Diadem Forums

[13.09.12] T-ara N4's Dani in F-Dolls "Can you love me?"

Princess Pril

It actually surprised me a lot because I expected her part to suck but it was good, at least to me. I liked how she was not wearing much make-up although it sort of back fired because all I see is people making fun of her looks. Anyways, the song is great and she did well. I'm feeling slightly less anxious about their US debut

^ Question is, can she actually do it well live?

Her live rapping back last year, to put it subtly, sounded rather....awful. For an idol rapper, she's hardly anything really special.

I could barely get through that video but there is a big difference since that time as seen in the video. Her dancing isn't as awkward as I expected and she carried herself better than I thought possible. Based on those observations, I think her live won't be as cringe worthy as last year. She could also lip sync.

I could barely get through that video but there is a big difference since that time as seen in the video. Her dancing isn't as awkward as I expected and she carried herself better than I thought possible. Based on those observations, I think her live won't be as cringe worthy as last year. She could also lip sync.

It is an MV after all though, where mistakes can be edited and 'corrected' to look as if they're good at the job :3

She's only been in training for about...a little over a year, maybe 1.5 years now? That isn't really anything substantial even if she has improved from that mess last year + if she lip syncs, that only further reinforces questionability of how well she's actually capable in it (if she has any credible skill in it to begin with, as generally speaking, idol rappers are not even considered actual rappers) and it'd be pretty easily noticed by folks who are looking for trouble.

It is an MV after all though, where mistakes can be edited and 'corrected' to look as if they're good at the job :3

She's only been in training for about...a little over a year, maybe 1.5 years now? That isn't really anything substantial even if she has improved from that mess last year + if she lip syncs, that only further reinforces questionability of how well she's actually capable in it (if she has any credible skill in it to begin with, as generally speaking, idol rappers are not even considered actual rappers) and it'd be pretty easily noticed by folks who are looking for trouble.

Your points are valid. MVs can be edited to make someone look less awkward. I mean they managed to make Kris of EXO look cool. I'll just wait until the performance to see but I'm hopeful she won't mess up any worse than other rookies

Dani does not disappoint, and I'm so very happy at how well she did in the music video. Her rapping is very sweet and easygoing, which matches perfectly with the song itself. She even sang with the chorus too. Her dancing is right on with the rest of the F-VE Dolls members as well. She done an amazing performance for her parts that supports her labelmates. F-VE Dolls did a very fantastic performance job with their vocals and their dancing. All of them together did an outstanding job for this song, and music video. ^_^

It doesn't surprise me antis are going to criticize Dani so hard, while not equally criticizing their favorite member(s), or even when they enjoy the recorded song(s) on the CDs, instead of live recordings when they try to pull the whole "audio argument" stunt again, the utter hypocrisy. But then again, that's antis for us all. They're nothing but a bunch of moronic idiots who continue to just hate on the newer T-ara members, and can't get their facts straight, let alone get out of their delusional idiocy.

Firstly, music videos are a means to promote their main product, which is the song(s). The song(s) by itself/themselves is/are a completed recording(s) that captures the artist's talented vocal abilities, whether they be singing, harmonizing, chorus, and/or rapping. Not going to even try to crucify any artist for their music videos and try to overshadow their talent, because the reality is, that is their vocals, their rapping and singing being recorded, whether there's auto-tunes are not, or even edited, because edited or not, they are still going to perform the full length of their tracks without a doubt after the recording, which they've already proven that they can carry on for such durations from their auditions when they sang their favorite song(s) all the way through.

Secondly, the training systems differ amongst the label companies where we get numbers that range from 1 and a half years, 2, 3 years to as long as 5, 8, and even 10 years of training. Yes, there are children/young adolescence that start at such a young age, and we've all seen some of their cover dance videos online. With Dani's efforts to even make it over a year is still praiseworthy, and she's still going on with her career, which again, I'm not going to take away her chances to succeed, just because of some idiotic reasons, like her age, or even trying to bash on her current performance levels when in fact she can improve and become better, as proof of other artists who have done so before her.

