Diadem Forums

[13.10.22] T-ara, a Tearful Interview. Instead of explaining, they are reflecting.

kkyc222

T-ara, A Tearful Interview… Instead of explaining, they are reflecting

By Kim Yong Ho

20131022021828_0.jpg

I met with girl group T-ara. The “T-ara Incident” that caused uproar in Korea last year. At the time, after finishing their Japan Buddokan concert, success was right in front of their eyes, but a small argument between the members became a large controversy through SNS. More so than the truth of what happened, the public was more interested and passionate in their witchhunt. There is nothing more saddening than to be misunderstood. The T-ara members had also wanted to defend themselves saying that “This was not what happened in reality.”

Just like that, a year has passed and T-ara met with us reporters. But this time, the interview is not a consoling one. The controversy has to be something they face once more before their wounds can begin to heal. So right from the beginning I asked a powerful question “Why do you think T-ara is being criticised?”

20131022021833_0.jpg

The girls jumped at the question. But it is a question that must be answered. Perhaps it was a question they were mentally prepared for. Member Eunjung carefully replied, “We think that there must be a reason. Although there were some misunderstandings, because we think part of the reason we hear those words is because of us, we have humbly accepted [the criticism].” Hyomin said “Because we disappointed a lot of people who gave us love, we were wrong. That was an irreparable mistake. We can’t pretend it never happened. We have reflected upon our immature actions and think that we can only work hard to [make up for it].” Eunjung said, “We think that not expressing our thoughts at the time was one of the reasons we were criticised so much. We are very regretful for not expressing our thoughts from our hearts well at the time. But now, instead of using words, we think that we should use action to demonstrate [our hearts].” The members expressed their regret.

20131022021837_0.jpg

T-ara used to be one of the most loved girl groups. But now they are harshly receiving hate. A change like that is difficult for young girls to accept. I asked, “Isn’t the reality now very saddening?” But the answer I received was a mature one, “It seems like the sad period has passed and now we are thankful for little things.” Soyeon said “In the past, being nominated for 1st place seemed to be a given. But now, when we hear that we have been nominated for 1st place, we feel so happy we get goosebumps.” Eunjung said, “The way we think has changed. I think we are lucky to have obtained these results from working hard. We hope that we will achieve better results in the future.” Jiyeon said , “It seems like we really learned a lot. We learned to be thankful for little things.” T-ara talked about their thoughts on their comeback. Eunjung, “Achieving a lot of popularity at a young age can make people arrogant and that appearance can be revealed unconsciously. Although it may not be revealed with bad intentions, it seems to have been interpreted as such.” Answers like these, instead of defending themselves, it seems like T-ara has embraced a reflective attitude.

Suddenly, the young girls began to cry. Hyomin and Eunjung were the first to pick up tissues. Soyeon, although saying “I really don’t want to cry”, started to choke up as well. Jiyeon, who usually does not say much and has been misunderstood a lot, her tears also ruined her makeup. The members all expressed their thanks to their fans. “We are so thankful for our fans who have stayed by us even after so many bad things happened. We understand how valuable they are,” they said, revealing their honest thoughts.

20131022021840_0.jpg

T-ara recently released their 8th mini album “AGAIN” and is promoting with double title tracks “No.9” and “I Know the Feeling.” In particular, No.9 has reached 1st place on several charts upon release and was even nominated for 1st in a music programme, achieving popularity. But T-ara is still very humble. With their heads down, they said “Instead of a desire for 1st place, we have been practising overnight with the thought that it would be great if we can receive love. We are thankful for getting response that is better than we thought.”

Looking at T-ara, who expressed, “We were afraid about performing on stage when we knew we wouldn’t receive applause, but for those who have given us applause, we will do the best we can,” I am touched by the way they are struggling to overcome their trauma. I wonder if shedding tears like this will make them feel better. I look forward to T-ara overcoming these trials and becoming a cheerful girl group once again.

Original source http://www.sportsworldi.com/Articles/EntCulture/Article.asp?aid=20131022022822&subctg1=50&subctg2=00&OutUrl=daum
Translated via Chinese trans by TCN: http://www.t-arachina.cn/bbs/thread-67945-1-1.html

The incident make them be more mature. Instead of giving excuses, they accept it and fix themselve to be better

They hv been through a lot T.T

Jiyeon who usually quiet now cry a lot until her makeup ruined. They must hv been kept this feeling for too long. :(

T ara is the only group that I love. No matter what I will support T ara. Only T ara. In the past, present and forever <3

Sadly the only people who read this know the truth and still support T ara. IF there was a problem we have forgiven and long since moved on with our own lives and have not tried to ruin the lives of others by dwelling on something that has no bearing on us whatsoever. It is those people who need to read articles like this and begin to open up their narrow minds to the possibility that they were far too quick to jump to conclusions that they had no genuine proof of.

The "bullying" controversy was 100% based on lies.

The part I made bold in your posting, is incorrect. Hwayoung was not a toxic influence on T-ara, even though she herself made a mistake regarding her contract. According to T-ara themselves, noted by Soyeon, still the group leader at the time, Hwayoung is like their sister, family, in a interview in Hong Kong.

