Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] T-ara N4's Official American Debut

Cheerleader2012

Hello there once again Queens. In case most of you haven't heard by now, T-ara N4 is currently preparing for a official American debut in December and I really wanna know how each and every single one of you personally feel about it. Also, feel free to give your thoughts on what concept do you think that T-ara N4 will go for when they make their US debut in December before we say goodbye to 2013. So, let's not hesitate any longer and have fun chatting about this interesting topic

I've said this before and I will say it again. I am scared.When they first went there ,I was really hopeful and happy and then that mess of a performance happened. The girls don't know enough English and Dani doesn't know enough Korean for there to be effective communication. Add the fact that I doubt any one in CCM has any comprehension of the market or the people they want to work with. Chris Brown arranging their Countryside Life remix makes me feel even more wary because the dude is not know to be a good composer.

CCM has money problems and I feel like they are throwing that girls at anything and everything just to make a few dollars. I don't see this ending well unless they make a gimmicky video like Gentleman but then again that song flopped. Like Grimlock said a full album will be much better received. T-ara is rumoured to have an October comeback which sounds like a last minute decision based on their schedule and how it has been released. CCM should really start thinking things through

+1 to sayruq and Grimlock.

I don't expect them to do any better than the Wonder Girls, BoA, Se7en and JYJ, nor will they match the kind of attention Psy's Gangnam Style got, and that turned out to be a one-hit wonder. Hell, not even SNSD stands a decent chance of making it big in the US. In fact, there's no act in K-pop that is capable of doing so - they can try, but they won't go very far and will end up having to return back home.

Far, far too many walls to climb over.

Chris Brown himself is a problem. With a record of violence, hit-and-run as well as failing to even do his community service sentence properly, I don't know why the hell anyone thinks it's a good idea for T-ara to be with him anywhere. Regardless of whatever talent he has, he's a criminal (a violent one at that), and the only place Mr. Tough Brownie belongs in is a little place known as a prison cell behind bars, wearing a bright orange scrubs or a striped jumpsuit 24/7.

I don't see the problem at all when U.S. artists are able to enter other countries music markets, let alone not a problem when it's quite possible for artists from other countries to enter the U.S. market too. The U.S. has already proven that there are K-Pop fans, especially T-ara fans. I give much praise and gratefulness for T-ara and Core Contents Media for expanding into the U.S. market and reaching out to their fans there. It's understandable about the risks, but as T-ara stated in their previous interviews, they are not afraid, and that alone should be enough to eliminate any concerns of worry. Won't it be more faithful to support their endeavors, rather than go against their goals? I certainly think it's the right thing to do as fans and supporters of T-ara. Won't any of you agree?

And it doesn't surprise me yet again to hear about antis ranting illogically once again. The sheer idiocy is just so pitiful. Foreign artists can make it in the U.S., that's a fact. There's nothing that's edged in stone that states K-Pop can't make it in the U.S., when there's actually plenty of opportunities for them to do so. And it's not like they are not going to continue back in South Korea, just because they are going to perform in the U.S. either. Currently, T-ara is in Japan while at the same time, preparing themselves to enter the U.S. What a bunch of morons these antis are.

I still can't believe antis are trying to argue about their English language again. They stated in their interview that they are working to improve their current level of English, and that's praiseworthy and to be encouraged. What's this about their English is not good enough now? Are they hopping on the next flight out to the U.S., like right now? How idiotic antis can be with their ways of thinking. And Dani is learning Korean very well, from her performance in F-VE Doll's "Can't You Love Me" song. And seriously? What's wrong with Dani being bilingual, let alone the rest of the T-ara members? Got a problem with people who can speak multiple languages or something? I sure don't.

After T-ara N4's trip to the U.S., and before that Las Vegas event, they meet up with other people in the U.S. market, so they have at least a good idea about it. In fact, they are sympathetic and supportive of T-ara, even more after what Chris Brown done. But even that won't stop T-ara from coming to the U.S., because they are understanding and are still working with him. In short, they forgave him. And what's does his personal life have to do with his music? Absolutely nothing. During his comeback, he did surprisingly well. If his personal life, which involves all of his criminal past, his comeback shouldn't have succeeded at all. Nobody won't buy his comeback album. So antis need to be reminded what happened about Chris Brown in court and afterward. He "admitted his guilt", and was sentenced in a court of law. He went to anger management too. The man didn't come off all insane and started media bash on Rihanna after his guilty day in court. He manned up and took responsibility for his own actions, as he did. That's on the right path to redeeming himself. Yes, he had other problems too, but the man is still trying to do good, and that's something positive to say about him, which I can't say for blind-hating, misunderstanding fools, who can't keep up to date what's going on. Ergo, people still bought his comeback album and did surprisingly well on the charts. And another thing about this Chris Brown collaboration, this is more T-ara than Chris Brown to begin with. I guess haters just like to concentrate on the things they hate, instead of being supportive of the things they enjoy. For myself, I'm just defending T-ara from lamebrained antis, and being mindful of Chris Brown and letting the past be the past because we learned from it very well, while looking forward to the future. Nothing wrong with that. Isn't Knotch the composer for T-ara N4's song in the U.S.?

