far, which is pretty good for Crayon Pop and Chrome Entertainment. I heard today about Yang Hyun Suk, C.E.O. of YG Entertainment, praising Crayon Pop's "Bar Bar Bar" successes for this year. Although, in terms of this reveal on Chrome's part, we would like to hear what T-ara and Core Contents Media think about this.

For myself, I think it is very nice to know that T-ara helped inspire more of the next generation of K-Pop artists, ensuring the genres ongoing legacy in the history of music. I won't mind at all at this point in having a good relationship between our T-ara and Crayon Pop. :)

That is actually quite cool and you could see some similarities between the two groups including the 'Delinquent' performances and terrible management from their respective companies

I disagree, because I don't recall Crayon Pop make any mistakes in their performances that was reported by the media, and their company is doing fairly well in dealing with some of their idiotic antis. Crayon Pop is somewhat relatively new since they debuted last year, while T-ara are veterans with seemingly limitless abilities and loads of skills and talent to spare, and Core Contents Media is doing a very good job for T-ara. :)

To answer this question in a couple possible ways, one, and foremost possible reason, would be the most obvious that it would be like a copycat group that just duplicates what T-ara does. Although it would sound great for us, it won't be so great for them to do so, because they have to establish their own uniqueness, before starting to pay their respects to other artists in the industry that inspired and helped them become who they are right now. If they wanted to do everything T-ara performs as, people would begin to wonder if Core Contents Media should acquire Chrome Entertainment, and have Crayon Pop as an affiliate group to perform with T-ara. Maybe even rename them as T-arayon Pop?

Of course, making covers is not really a bad thing, and it does happen from time to time in terms of copyrights and official products in the industry. Which leads up to the next possible reasoning. Which is they debuted in Japan fully, not in a television drama soundtrack. Both song debuts are quite different in many ways. Even though both groups have the same amount of members when they actively debuted with 5 members. This possible reason can double when comparing and contrasting the overall members' abilities between both groups. As the saying goes, "No two women are ever alike.", even when it comes to twins.

Normally in the music industry, when a artist or group of artists follows similar themes and concepts of another artist or group of artists, is because that artist/group whom have inspired them have already retired/disbanded and have gotten permission and copyrights to perform in the same manner. Since T-ara is still around and expected to last for many more years to come, it's not very likely that Crayon Pop can be like T-ara in every facet and form, when T-ara is pretty much T-ara. It certainly is a possibility for Crayon Pop to begin to follow T-ara's footsteps, if they choose to do so and have talks with T-ara and Core Contents Media about it, and avoid any copyright violations and follow what Psy did with Nega Network for his comeback, "Gentleman".

But in the end, this question is rather moot at best to give a solid answer to, because what's done is done for them in the past, making it a "What if" stand alone questionnaire, and now have to move forward with what they have accomplished thus far, which is pretty good for Crayon Pop and Chrome Entertainment. I heard today about Yang Hyun Suk, C.E.O. of YG Entertainment, praising Crayon Pop's "Bar Bar Bar" successes for this year. Although, in terms of this reveal on Chrome's part, we would like to hear what T-ara and Core Contents Media think about this.

For myself, I think it is very nice to know that T-ara helped inspire more of the next generation of K-Pop artists, ensuring the genres ongoing legacy in the history of music. I won't mind at all at this point in having a good relationship between our T-ara and Crayon Pop. :)

I disagree, because I don't recall Crayon Pop make any mistakes in their performances that was reported by the media, and their company is doing fairly well in dealing with some of their idiotic antis. Crayon Pop is somewhat relatively new since they debuted last year, while T-ara are veterans with seemingly limitless abilities and loads of skills and talent to spare, and Core Contents Media is doing a very good job for T-ara. :)

Hey! Don't take it as a serious matter! :) Let's have our own opinion and thoughts, okay? :D:P

Hey! Don't take it as a serious matter! :) Let's have our own opinion and thoughts, okay? :D:P

What part of, . . .

, . . . is difficult to understand?

Sort of contradicting to state the latter in your posting too.

I never said they made any mistakes but they had that concept that sort of mirrored T-ara's during Roly Poly. The company created those antis by talking about Ilbe and making bank accounts for charity donations. I think you have selective memory because CCM is not doing a good job with T-ara. Chrome Entertainment is nothing compared to them but they have their share of PR disasters.

^ Basically this.