I do agree with your latter in your post. Antis and spiteful 6-aras creating those lies and propagated them around the internet, even in this forum, in order to fulfill their idiotic, delusional, fear-mongering, paranoid, sick and twisted senses of reality to harm T-ara, Core Contents Media, and Kim Kwang Soo, for the dumbest reasons ever. At least most of the fans who became antis voiced very adamantly that they want Hwayoung back in T-ara as soon as possible. When Hwayoung rejoins T-ara, it will end this civil war once and for all.

Hwayoung can still rejoin T-ara, and she will be most welcomed back by the fans. ^_^

Same goes for Areum too. :D

That's a contradiction to post when previously posting earlier here that "the "bullying" controversy was 100% based on lies."

Hwayoung, as well as Areum, are very much welcome to return to T-ara, which will greatly make the group even way more stronger than ever, and many fans are waiting for this to happen. ^_^

The girls are so very humble now.

Instead of taking things for granted, they're thankful for every little thing nowadays, which makes it all the better to love them more.

I truly hope they do well with this mindset / attitude.

On a side note: "Ahhhhh~~~!!! I so wanna go to Eunjung Mama's cafe!!!"

Instead of asking them about their old wounds, I would strongly recommend reporters to ask more about their concepts and participation in making music, health status as such. I believe the fans want to know more about their participation in their music and they're staying healthy at the same time. Seeing Rambo's weight loss and Dino's injury is what's saddening right now.

I'm proud to be in love with these girls! <3 I wasn't a Queen's before the controversy, but now I am, and I feel so good with this! I really don't care about the past, I love them because I have fun when I'm listening their music! And their personality! Of course I knew about the controversy, but was ok, really don't care at all, I read all the negative comments and I was like: "Why they judge them? Maybe they did something wrong but is the past! Can we forget the past?"

Queen's, don't pay attention in all those negative comments, still support T-ara till the end! If we do this, I know that many people gonna start to like T-ara like me! :)

T-ara will definitely come back from this. Their recent album release told us a lot: they can and they will come back, as a group stronger than before, although there are 3 members that might not be with them anymore; Dani might be joining, but it might take some time.

Maybe T-ara will stand out soon, in an industry where most idols and idol groups are arrogant or at least take their popularity for granted. From their interviews to variety show appearances, it seem that T-ara is becoming more like a girl group, rather than an idol group. The difference is that a girl group is able to think for themselves of how to carry themselves, whereas an idol group is just out there for the popularity and doing what sells (sexy poses, jumping on the trend bandwagon etc).

I would say T-ara do have their unique flavour that helps them be different from any other girl groups. Of course they might not be the best in terms or album sales, popularity among global/local audiences etc. But I'm quite sure their fandom (us, Queen's) is probably one of the strongest out there, globally and locally. The fact that all of us 'grew' with them, accompanying them throughout the controversial and down periods of their idol journey, tells the public out there: we're one.

T-ara fighting! 티아라 파이팅!

Well, good thing they admit that they had some blame in their hands in the issue, rather than outright denying it (yea, go choke on your own words, CCM).

With just a couple years of their life as a group left, they better be careful not to drop the soap again like last year.

NO Hwayoung!!! T-ara is fine with 6-ara the original end of... Areum is going solo

Mate, I fear you've just stirred up the beehive :mellow:

That said, I don't disagree with what you said there though.

We're just paying it back T-ara~... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but your music is more than just notes.. It's something that we listen to, and suddenly make us feel better.. Your cheerful laughs makes us forget all our worries..

Out of all girl groups, T-ara was the last one that I expected to go through something like that~.. T-ara doesn't deserve that..

I felt so worried back then, 'cause I thought we were gonna lose our cheerful girls.. They were really breaking you apart... But you really made us so proud.. This is amazing... What you are doing is just so amazing... I knew you would do good, but I never expected it to be this good~.. ^^ What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? But T-ara is way more than 'strong' right now.. I think you'll be invulnerable..

We, QUEENS', will do our best for T-ara the way you are doing your best for us.. Don't you worry, 'cause I don't think 'fake T-ara fans' exists anymore.. hahaha.. Let's all do our best..

T-ara and QUEENS' can never be torn apart... FIGHTING..!!!!!

NO Hwayoung!!! T-ara is fine with 6-ara the original end of... Areum is going solo

That................... is just not right dude~.. I know we all love 6-ara.. and I know we are all happy that the girls are doing fine now.. But don't you speak of Hwa like that dude.. just don't............

I like Areum. I hope she does well in her solo career.

Clearly Core Content Media felt that T-ARA works best with their original six and the success of this comeback is a testament to that.

No changes need to be made. T-ARA's original members are what made/make them great. :)

This is CCM we're talking about. For all we know, they'll probably screw it up again in the future, given the long track record of serious blunders that pissed off many (whether fan, net or anti). For the meantime, I do hope it stays as 6-ara...but I dunno, knowing CCM, things can quickly turn south unpredictably.