And raps is still raps, even a rapper can tell the truth about that, not a bunch of antis thinking they know rap when they themselves can't tell the obvious similarity. If I rapped a few lines from a song, that's still rapping. If I wrote a rap song and rapped it, that's still rapping. If I free-styled rap all of the sudden, that's still rapping. If an artist raps, that's rap, and that artist is a rapper. There's no difference between an artist from one genre or another when that artist raps, period. I swear, some people need some education, maybe reeducation what rap truly is.

Lastly, the reality about lip-singing is it will always be there from time to time as to provide a protective means for the artist's vocal cords/speech. I'm very sure every artist is well aware about having to use it for interviews, meetings, vocal practicing, Q&As, meeting fans and other people, like people they are going to work with, making videos, not to mention making and taking phone calls. We've all heard about such throat injuries before, like Sistar's Hyorin during her time with Immortal Song 2 a couple years back, even hearing about Kara's Gyuri and her throat medical condition too. Sure, I'm one of those who prefer the real deal singing/rapping, but I can at least give leeway for understanding why lip-singing wasn't banned and prohibited. On rare occasions, a few artists actually notified their audience about performing with lip-singing in advance before the stage event, which I found very thoughtful of them to do so. Thus, I'm not even going to bash any artist when they have to resort to lip-singing, ever, because either way, I'm going to hear their singing/rapping anyway.

C'mon guys...why are we being so critical about Dani and her abilities especially on her rapping and live singing? Its easy to forget that she is only 14yrs old. Have you all ever wondered what you were doing when you were 14 yrs old? Give her a chance to develop through performances like this. Don't subject her to such scrutiny such as not being able to perform live, rapping or dancing skills. Honestly, how many kpop groups or singers out there can actually give a good live singing performance in their concerts or chart shows? Lets not become a 'hater'.

If there are any criticism to be levelled at Dani, I think it should be directed towards CCM for putting someone who is not up for the role. That is not to say that I have anything against Dani's performance or anything. For me, she did alright in this MV. I just think we should not criticise her personally. T-ara as a group and their members whether they are current, new or ex member all deserve our support for they each have contributed a little something towards T-ara.

However, constructive criticism are always welcome if it contributes to the improvement of T-ara.

Her Korean was smooth and well delivered, her dancing was average--the choreography wasn't anything spectacular, the song was good, but she's come a long way. She didn't look like the awkward kid we were introduced to last year. I'm proud of her and I'll enjoy watching her improve from here. She did very well, and I think many people are being probably more critical of Dani than they would any other rookie, which is hardly fair.

Please remember this is the 12 year old kid who decided to vacation in Korea and got picked up off a street corner for the chance of a life time. Who wouldn't take that opportunity? I don't think she deserves all the negativity that's happening right now, and the people who are dishing it out should be embarrassed of themselves.

We've spent the last year trying to shed the image of 'bullies' and people are now spending their time bullying a 14 year old who may very well one day end up being a member of T-ara. It's sick.

C'mon guys...why are we being so critical about Dani and her abilities especially on her rapping and live singing? Its easy to forget that she is only 14yrs old. Have you all ever wondered what you were doing when you were 14 yrs old? Give her a chance to develop through performances like this. Don't subject her to such scrutiny such as not being able to perform live, rapping or dancing skills. Honestly, how many kpop groups or singers out there can actually give a good live singing performance in their concerts or chart shows? Lets not become a 'hater'.

If there are any criticism to be levelled at Dani, I think it should be directed towards CCM for putting someone who is not up for the role. That is not to say that I have anything against Dani's performance or anything. For me, she did alright in this MV. I just think we should not criticise her personally. T-ara as a group and their members whether they are current, new or ex member all deserve our support for they each have contributed a little something towards T-ara.

However, constructive criticism are always welcome if it contributes to the improvement of T-ara.

Totally agree B)