Diadem Forums

[13.10.22] T-ara, a Tearful Interview. Instead of explaining, they are reflecting.

kkyc222

I am proud of them for learning and growing from this incident. They took responsibility for it and faced it head on. I don't understand a word they say in their musics (except for the occasional Engrish phrases of course lol) but I have never felt a stronger bond with a musician before. We've been through so much along with them! I will always be their fan and I hope they continue to release music for many more years!!!

That................... is just not right dude~.. I know we all love 6-ara.. and I know we are all happy that the girls are doing fine now.. But don't you speak of Hwa like that dude.. just don't............

He/She's entitled to his own opinion though (quite honestly, I wish us 6-ara fans are allowed to express it more without getting clobbered for it)....I'm just more afraid of the obvious response .___.

Kim Kwang Soo gets a lot of grief for his management style and a lot of it is well deserved, but recently in an interview Eunjung stated that he has backed off a bit from his overbearing style (I'm paraphrasing. Obviously Eunjung is far more diplomatic than I in this matter) partially because he's getting older and that firey disposition is starting to subside a bit.

So it's entirely possible that while T-ARA has learned and grown from their experience that Kim Kwang Soo might have as well. He acknowledges some of his faults, he reverted T-ARA back to the original 6 members and they are in the midst of a successful comeback so he's doing some things right. That would deserve some recognition.

^ I would be very skeptical of what Eunjung states in interviews when it comes down to KKS as the topic. It's not exactly uncommon for her, or pretty much anyone in the group, to praise or 'sympathize' with him in public - they've been doing that for quite some time actually, and the only time they ever got close to really criticizing/standing up against him was last year Feb when Soyeon openly stated how little sleep and overwhelming work the group gets and bluntly asked him on TV for a vacation, with Hyomin and Boram at her sides.

And I certainly would not qualify KKS getting 'old' as a valid reason. Being at the age of 52 as of now, he's far from it, especially his extensive track record of grossly poor management and shifting the blame on others over stuff he is responsible for. Having also been active in the showbiz for 30+ years, and with a lot of power in his hands (being also one of the chief figures of Mnet Media/CJ E&M), it's extremely doubtful he would let it off easy on the girls, or admit and be responsible for the hell he's put through not just on them but everyone else in CCM that got on the wrong side of him - not to mention the significant possibility that he also had not done his mandatory military service either (and the daunting fact that many big wigs in the K-showbiz have ties with organized crime).

Regardless of what he does as 'positive', it should not excuse the mistreatment he's put them through. Considering T-ara's been active for now 4.5 years, I wouldn't think the group would be so forgiving to him over a scandal, big or small. He's a power-hungry, ruthless and greedy *******, much like any major K-pop CEOs. It doesn't get any simpler than that. And people in power like him don't tend to admit or learn from their mistakes. They just find new ways to make more.

It also remains unknown exactly why T-ara was reverted to its original six as well. For all we know, he may have done so because Areum just did not feel like a good fit, or for the sake of improving T-ara's image to get more profit - something CCM at this time would want very, very much right now, seeing how T-ara's more recent albums in Japan hadn't really sold off very well - which may also indicate why they decided to take the gamble on a Korean comeback.

I like how they're trying to find the positive in all the negative. It's great, reading article comments that basically told them to disband and commit suicide, really hurt me as a fan. I am thankful that these girls didn't listen to the antis.

P.s I bet you a million bucks Qri didn't cry.

@CptFantasy

I'm not saying they're liars - all I'm saying is I find their words of 'praising' KKS to be very, very distrustful and suspicious. And adding in CCM's notorious record of making contradictory statements and blatant lies, it doesn't hurt to be suspicious of the girls' words in front of the TV as well.

For a group that's been around for 4.5 years and enduring a toxic work environment for that long, it doesn't make much sense (or any for the matter) for them to sound so sympathetic to him. Imagine if you were in the same position, having only 2-3 hours of sleep on nearly a daily basis, grueling schedules that last all day long, starvation diets and the like for that long. It takes a dictator to keep dissent resulting from that to be suppressed under the radar.

Everything we enjoy from them in front of our screens, they go through a lot themselves - many people however, fail to see that.