Nobody on the outside of Core Contents Media knows exactly how much money they have in their bank. So what's this assumption about their money, when before they've turned down huge sums of it? The illogical assumptions are astounding to hear from these antis. I heard some of these antis saying that Crayon Pop is flop when in fact they are doing very well, including internationally. Flop? Again, such imbecilic assumptions from these antis who can see the facts happening around them. Antis thought Sexy Love wasn't going to do well, but it did do well. Past artists who made ventures into the U.S. before are just those artists' attempts in getting into the U.S. T-ara is making their own attempt. And from the long history of K-Pop artists entering the U.S., it has shown that they are getting more and more successful with each attempt into the U.S. market. It's so weird to have antis start claiming a bunch of nonsense about how previous K-Pop artists are failures, when actually, these previous artists succeeded in actually getting into the U.S. in some way. And as the saying goes, "Everybody got to start somewhere." How is it even possible to say T-ara is going to fail when nobody hasn't heard the finalized song officially? Again, antis with their dumb antics.

I believe T-ara will succeed in the U.S. one way or the other, or in many ways. The U.S. has K-Pop fans, no question about that. Especially when some of those fans support T-ara very much so. I don't have a good idea of what's the exact concept(s) they will end up using to officially debut in the U.S. So I'm going to wait until it gets released to find out the truth about it. Knowing how talented T-ara is and their collaborations can be here in the U.S., I am very hopeful and I have much faith in their abilities in creating good, fun music to enjoy. ^_^

I'm happy at new opportunities for T-ARA but my first wishes are for their safety.

From what I've heard of the Palms LV show and a youtube clip purporting to be of the new US release, that version of Jeon Won Diary is not very good.

It's slow and littered with lyrics about bitches and hoes. It doesn't sound particularly unique in the genre. CCM is desperate to tap into that US market for whatever reason, probably because the girls' contracts expire next year. Hopefully they weigh options with others agencies because CCM has not done them as many favors as they have disservices. YG Entertainment feels like a better fit.

In any event, I'm sure we all want T-ARA to succeed because we ♥ them.

^ Y'know, now that you mention contract expirations, I'm curious as to whose contract is likely to expire earlier than the other. For sure, I highly doubt that they all signed the same papers, as Eunjung, Hyomin and Jiyeon were in CCM a lot longer than Boram, Soyeon and Qri were (who were pretty much added into the group at the last minute)

^ Y'know, now that you mention contract expirations, I'm curious as to whose contract is likely to expire earlier than the other. For sure, I highly doubt that they all signed the same papers, as Eunjung, Hyomin and Jiyeon were in CCM a lot longer than Boram, Soyeon and Qri were (who were pretty much added into the group at the last minute)

Aww yiss if T-ara were to become free agents, their quality of life would greatly improve. The girls will have freedom.

Aww yiss if T-ara were to become free agents, their quality of life would greatly improve. The girls will have freedom.

Freedom and real lasting happiness :D. No more BS from a cuckoo CEO, no more utterly exhaustive schedules and best of all, sleep. Lots and lots and lots of sleep.

They'd finally get to enjoy the freedoms Hwayoung is having.

I'm happy at new opportunities for T-ARA but my first wishes are for their safety.
From what I've heard of the Palms LV show and a youtube clip purporting to be of the new US release, that version of Jeon Won Diary is not very good.
It's slow and littered with lyrics about bitches and hoes. It doesn't sound particularly unique in the genre. CCM is desperate to tap into that US market for whatever reason, probably because the girls' contracts expire next year. Hopefully they weigh options with others agencies because CCM has not done them as many favors as they have disservices. YG Entertainment feels like a better fit.

In any event, I'm sure we all want T-ARA to succeed because we ♥ them.

