Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] What song got you guys into T-ARA?

jiyeonandbrandon

For me it was Cry Cry. It was a totally amazing song and with the music video and the drama. EunJung really stood out in Cry Cry, together with HyoMin.

Then I started listening to their ballads as I really enjoy ballads. This is what really makes T-ara stand out. Many girl groups out there do not sing ballads, or otherwise they sound terrible. T-ara's ballads never disappoint me, with Lies, Crycry, Its okay, I know the feeling, Hurt, and even Hide and Seek recently. Just listening to their ballads make my mood much much better.

Unlike some other groups that only have pretty faces, T-ara songs are what that drives us to keep liking them. We can get sick of looking only at pretty faces but pretty faces with good music is something that no one would want to miss out on

• 2 weeks later...

My first K-pop group was Girl's Generation with their song ''Oh!'' in 2010! Back then I was a big J-pop fan, probably the Koreanmusicwave caught me too. So I started listening K-pop, expect of BoA who I know a long time before. ''I go crazy because of you'' was the first T-ara Video I saw; with this they immediately caught my attention. Afterwards I also really liked ''CheromChereom'' and from then I stated to follow T-ara. It was probably in June 2011. Back then I didn’t know that they would turn out to become my absolute favorite Musicians.

Hmmm, first time I heard T-ara song would be Roly-Poly. I'm not into K-pop back then but the song manage to get me interested. Afterward, I tried searching their other songs on youtube, but it's not really my cup of tea since I thought it's too loud and repetitive, at first.

Then I got into Kpop around the same time as number 9 just released, I gave it a go and...suddenly they're my favorite group. Especially after watching the Cry Cry MV. All the other songs just made sense now and I enjoyed their brand of upbeat earworm music. The ballads took a while for me to get into, but now they're my absolute favorite as well. IMO Painkiller, Lies Ballad ver, and We were in love were among the best ballads I've ever heard.

• 1 month later...

Mine was Roly Poly. I was kinda neutral about K-pop at the time, I listened to a few old K-pop songs here and there plus I played Audition all the time but never really got into it. Then I heard my friend using Day by day as her ringtune, I thought it was good so I searched for it on youtube. To be honest I was quite disappointed with the drama MV, then I clicked on Roly Poly Copacabana ver I was like "That short girl is super cute. Who is she, is she even an idol?" - she was Boram unni ah. But to be honest I was quite busy at that time so I didn't have much time digging into their songs. It was about last January my friend posted a youtube link of weekly idol random dance on her facebook. I didn't bother at first but then I realized the group was T-ara so I gave it a try and then Boram again caught my eyes haha. Since then I've been in love with their songs and Boram herself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I first knew them from listening to 'Lies', I did like their music, though never considered myself to be T-ara's fan.

What really got me was definitely 'Apple is A'. At first I had only listened to the song so I had no idea it's T-ara's. Then came across the MV and Jiyeon became my first kpop bias :)

• 2 weeks later...

My first experience of k-pop was MAMA awards 2012 where also t-ara was but i didn't get hooked on them yet. Then i found roly-poly and it came one of my favourite song ever. Why i became a real T-ara fan, was number 9. That song is just perfect and that's why i looked up and got into T-ara and their songs.

• 3 weeks later...

i know t-ara around 2010 ..but only about their existence ..then i listen to TTL from my friend phone..wahh this song was soo good..but still i just being casual kpop fan..watch dream high..i hate eunjung for being bad there(she really good actress)

THEN...during lovey dovey..early 2012..while watching music bank as i remembered..wahhh...that girl is soo pretty :wub: ..it was Ji Yeon..than i search more about them..listening to their new and old song..profile..varieties..and since then im being a fan .

i always change bias(hard to choose only one) but no matter what T-ARA always no.1 in my heart.. <3<3<3

I actually first took interest in them because of a drama but music wise i think it was really TTL that sparked my interest in them and also supernova. I mean i was already following them prior to that but TTL really put them up there on my lists of groups to watch out for, so every time they released something i had to listen to it or watch it, not all of their releases were top notch "amazing" but it was enough to keep me following them and somehow along the way I became a full on huge fan ;)

The group that got me into KPOP was SNSD

After searching through SNSD videos i found T-ara's Roly Poly and got addicted to it so bad but i didn't bother to search T-ara up and listen to their music properly until the day We Were In Love was released. i was sold to T-ara(I'm a serious ballad freak) and now they're my 1 and only fandom, and i don't regret it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just gotten really interested in Kpop since last year although I do know some kpop songs and a few groups before,but it gets boring pretty quickly. I actually like any kind of music/songs as long as it's good.

It was around last year that I've heard this song being played at a shop...first it was Roly Poly and then Lovey Dovey. Man...it was so good and it wasn't like any other kpop songs that I heard.