Diadem Forums

[13.10.15] T-ara, "Areum is preparing diligently every day for her solo debut"

nathaniel

Not buying it, sounds like media-play at best.

Mediocre popularity and talent at best (let's be honest here, Soyeon sings better than she does and even she doesn't have a decent chance in succeeding solo), with terribad management is going to impede her pretty hard. Not to mention the with the over-saturated status of the idol market. She's gonna need more than just good luck.

If she's working as hard on her music as she is on updating Instagram over the last 2 days, she'll be unstoppable! :P

I see what you did there :ph34r:

It doesn't surprise me one bit to still see antis and hating 6-aras to say that Areum won't make it, because they don't even have any clue on her hard working progress inside Core Contents Media. Like they ever did in the first place, such stupidity. So, they are going around with their childish antics and telling everybody about their stupid, illogical, so-called reasoning, like comparing her to other artists, when there's no grounds in comparing Areum's current solo work at all, because nobody outside of Core Contents Media, which includes antis and spiteful 6-aras, knows what she's doing for her solo debut. All the while still beating the dead horse argument of their drummed up delusions and illogical assumptions on the status quo of Core Contents Media, and their idiotic thinking and utter paranoia on the music market.

I, like many others, are looking forward to seeing what Areum will bring to the stage, and she's always welcome to rejoin T-ara, and many fans will always support her, because she's part of the T-ara and Core Contents Media Family. ^_^

It's unfair to pass judgement on Areum's future at such an early stage of her career and one definitely can't make a comparison between well established kpop idols and Areum. There is definitely no comparison if one were to judge someone with years of experience and training with Areum who was with T-ara for about a year and before that in school studying and training.

Despite the fact that she was so new to the kpop scene, one can actually see her talents shine through during her time with T-ara. As earlier noted, she can dance, rap and sing. And this fact is not lost on CCM as she was given several prominent roles in T-ara's song. I mean, how good was she in her solo in sexy love? A true recognition of her still raw talents. And while most of us are sad to see Areum's departure from T-ara, in a way it speaks of how highly the company thinks of her to take a valuable asset out of T-ara and to make solo career out of it. Whether one agrees with such a decision is a whole different story. But for me personally, from what I've seen of Areum's talents and performance, I really like what I see. I am definitely looking forward to see more of her. A real diamond in the rough!

Of course one cannot expect each and every kpop artiste to reach the level of success achieved by the likes SNSD and Super Junior. But does that mean if one cannot get to the top one should not even try? That's the easy way out isn't it? The road to success is long journey. Don't expect instant success and results. As long as one has the talents and ready to work hard for it then one can live with a clear conscience to say at least I gave it my best shot. Like they say nothing ventured nothing gained.

Areum was solid as a T-ARA member. She's really good at pop and lock, that's pretty unique in and of itself but we know she can sing and rap very well but if her Instagram activity is any indicator (and it usually is) she may need to mature a bit yet. I don't mean that negatively, it's just she's really young and doing things that 20 year olds do sometimes. I cant imagine everyone being able to handle the crazy schedule of a kpop idol at just after finishing high school.

Areum was solid as a T-ARA member. She's really good at pop and lock, that's pretty unique in and of itself but we know she can sing and rap very well but if her Instagram activity is any indicator (and it usually is) she may need to mature a bit yet. I don't mean that negatively, it's just she's really young and doing things that 20 year olds do sometimes. I cant imagine everyone being able to handle the crazy schedule of a kpop idol at just after finishing high school.

Her instagram updates don't appear to be any cause of concern lately, and her age shouldn't be a problem either, because she has shown that she's able to handle very well before. :)

• 2 months later...

I have my doubts regarding her succes as a solo artist. She was a good addition to T-ara and as far as idols go she's a good singer, dancer and rapper, but there are very few idols that can make it solo and I don't see her as one of them. Not to mention her popularity is pretty low.

Hope she makes something of herself eventually though, even if it won't be in music.