The Las Vegas event was definitely not their new English version of Jeon Won Diary. Everybody who is familiar with the song already knew full well that the song that was performed over there was a remix of the original song. And the full version of the English version has not been officially released, nor any information about the song's lyrics either. I don't see any desperation from Core Contents Media, since T-ara did a Japan Tour, and making a Korean comeback soon. And at least Core Contents Media acknowledges T-ara's fans in the U.S., which is a good thing. And there's absolutely nothing wrong for T-ara and Core Contents Media to try the U.S. market, especially when T-ara has made it publicly that they are strong, mature, and willing to try, even if it ends in failure, which I have lots of respect and support for them and Core Contents Media.

Having their contracts end is not a good thing for them. Some people just don't realize the ramifications that occurs when that happens. Firstly, all of their original songs and materials that they have done, is no longer available to them, even though they are the ones who performed it. Secondly, they would start all over from scratch, not an easy thing to get over, just look at every other artists how hard they've struggled, and yet didn't return to their status levels as before. At least Hwayoung can still rejoing T-ara and regain her star status more effectively and easily this way, especially for Areum. Thirdly, it'll crush them deeply and emotionally, more worse than what happened to Hwayoung. They are artists, and they have chosen this line of work as their careers. If they wanted to do something else, they would have years ago. If criminal acts were happening in the company they would've brought the police and the proper authorities to resolve it effectively. Since that didn't happen, than that means none of that happened at all. T-ara knows who they are, not other people telling them who they are, like idiotically claiming that they are bullies or even slaves by antis, without any proof whatsoever. No proof was ever shown to have any creditability to prove that they are bullies, nor was their a copy of each of their contracts made publicly to specifically state that they are slaves even too. And I'm pretty sure slavery is outlawed in South Korea.

After their recent interview, no such disdain or animosity exist in Core Contents Media, nor amongst the T-ara members. Core Contents Media and T-ara will make their attempt in the U.S. market. As fans, not antis, will support them as best we can. Antis surely don't, because they continue to bring up their illogical thinking without any facts, let alone proof, in order to create fear, loathing, and unfavorableness to everybody, just because they like to think they know better, when in fact, they really don't.

Emperor Ryu should calm down. Just because we have doubts, that are very reasonable, doesn't make us T-ara fans or anyone else an anti. You can't put that label on anyone who doesn't worship everything T-ara. That's childish in my opinion. Would you please accept that we all think differently?

In fairness, I've checked on those so called reasonings myself before, to see just how valid they really are, and I found that there's really not enough ample doubt to cause any significant worry or even an alarm. In fact, I found all of them truthfully invalid. It is well known that antis are at the forefront in trying to downplay "all of T-ara's efforts" by such foolishness. Let's go over an example, leaving Core Contents Media, mentioned by CptFantasy, . . .

Antis have already stated that they want T-ara out of Core Contents Media, just because they bought into their very own paranoia delusions and fears. Their reasoning is based on a bunch of lies about T-ara not having enough sleep, not enough pay, not enough freedom as compared to other livelihoods happening around them, and Core Contents Media, specifically Kim Kwang Soo is not an effective C.E.O. Antis have argued that the members of T-ara don't get enough sleep, when there's proof that the members "do get sleep". We see them sleeping, even taking some vacation time every now and then. There was even media reports notifying everybody about their coming vacation time. One of them lasted for 10 days even. Antis forgotten that an artist's lifestyle and work are managed quite differently than other professions. They still can't handle this fact, not one bit at all. Which makes them completely dumb in the most obvious sense.

In truth, nobody outside Core Contents Media knows how much they get paid for every job offer they take on. All of us outside, including the media, do not have access to their accounting files and paychecks, not even bank records, let alone tax information. Just because of 1 job that they got little pay from, doesn't even come close to even say that is how it is for every job that they do, let alone even cover wage increases. Now for the freedom part, if Core Contents Media can reschedule their work load and even assign vacation/break time, I'm pretty sure freedom is not even an issue. If antis are trying to bank on having freedom while working, that's just plain idiocy. Next, . . .