The CEO of Chrome Entertainment isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box in the showbiz, more so that his experience in the industry is comparatively tiny. Then again, displaying stupidity and getting caught for it seems to be a universal trait among K-pop label CEOs in general, regardless of how long they've been working in the showbiz.

I never said they made any mistakes but they had that concept that sort of mirrored T-ara's during Roly Poly. The company created those antis by talking about Ilbe and making bank accounts for charity donations. I think you have selective memory because CCM is not doing a good job with T-ara. Chrome Entertainment is nothing compared to them but they have their share of PR disasters.

After watching Crayon Pop's music videos, I found nothing in their overall choreography for each one that stands out like T-ara's Roly Poly. And I found their dance practice videos not even coming close to T-ara's Roly Poly choreography either.

I disagree about the whole Ilbe thing, because it's just too ridiculous when people from Ilbe, and those related to it, just so happens to recognize a phrase, which doesn't mean that's proof that Crayon Pop members are members of their community. It just falls into that foolish category where someone will mistaken "lol" as "lots of love", when actually it means "laughing out loud". These things happen by mistaken, and extremists are taking it, once again, too seriously, and not giving any recourse while jumping to idiotic conclusions without any proof whatsoever. Is there any internet data that can prove that the Crayon Pop members frequents Ilbe, before people started to recognize that phrase of theirs online? No. Having proof that they have member accounts and I.S.P. addresses and activities that links their computers to the Ilbe site would mean a whole lot more than just some phrase. Even though that won't prove without a reasonable doubt that they were the ones operating those computers. So basically, that entire thing, along with Secret's Hyosung mistake, are just plain dumb coincidences to begin with, and not to be even consider justifiably as similar with T-ara's struggles with idiotic antis.

That's incorrect, because all of the idiotic animated gifs and other so-called "evidence" by antis are nothing more than retarded, baseless assumptions of a paranoid and uneducated nature. None of them won't become admissible after questioning by both counselors for their very validity related to the alleged crime, in a court of law. Core Contents Media did a good job protecting T-ara from antis, and spiteful 6-aras alike, trying to manipulate the situation and others into thinking illogically about T-ara's personal livelihoods, privacy, and work ethics.

For Chrome Entertainment, I'm not going to hold that bank account incident against them, because their intentions still falls within a charitable means to give back to the community. I could only surmise that they wanted to make the gifts more officially legal and being more together and closer with the fans, while having a paper trail to easily follow such activities publicly. I do agree that fans themselves could do it themselves and titled their reasons as Chrome Entertainment/Crayon Pop wishes, and upload the proof to their own individual charity accounts, and then submit them to Chrome Entertainment/Crayon Pop afterward. But either way the charity still wins the benefit of the gifts anyways. I certainly won't blame Chrome Entertainment in wanting tax exemptions, if that exists in South Korea's tax system, and if there is, then definitely there should be a means where both Chrome Entertainment and their fans in sharing that exemption together.

All managements from labels are all trying to do something positive for the community in their own unique ways. I'm certainly not going to derail their selfless motivations and good nature of their humanity to give back to the community, just because of misunderstandings and delays on their part and/or others, including antis.

Emperor Ryu

Hey! Please have your own opinion! Don't sabotage others opinion. You are being so self fish.

He is stating his own opinion. It's a free world out there and there is a concept called disagreements. It can't be helped that what he thinks is the opposite of what others think. He isn't necessarily 'sabotaging other's opinion', he's just pointed out facts that he knows. Whether it's true or not, I'm not quite sure (since I don't know)

I personally like reading all opinions, even if it gets into a debate but hey, it's a bit fun that way. On a plus side, you get to learn about new and more things!

Back on topic:

I've never heard of Crayon Pop.. should probably go check out their video or something :P

I've never heard of Crayon Pop.. should probably go check out their video or something :P

They're getting pretty popular in Korea nowadays it seems. But it's normal if you haven't heard of them since their influence on the international scale is still very lacking (very small international fan forum; and it's hardly active. Also watching their performances on KCON LA 2013 recently said it all. Not much cheering whatsoever). Crayon Pop music style seems to be that of a fun party with catchy beats kind of songs. I wouldn't suggest going to explore Crayon Pop hoping for stuff like "meaningful lyrics" and what not lol.

@OP: What exactly is baidu anyway? Is there a specific link to an article where this Chrome CEO spoke these words?