Guest rokwitu

T-ara have suffered SO MUCH PAINS and HATES as hell thanks to their stupid CEO and also stupid company, don't you think? I've watched every T-ara's single step since they were just a 5-member group till now. And honestly, I hate all things that CCM did to T-ara, T-ara were the nicest girl I've ever seen, NO time to sleep, NO nice clothes to wear, NO award... And above all, STUCK in really, really STUPID SCANDALS, based on many LIES AND LIARS...BUT I'M WAY TOO HAPPY NOW cause at least I see my brave girls STAND ON THEIR OWN FEET through thick and thin.. I don't regret to be a FAN who give them loves, supports, and FAITH.

This is sad to hear but relieved at the same time. They said everything from their heart and I feel their sincerity. Now it's our time to support them more and give love more than anybody else esp now. They've been through a lot yet here they are again standing strong for us, people who love them ;) I'm just so proud of them. Cheers to the fans like me who never left them when hard and bad times came :)

That picture of Boram and Jiyeon (oldest and youngest) is ooper super dooper cute ~

The controversy has indeed had a huge affect on T-aras popularity but i agree it was something they needed in order for them to realise that they need to take a good long look at themselves and fix anything that they felt needed fixing. Although they didn't seem to be lacking in any areas to us as their fans but they also need to be confident about themselves first (personality wise) because only then can they also be confident to stand in front of their fans. I just hope they will continue to look forward and stay strong as they are. Of course what happened cant be erased or forgotten but they just need to learn to not let it affect them. And for KKS to just leave the girls as they are and bloody hell give them some breaks. You'd think the controversy would let the girls have some decent amount of rest but NOOOO KKS needs money, so just let them have their comeback as scheduled and let the girls explain their own controversy (which isnt a bad idea as we can see, T-ara explains it way better than CCM could ever have).

Hyomin and Eunjung were the first to pick up tissues. Soyeon, although saying “I really don’t want to cry”, started to choke up as well. Jiyeon, who usually does not say much and has been misunderstood a lot, her tears also ruined her makeup.

This...This's make me cry. So sad.

Please keep fighting! You are the best!

Aigoo, enough already.
I respect that Hwayoung is your bias but Hwayoung's comeback is about as likely as Elvis'.

To inform, my bias is actually every member of T-ara, including former members, because I am a fan of T-ara ever since the beginning with "A Good Person", and support ever single one of them. :)

And I don't think Hwayoung's comeback is dead either. Both Hwayoung and Areum are able to rejoin T-ara, and many fans will welcome their return to the group, thus making T-ara a 9 member group once again. :)

Correction, the blame falls completely on the antis and spiteful 6-aras for inciting the incident in the first place with their made up lies and paranoid delusions with unrelenting and unreasonable hate against T-ara, Core Contents Media, and Kim Kwang Soo. Kim Kwang Soo and Core Contents Media had T-ara return to their homes while the civil war started to pick up more and more momentum. T-ara had the worse break/rest from work ever in their lives, no thanks to antis and hating 6-aras. Antis and hating 6-aras have stated before that they would like to T-ara to "disappear" and "leave" and end their careers so that they can live what they like to think is "normal" living. If T-ara wanted to live such "normal" lives, they won't have become part of the entertainment industry then. Stupid antis and hating 6-aras.

Oh here we go again. Do you really have to write an essay just to reply to a three line opinion? I think it’s time to stop with the whole delusional state of mind your in and realise that T-aras tweets started the whole controversy, they had conflicts within the group but instead of solving it within the group they took it to twitter and everyone saw what was happening and that’s how it all started. Yes they chose to be celebrities but they also knew that doing so would mean that their every move will be monitored by everyone, so really the twitter thing should never have happened in the first place, you cant blame people using their tweets to make assumptions about the situation when it was T-ara themselves who gave it to them.

Probably the only positive thing coming from antis is that most of them want Hwayoung back in the group, which would end this civil war once and for all when she is reunited with T-ara as a member again. Same goes for Areum returning to T-ara as well. Core Contents Media has given T-ara breaks before, but antis and hating 6-aras just kept on point out the group's fatigue and sleeplessness, and totally disregarded T-ara's breaks and vacations that they had before. During the T-ara N4 debut preparations, the members even showed their breaks to the fans. Did antis and spiteful 6-aras mention it? NO! These antis and spiteful 6-aras are the most scatterbrained, childish, moronic, idiots ever, and their foolish pride continues to spread their negative lies and twisted fantasies plagues T-ara, Core Contents Media, Kim Kwang Soo, and the entire fandom.