Core Contents Media, like every other label in the industry have their struggles. Sometimes they make mistakes, and they try their very best to correct it, and move on, unlike antis, whom can't correct their own messed up mistakes, and continue to repeat them over and over again. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere here on this forum about "not bashing T-ara". In T-ara's recent interview, Core Contents Media, including Kim Kwang Soo, are doing their very best to help T-ara expand more globally as possible, because the realities of what's happening right now, which is, "K-Pop is global", whether antis believe it or not. When those mistakes happened back then, I've found apologizes issued by them, including T-ara, all the time. Do we hear any apologies from antis to T-ara and Core Contents Media for the lies they make up all the time and try to deceive others? Only by the ones who are caught by the police so far. The rest, no. Some antis like to point out and accuse Kim Kwang Soo as an evil person because he is a member of K.E.P.A. (Korean Entertainment Producers Association). Antis don't even have a clue how the organization even operates when they start comparing it to a criminal syndicate. Such utter inaneness. Have antis sat in on their meetings? No. Is Kim Kwang Soo the leader of K.E.P.A.? No, he's the Vice Chairman. Is there any indication presently that fully proves without a reasonable doubt that Kim Kwang Soo is an evil person that was spawned from the abyss of hell? No. To the contrary, Kim Kwang Soo has done more good to date. T-ara was becoming bigger and better, before Hwayoung's Incident, and Kim Kwang Soo is still keeping T-ara afloat as best as possible, and he's succeeding in doing that, even now. Especially reaching out to T-ara fans around the world, including the U.S. Which is a very good and positive thing. Not listening to the illogical antis trying to foolishly discriminate, or even try to compare to other artists. Antis are such idiots who can't get their facts straight.

So when an anti states that they want T-ara out of Core Contents Media or even have their contracts end or not renewed, the real truth is, they really want T-ara to end and retire already from their hard working careers and kill off all of their dreams and hopes in what they want, what they choose to do, in their lives. The only time I will ever support their leave, is when they themselves have decided to retire and accomplished their goals, at least most of them, many years from now. So when you ask me what is childish, antis are the ones acting childish, since I took the time to make sure what I'm reading and seeing is the truth or not, and stay impartial on decisions until more information is gathered. They didn't, not even enough for that matter.

I still have mixed feelings about this U.S. debut. As a fan, I'm happy they got an opportunity to expand into a new market and spread their music, and I will support them for sure. However, I still think it is not a good idea and that T-ara N4 should not rush this debut. There are so many big names in K-pop who tried to break the U.S. market but all 'failed'. The only one who made it is Psy and he didn't do it on purpose lol. T-ara alreay have Korea, Japan and all Asia in general...so why not focusing on those markets where they are more well received.

I still have mixed feelings about this U.S. debut. As a fan, I'm happy they got an opportunity to expand into a new market and spread their music, and I will support them for sure. However, I still think it is not a good idea and that T-ara N4 should not rush this debut. There are so many big names in K-pop who tried to break the U.S. market but all 'failed'. The only one who made it is Psy and he didn't do it on purpose lol.

Previous K-Pop artists in the past, whom attempted the U.S. market have demonstrated this gradually and slowly increase of media exposure, performance venues and events. Before then, there was no K-Pop in the U.S. This indicates that the genre is growing more and more steadily over the years since the late 1990s. It is nice to have goals and expectations, even extremely high ones, but that doesn't mean that they didn't meet necessary levels of success. In fact, previous K-Pop artists have been successful in spreading the music more globally, and became the stepping stones for future K-Pop artists to be able to expand themselves, including Psy. Failure? Not even.

T-ara alreay have Korea, Japan and all Asia in general...so why not focusing on those markets where they are more well received.

That is the most easiest question to answer. Surely, you're not going to get the answer from antis, because they are just plain dumb and unable to comprehend the facts, let alone the realities of the world.

There are fans outside of that region of the world, and their numbers are growing.

I still have mixed feelings about this U.S. debut. As a fan, I'm happy they got an opportunity to expand into a new market and spread their music, and I will support them for sure. However, I still think it is not a good idea and that T-ara N4 should not rush this debut. There are so many big names in K-pop who tried to break the U.S. market but all 'failed'. The only one who made it is Psy and he didn't do it on purpose lol. T-ara alreay have Korea, Japan and all Asia in general...so why not focusing on those markets where they are more well received.

Agreed. Psy was received more as a joke than a serious artist. Everyone liked that song because it was a club banger, the dance was easy, and the song itself was just ridiculous fun. If T-ara does try to enter the US market, I think the N4 stuff is not the material to do it with. But then again I would be a terrible judge for that. I have trouble picking out T-ara songs for my non-Kpop, American friends to listen to, while other groups like Kara or BEG come much easier. They also need to keep Hyomin away from that Engrish too.