Crayon Pop debuted officially mid-2012 in Japan, and made a comeback in South Korea in the following month of that year. They gained some attention during that time, and went quiet a couple of months later. In October, they made a guerilla-style concert by performing in various public places, but got little traction for it, which had them going back to Japan in January of this year. During that month, they came back to South Korea with a Korean version of their debut Japanese song. That promotion lasted into the following month in which they return to Japan once again for another concert. After getting some considerable notoriety for their efforts, they began working on their next comeback. To much of everyone's surprise, their "Bar Bar Bar" song became their break through performance to date for them. Their dance choreography went viral online with many fans performing their own renditions of it.

International-wise, they are known, especially in the U.S. and Japan, thanks to their newest comeback, but seeing that they're still relatively new and people are gradually learning more about them, it will take some time for them to gain more momentum world wide. Their potential is visibly there, and it's up to them to achieve and earn those next steps towards that direction. So far, as a rookie group, they are progressing well on the world stage so far. As long as they can keep up their gains, we can be sure to see more international attention on Crayon Pop happening in the near future.

They're getting pretty popular in Korea nowadays it seems. But it's normal if you haven't heard of them since their influence on the international scale is still very lacking (very small international fan forum; and it's hardly active. Also watching their performances on KCON LA 2013 recently said it all. Not much cheering whatsoever). Crayon Pop music style seems to be that of a fun party with catchy beats kind of songs. I wouldn't suggest going to explore Crayon Pop hoping for stuff like "meaningful lyrics" and what not lol.

@OP: What exactly is baidu anyway? Is there a specific link to an article where this Chrome CEO spoke these words?

I have to disagree with the assessment on their K-Con L.A. performance on August 25th of this year, because of the fancams I watched on youtube. Plenty of cheering going on. Internationally, they are doing fine, and gaining more attention, thanks to the fans and their viral videos of their 5 cylinder engine dance.

I'm guessing "Baidu" is that Chinese Search Engine website? And I've only come across others mentioning this in various places online. One them cited that the translation was done by someone named, "Rainie". Another site mentioned that it was posted up on a T-ara page. But on Baidu, I traced the interview to a forum that posted it a little bit of it, which was translated by a Taiwan Crayon Pop fan group here. My searching led me to this full English translation of the entire interview here, with the original credited source here. I believe this interview was posted up online on August 28th, 2013.

Crayon Pop is really unique, displaying image differently from main stream idol girl group, its fresh and thats why lots of people love them!(including me!)

Glad T-ara is able to inspire a creation of an awesome girl group! However, there are always haters that are trying to bring them down~ BUT I DON'T CARE cos Lovers gonna Love, Haters gonna Hate.

So lets all be LOVERS of T-ARA! and maybe Crayon Pop if you like them~ <3 Ellin XD

Proud to be Queen's!

• 2 weeks later...

Crayon is a breathe of fresh air in K-POP. Don't know hold long they can last but I really hope they stick around for a long time cuz I'm really enjoying the positive vibes they're radiating. Contrary to some posts above, their K-Con performance was greeted by loud fan chants as shown in episode 5 of Crayon Pop TV S2 subbed by Sheldon Kim.

I too would fancy a meeting between Crayon and T-ara. Our maknae Jiyeon would most probably get along well with them!

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

If the statement from the representative is true then kudos to T-ara and team for coming up with an image and concepts that other kpop groups find worthy of following. It is always nice to hear of T-ara's inspiration and legacy to kpop.

What is not so nice to hear is the many very negative comments and criticism about Crayon Pop that is out there. Bad management, childish, too cutesy, dumb, bla bla bla. Personally, I think Crayon Pop and crew should be commended for taking the bold step and risk by coming up with a quirky, cutesy and easy to follow dance moves concept for Bar Bar Bar. We are already so familliar with the typical kpop mv of pretty boys/girls and their slick dance moves, so for something like Bar Bar Bar to come out, it really is refreshing. Breaking from the norm was also one of the factors in the success of Psy's Gangnam Style. In fact, as mentioned by T-ara, one of the reasons for the success of T-ara is their change in concepts and styles.

Judging from Bar Bar Bar place in the charts, one cannot deny that the song has done quite well despite the numerous criticisms hurled at it. Not bad for a rookie group. You can't fault them for trying. As for those haters with their 'smart' observations and comments, what achievements have you all made for yourselves since you all seem to be 'smarter' than the people behind Crayon Pop?