Breaks and Vacations? That 10 day break was the only decent one they were EVER going to receive since they debuted, they never had any other proper breaks like this before.

It’s funny that it is fixed in your head that when people complain about T-ara having no breaks it automatically makes them anti’s and haters. What part of saying that they are worried about T-ara’s health does it imply that they are haters? Not mentioning breaks that T-ara have had in the past is due to the fact that those were never proper breaks they aren’t long enough to be considered vacations, there is always something work related that they have to do when they are given those so called “breaks”.

And to point out, if the Hwayoung Incident did not happen, T-ara would've gotten longer vacation time, because Core Contents Media promised to the fandom that the members will get their vacations and breaks. It was again, no thanks to antis and spiteful 6-aras that T-ara had to work even more, to regain what they lost at that time. Also, back then, antis and hating 6-aras did not ever believe T-ara could make a sub unit of themselves, but they did, and the fandom could have a 6-ara group with still having Hwayoung and Areum. But did they consider this? NO! These antis and spiteful 6-aras are inhumane and have no compassion for redemption at all.

We can never know whether CCM was going to actually give them breaks and vacations, i mean they once said that T-ara were to going to paris and will be having a vacation. Yeah vacation my @ss, they ended up making the girls do a photoshoot, so that’s what i mean when i say that we can never know what breaks and vacations KKS would have given them, it seems to me like KKS has a different meaning of vacation to everyone else’s meaning. I don’t even know what the rest of what you wrote has to do with what i initially said.

Hwayoung and Areum can still rejoin T-ara, and many fans will wholeheartedly welcome them back, and T-ara returning to being a 9 member group once again. :)

I swear i don’t know how many more times your going to keep repeating this over and over again. Keep this in mind please and realise the seriousness of it all if Hwayoung rejoins T-ara- Ok now chances of Hwayoung rejoining is ZILT, ZERO, NADA why? Because like i mentioned on my reply in Dani’s profile (which seems to have been deleted) KKS specifically said that “Hwayoung can come back if she admits her faults” who in their right puny mind would come back after hearing something like this? Going back to T-ara would mean Hwayoung is admitting that the controversy was all her fault; it was her incompetence and self-centeredness that things blew out of proportion. Would you go back if this is what going back would imply?? I DON’T THINK SO ~ Now please stop with this whole Hwayoung can rejoin T-ara thing, Hwayoung also has pride and she wouldn’t go back if it means hurting that pride ~

To inform, my bias is actually every member of T-ara, including former members, because I am a fan of T-ara ever since the beginning with "A Good Person", and support ever single one of them. :)

And I don't think Hwayoung's comeback is dead either. Both Hwayoung and Areum are able to rejoin T-ara, and many fans will welcome their return to the group, thus making T-ara a 9 member group once again. :)

In my opinion you're kind of delusional. Sorry, it's just how I feel. Hwayoung's career was over the moment these articles about her being bullied came out. No CEO is going to want to invest in someone who was at the focal point of a scandal, and the more people bring it up, the worse it gets for her career. People are going to look at her sincerely and give her a nice smile, tell her that they'll be in contact and then just throw her to the back of their mind. Why? Because of the fans that said all of these rumors, it's too risky putting her in another group as again people will start shouting at her being bullied. Not to mention that a majority of the people hating on T-ara don't even care about Hwayoung so her gaining popularity as the "black sheep who was bullied" wouldn't even work. Her rap was unimpressive when she released it, I'm not hating on her, I'm speaking realistically. She doesn't possess the rap skills to go solo as a rapper, or even go underground. She's an idol level rapper, and will remain that way forever and she understands that, why do you think she's trying to get into acting so badly? Hwayoung is not going to be joining T-ara ever again, and I don't know how to feel about that, I never felt her contribution honestly speaking. Her best rap was Day by Day and that was short lived and not even that good to be completely honest. Areum is not joining T-ara ever again and CCM made that clear by highlighting that Areums skills far exceeded T-ara's as a whole and therefore, will be going solo. Whether or not I agree with that statement, or if it's even true at all and KKS is just pushing her off to the side and training her more is unknown.

