Diadem Forums

[13.10.15] T-ara: "Our American advancement became a problem because of too much hype"

nathaniel

[13.10.15] T-ara: "Our American advancement became a problem because of too much hype"

77247581.jpg

Girl group T-ara opened up about their American expansion controversy.

On the 14th, T-ara met in Gangnam for an interview at a cafe to discuss their comeback and more. Regarding their American advancement, they said, "T-ara N4's entry into America was misleading because the information was exaggerated."

T-ara's unit T-ara N4 (Hyomin, Areum, Eunjung, Jiyeon) announced their a press conference in May that they received a love call from Chris Brown to enter the American market. In America, T-ara showed up on stage at a pool party, and the controversial performance affected T-ara's image once again.

Eunjung said, "We learned through articles that we'd be going to the Untied States. Suddenly, we quickly were preparing for the United States! We saw the place where we would be performing with Chris Brown and it was a party-type of place that we first thought would be contemptible."

Following, "We didn't like the feeling we had while performing on stage with the others just standing beside us. Despite this, we're still proud that we were able to perform on stage in a prestigious place like the United States."

Eunjung then said that "The United States advancement had too many expectations and hype surrounded around it, so it created a bigger problem in the end. Our company was expecting a record label contract and at the time saw a company offer us something good, so things didn't work out as we all thought (?)"

Meanwhile, T-ara are currently promoting as six with "Number Nine" and "I Know The Feeling".

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20131015n03906

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

They always learn about big surprise/news through fans or media, always in a rush >.<. Eunjung is a smart girl when answering interview questions, good job EJ. A little bit unfortunate abt what happened with N4, hopefully KKS/CCM learn somethinf from that event.

Anyways, Number 9 hwaiting ^__^

-- the girls are always not informed of such important announcements .. and if they are informed, it's mostly because they had read it on an article or something similar. KKS/CCM doesn't seem to care if they properly inform their artists or not. They really should value them much more since they're the ones making the money roll into the company. ( =~=)

this is what happens when they connect themselves with the environment that is Chris Brown and those kind of people. THX to CCM for that. American hip hop look only suited Areum.

I am really glad they are back in Korea and on stage again. Europe seems to be T-ara's Style more considering they have been there + on vacation.

They always learn about big surprise/news through fans or media, always in a rush >.<. Eunjung is a smart girl when answering interview questions, good job EJ. A little bit unfortunate abt what happened with N4, hopefully KKS/CCM learn somethinf from that event.

Anyways, Number 9 hwaiting ^__^

I am sorry to say that but no they never learnt

Why did they have to learn the important things through the news? It wouldn't be that difficult to inform them! Besides, they can do some preparation and not everything in rush.

If you watched the lastest T-ara radio show with Shindong, then you will know that this is the way KKS runs his company= ="

Can you ever imagine that it only took three days for them to finish all the preperation for the whole no.9 cb plan???

This is what happens if their idiot of a CEO lacks in communication. At least let the girls know what they're going to be doing so they can prepare for it properly and not get embarrassed.

AND STOP BLOODY OVER EXAGGERATING INFORMATION TO THE MEDIA. IT ONLY HURTS THE GIRLS WHILE YOU WALK AWAY UNSCATHED YOU USELESS EXCUSE OF A CEO !!

I hope the girls will be notified from now on of what they're going to be doing instead of suddenly dropping the bomb on them that they'll be doing this and that right now or worse finding out through the media like they always have due to CCM's incompetence ~

everything looked rush and suddenly but i'm glad they got this opportunity..

use it as a good experience to made it better in the next step when they promote in America.. :D

and i hope it's not only t-ara N4 but t-ara too.. :D

btw, is it in caffenne?

This was pretty obvious from the get-go when the first news were announced, and reeked of CCM's incompetence, like as if the garbage hadn't been taken out for weeks.

It takes a special kind of stupidity to give only a couple days' worth of prep for going to some country as massive as the US. Actually, scratch that. It takes a special kind of mental deficiency to do so. That being said, this US venture is pointless and unnecessary. It's not like T-ara will stay around as a group in the near future (say, 2-4 years time), and K-pop crossing over to the US is never going to succeed.

As Simon Cowell from X Factor said to contestant Shaun Armenta a while back - "you're like a mouse trying to become an elephant."

this is all KKS and CCM's fault but all the bashing goes on T-ARA

and that's really something I don't like about this company!

They can't handle the business! And it's a really disappointment for

such a great group with great fan-base!

I really want to tell KKS to go to some business management classes,

cause this is not how you manage a company and a label, not only CCM

as well as T-ARA!!!

does their manager even go to CCM or get calls or what? is his job too to keep in touch always and most of all try to discuss things with the ceo I guess

my poor girls working like this and its not only T-ara imagine all trainees and groups

QBS may have suffered the same rush but hopefully it was less stressfull

KKS needs to get his sense back if he ever had any

Well I said then that this has a massive potential to blow up in their faces AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW IT DID. Seriously I am sick and tired of seeing KKS use T-ara as his personal meat shield to hide behind when xxxx hits the fan. Their association with Cris Brown aside that poor excuse of a pool party they performed at, this just proves how mutch of an idiot KKS is and how he is grasping for straws and running T-ara into the ground. Sad really and I can't help but feel bad for the girls.

I just can't believe some people who forgot what Eunjung said in a previous interview about not having adequate information prior to their Las Vegas performance, which Chris Brown made his mistake, however, T-ara forgave him for it here. Which I still don't really blame Core Contents Media, nor Kim Kwang Soo for being excited and trying their best to showcase T-ara in the U.S. The sheer hatred for the company and their C.E.O. is just profoundly dumb already.

We can all agree that the preparations were not that good. And that they received an invitation from the U.S., in which changed their schedule. Obviously, T-ara does have goals in the U.S. and there are fans there, and there was a degree of success nonetheless, and T-ara gained more from it, than did Chris Brown. They can still succeed in the U.S., because they at least know what to expect, and work on and improve from their previous experiences.

Ancient history as far as I'm concerned. I stressed over T-ARA N4's US promotions enough in May and I'm past that now.

There are two people to blame for that debacle: Kim Kwang Soo for putting the cart ahead of the horse so to speak, and criminal scumbag degenerate Chris Brown who as expected, was an epic scumbag through out this whole mess.

Thankfully, Eunjung and the girls have good heads on their shoulders. They were possibly the most intelligent people in Las Vegas that week.

What a strange situation that was though where we had Dani of all people telling the press T-ARA was going to be working with, whoever...

I don't think Dani is a bad person or anything, but she was clearly over her head.

BTW why is Chris Brown hanging out with 15 year old girls anyway?

8VODIkN.jpg

There were some good fan photos though. :)

BTW why is Chris Brown hanging out with 15 year old girls anyway?

Good question.

It reminds me of that horrific confession former child actor Corey Feldman once said about pedophilia in Hollywood and moguls (or rather just folks with a lot of influence and power) within the showbiz in the US. Scary stuff.