Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] What song got you guys into T-ARA?

jiyeonandbrandon

• 2 weeks later...

Lovey Dovey and Roly Poly. I heard them both in the same day, after only having listened to some T-ara songs that I didn't care for (most of which I now love). It wasn't just the song, even though that had a lot to do with it. The T-ara members seemed so charming and beautiful in the videos, and they just worked really well with the themes of the songs to me.

• 4 weeks later...

the first song I heard from them was Day By Day, but that didn't get me into them. I can't remember if I looked up any of their old songs before hearing Sexy Love or not (I don't think I did),

So as far as I can remember, the song that got me into them was *thinks long and hard* probably, Lovey Dovey, Bo Peep Bo Peep and/or Yayaya, not sure exactly which one though.

I can remember though that after I first got into them my favourite song of theirs was Why Are You Like This for close to a year (maybe around 8-10 months) before changing several times (it's currently Bo Peep)

I hated KPOP before. The first song I knew about it was "The Boys" by SNSD and I abhor it. But one fateful day, I was reading from Wattpad a fanfic which has Nana as the lead female. But what caught my attention was a picture of a uber-cute girl (which was Boram). I was hell-bent in searching for her and BAM, I discovered the existence of T-ara.

Since I was only after Boram's face that time, I didn't went deeper into KPOP. I got interested in ulzzangs first. But I accidentally saw a poll and T-ara won over SNSD in there. I was amazed because SNSD is the biggest thing I knew about kpop but then T-ara won. I was impressed and started to search them and saw CRY CRY mv. I watched both drama and dance version. FIRST IMPRESSION LASTS, I THOUGHT CRY CRY WAS THE COOLEST SONG EVAH. 

And I searched everything they released and was fascinated how diverse their concepts are. Cry Cry introduced me to them but Bo Peep made me love them more. I dunno, maybe its because Boram has so much lines in there (in cry cry there's none, only a dance break) or its really the song, idk.  ^_^ 

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the ice breaker was Lovey Dovey zombie version and the shuffle dance -  a long after the song was released, maybe a little more than year and half ago. I remember I had seen some mv's before, but wasn't that much into those earlier. Or at least didn't make any notice what group was performing.

edit: checked from the mv file dates in my hd, that it was actually late summer/autumn 2012  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I see that lot's of people picked TTL as the song that got them into T-ara. Same here:) When I saw the TTL mv for the first time I was like "WOW". The rap parts sounded cool, the girls looked cool, the dancing looked cool, the background was cool, everything was cool=D. And also Soyeon's voice was so beautiful. I remembered that people wrote at the comment section that this was the song that brought them into K-pop. This was very true for me. Ofcourse I've heard some K-pop songs before like Gee from snsd or Mr. Big from Lee Hyori. But I wasn't really into K-pop until TTL. TTL is still one of my favorite T-ara song.

• 3 weeks later...

for this...I'd like to say the forever No 1 songs which is Roly Poly and Lovey Dovey that kind of attract me into them. I mean so into them until I became a fan. The shop played the song on speaker and I was just there standing in front of that shop listening till the end. and then I say this is it! This is the type of songs that I like! 

Tbh if I ever heard any of their songs before,besides Roly Poly and Lovey Dovey...I'm sure I'll still became interesting to them immediately. But I never heard one...even on my country's radio or official music channel. maybe I missed it back then but I swear I never even heard of a kpop band named T-ARA and that is weird. LOL

I only know the "Big 3" groups cuz they were like all over the place since they(music channel,radio) played them repeatedly till you'll gets boring. 

• 2 weeks later...