I don't understand all the hate on KKS, to be completely serious. If it wasn't for him, there would be no T-ara today, not just because he gathered 6 of the most beautiful women in Korea to form a group but because he stuck through their scandal. Any other company would have just taken the netizens advice and put them on a permanent break for them to "Reflect" however, KKS didn't do that, he instead continued promoting them, as if it was a "F*** you" to netizens, and they felt it hard core. KKS was a mess when the scandal first came out, that much is true, but at least he pushed on with them and didn't just completely disband the group. And lets not be delusional, he has the power to do that anytime he pleases and we can be sure that some of these girls will never be seen again, just because they were associated with another company and the company in question could blackball them from joining another company. People shouldn't be angry at KKS, although he did mismanage the girls, he at least didn't do bad by them by cutting their popularity prematurely. T-ara doesn't have nearly the prestige or fans it did Lovey Dovey era, but they're still a force to be reckoned with thanks to the tank that is KKS for standing by them. I sincerely hope everyone reflects on themselves and realize that no one is truly at fault here. This was just blown out of proportion due to misinterpretation. That's my two cents, and if you don't like it, I'm sorry.

I learn a lot from T-ARA. How to raise again and again from the fall. T-ARA finish this controversion with strong attitude. And I'm proud I'm a part of queens who still support them no matter what they face. I believe T-ARA's future will be more brighter.

QUEENS FIGHTIING!

T-ARA HWAITIIIING!!!!

So sad, as if all the negative news and constant reminders of the T-ara's incident are not enough, we are now creating one for the fans here. It is fast becoming no longer fun to follow some of the news and thoughts of the fans especially when I hear of the constant cynicism and condemnation that is going around in some of the posts.

I tend to agree with Qrieen's thoughts. Why all these hate for CCM and especially for KKS? Lets not forget that CCM has brought T-ara to great heights in the world of Kpop. Instead of focusing on certain events or issues as a basis for the vilification of CCM we should be grateful and cannot deny that T-ara's success owes much to the management of CCM. Remember that T-ara are not singer-songwriters. They don't come up with their own songs, concepts or even in the way they dress. So while most of us are quick to praise and like their music and concept, don't forget it is a collective effort within CCM to come up with the concepts, themes and imagery behind the music. Hardwork and long hours are not exclusive only to T-ara. All kpop groups go through the same thing. Through hard work and commitment success will usually follow not only for CCM but also for T-ara. Don't forget that commercial aspects plays a large part in the kpop industry as it is with other industries. At the end of the day it is all about how much money can be generated from these music groups. The more money a group can generate the more resources can be put back into that group to promote the group and its activities. And it is not only that the company benefits from it, the individual members also benefit by being more recognisable in the entertainment world which would lead to further jobs or roles that they are able to take on such as modeling or acting jobs. It not only about making music for fans to listen and have fun. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Music executives expect fans to support their favourite groups by buying their albums and going for their concerts as a return on their investment. So we must be fair and not just say that these music executives are just plain greedy. The truth is that we do not know enough about what is going on in terms of future plans and direction of the T-ara as a whole to say such things

As some of the posts have pointed out, T-ara have been around for around 4.5years. To be around for that long in an industry that favours youth, beauty and popularity is not easy, as such lets be a bit grateful to CCM for keeping T-ara around for that long with amazing songs to match. So even if we don't agree with CCM's decision on certain issues, lets not make an issue out of it. In light of the negativity that is surrounding T-ara at the moment lets all band together to really go back to the whole original concept of T-ara's music of being fun and enjoyable without more 'controversial issues' within T-ara as whole coming up. I hope that my message will be taken in a positive light. If we support and enjoy T-ara then we must be able to accept T-ara as whole, this includes CCM and whatever new members that come along, because lets face it, no matter how much we criticise CCM and its decisions we cannot change it. In fact what will result is that such comments and arguments will turn fans off. Most fans are here to enjoy reading new developments with regards to T-ara and will definitely be put off if there is a growing set of issues that seem to put the whole T-ara image in a bad light.

Lets not be so divisive and just accept T-ara as they are and enjoy their music because divisiveness was what caused T-ara to be in this predicament in the first place. I love T-ara a lot and don't really want to see T-ara contantly being associated with negative issues.

T-ara fighting...please be strong...
Keep making comeback...i will always support you

I liked hwayoung and areum.
But theyre not part of the group anymore.
what i care about is T-ara.
I dont feel like mentioning a name from the past that could only bring up sorrow to the girls.
T-ara fighting! This too will past. Get back your crown! <3