Yes, people are entitled to their opinions but some of these comments are just plain insulting. If these hate comments or 'opinions' are valid then T-ara haters' comments are valid as well, right?

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

If the statement from the representative is true then kudos to T-ara and team for coming up with an image and concepts that other kpop groups find worthy of following. It is always nice to hear of T-ara's inspiration and legacy to kpop.

What is not so nice to hear is the many very negative comments and criticism about Crayon Pop that is out there. Bad management, childish, too cutesy, dumb, bla bla bla. Personally, I think Crayon Pop and crew should be commended for taking the bold step and risk by coming up with a quirky, cutesy and easy to follow dance moves concept for Bar Bar Bar. We are already so familliar with the typical kpop mv of pretty boys/girls and their slick dance moves, so for something like Bar Bar Bar to come out, it really is refreshing. Breaking from the norm was also one of the factors in the success of Psy's Gangnam Style. In fact, as mentioned by T-ara, one of the reasons for the success of T-ara is their change in concepts and styles.

Judging from Bar Bar Bar place in the charts, one cannot deny that the song has done quite well despite the numerous criticisms hurled at it. Not bad for a rookie group. You can't fault them for trying. As for those haters with their 'smart' observations and comments, what achievements have you all made for yourselves since you all seem to be 'smarter' than the people behind Crayon Pop?

Yes, people are entitled to their opinions but some of these comments are just plain insulting. If these hate comments or 'opinions' are valid then T-ara haters' comments are valid as well, right?

Agreed about the imitation as a form of flattery in the entertainment world, especially when it comes to fans who mimic their favorite entertainment concepts, even if it's resulting in bad taste, but good effort is still obviously visible.

There is a difference between comments to a degree, wherein the borders are drawn between facts and assumptions. Take for an example what happened to IU about the whole nonsense about her marriage and pregnancy, just because of that photo upload of her and one of the Super Junior members. Antis have come to this belief and practice that by making up the most dumbest and illogical paranoid stories about reality and life, they are trying to brainwash others and attempt to drag them down to their own personal hells, just so they can feel more comfortable knowing they are making them suffer without knowing the obvious truth, and feel supreme at the same time. In a nutshell, stupefying others for their own amusement. Plus, they like to think they can control the flow of information, which in fact, they can't, period. Henceforth, T-ara antis, even in general for all antis, don't have creditability in what they say. Calling on antis' mistakes with facts is completely fine and valid. Initially, antis try to call on the mistakes on others with no sense of propriety, and fail miserably, because they don't have any sense of logic or reasoning, let alone produce any effort to find understanding in what happened and/or get the full story to avoid jumping to any unneeded conclusions, to justify such comments resulting to their complete invalidation. Even more so, they can't let go of a previous transgressions, when the immediate parties involved, have already been apologized, forgiven, and moved on already to more challenges, and attempt to convince others that such problems are still ongoing, when in truth, they're not. The utter childishness of antis.

This forum has already made it's stand against T-ara antis in the forum rules. I swear, T-ara antis have very profound reading comprehension problems and issues.

On a lighter note, I would very much like to hear T-ara's thoughts on Chrome Entertainment's C.E.O.'s inspirational reveal about them. Dare I even say, that I would like to see some sort of T-ara/Crayon Pop collaboration in the future. :)

I noticed the similarities from the first time I saw Crayon Pop. I don't remember which Crayon Pop video it was but my mind immediately went to Roly Poly in Copacabana, the whole bad school girl image and the sweatsuits and everything. Crayon Pop wasn't the first group to be inspired by T-ara (even though not everyone will admit it) and they won't be the last! T-ara's impact is real!

[FULL][TRANSLATED] Interview with Chrome Ent. CEO

Read in this site:http://fy-crayonpop.tumblr.com/post/60073802842/full-translated-interview-with-chrome-ent-ceo

• So why did you suddenly open an entertainment company?

» It was due to me seeing something on television one day…

• Who did you see on television…

» I saw T-ara (laughs)

• What was T-ara promoting then?

» Roly Poly. I felt the group had matched the dance and costumes to perfection. Because I wasn’t concerned about idol groups previously, so T-ara gave me a jolt. After this, I said to my friends at the photo studio “Should we try to create a girl group?”

Article LInk: http://ppss.kr/archives/11924

CREDIT TO: Fy-crayonpop + Translator