Diadem Forums

[13.10.23] T-ara to recreate Sand Pebbles' song "What Do I Do" for December comeback

nathaniel

[13.10.23] T-ara to recreate Sand Pebbles' song "What Do I Do" for December comeback

201310231044519610_1.jpg

Retro queens T-ara will return!

T-ara will do their reinterpretation of Sand Pebbles song "What Do I Do" that first became popular through college music festivals in 1977.

T-ara will sample Sand Pebbles song "What Do I Do" to recreate and update it with composer Shinsadong Tiger for a brand new 2013 version. The arrangement will be trendy for young adults but will also bring back memories for the older population. It will be a pop dance song with a traditional melody.

T-ara created a retro craze with "Roly-Poly" and want to recreate that craze again in 2013 with "What Do I Do". They want to be able to bring back happy memories of the past once again.

T-ara's jacket image for "2013 What Do I Do" was released today and it features a cassette tape.

T-ara will release "What Do I Do" on December 2nd.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20131023n12294

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Love 'old'/retro T-ara concept. Really looking forward to this! Actually looking forward to any future comebacks, new concepts etc!

Although I'm not familiar with Korea's music history (I believe many of us don't know much about it either), but the fact that T-ara wants to bring the 'old' flavours of the music industry, seems like T-ara want to infuse traditional music elements into contemporary music, which is actually quite unique in the industry (I guess?). This might actually be as successful as Roly Poly!!! <3

Wow I'm so excited!!! More of T-ara!!! Yay!!! :):):)

T-ara = simply going stronger and stronger!!!

I think it's nice that they take advantage of the success they are having now and follow it up with another promotion instead of letting it subside. Show them all what you've got! Slay it! Push and push! (But please take care of your health and bodies, please eat and rest well, get more sleep, and don't get injured!)

Looking back and counting the blessings, they are so much active this year than I expected, with so many song releases (Bunny Style, Countryside Diaries, Like A Wind, Painkiller, Target/Treasure Box album, Bikini, Number 9, What Do I Do)... What year! Considering the scandal last year and all the hate still going on, it's just so overwhelming and inspiring to see them fight on. I'm so happy and proud of them for them!

While there will be so much competition in December... I am still optimistic that they can still do well.

Looking forward to hearing this song. I heard the original/cover in Youtube and it sounds promising enough to be converted to a modern/T-ara song. With the CCM-Shinsadong Tiger partnership, I do hope the music quality will be consistent or even surpass our expectations. Crossing my fingers that it will be a hit, and hopefully, top the charts.

T-ara Fighting!!! :):):)

It's a typical move on CCM's part of their promotional cycle - release something during autumn, and back it up with another in winter. Nothing surprising, though the most concerning issue is that the girls will not be having an easy time here. 2-3 hours of sleep on a daily basis is a sh!tty condition alone to work in.

I hope they are not overworked; they seem to be quite busy as of late.

Sadly, chances are very likely (if not absolutely) they are overworked. It's always been like this.

Queen of retro is back!! haha

Im looking forward to it. T ara is known for their fusion of modern and traditional song,

maybe we will get to hear some sound traditional instruments also in this song? :)

December will be a great month! ^_^<3

I'm awaiting for my Qrieen to slay this song with her daebak vocals. I hope this song becomes huge so that those netizens and fake fans who switched sides purse their lips and once again buy T-ara songs out of their guilty pleasure addiction to them. T-ara is the band you wish you could hate, but can only love. I love them and I literally cannot control myself until December. I thought it was a long wait back in September when they told us they were coming back in October. Cry.

oh CCM why am i not surprised? Your hunger for money while paying no attention to the girls health is really exasperating !

But in saying that, T-ara does do justice to remade songs. I liked how they remade Bingeul Bingeul after listening to the original, which was good as well but the remake was more lively and enjoyable. But still couldn't CCM have waited for next year to release that?

Looking forward to this! Another retro song.

But I'm just not too happy about the jacket image. It's basically the same as Pink Tape by f(x). They should have done something a little different to the tape or the way the picture was taken.

Besides that, yay for new release!!!

Here is an example of the Sand Pebbles sound. They're pretty slick.
T-ARA 's composers re-imagining this sound with the girls performing it makes me very excited!

Here is what we can look forward to. :)

Looking forward to this! Another retro song.
But I'm just not too happy about the jacket image. It's basically the same as Pink Tape by f(x). They should have done something a little different to the tape or the way the picture was taken.
Besides that, yay for new release!!!

That might just be a teaser image but even if that were the album packaging, it's not a big deal to me because I don't spend much time looking at the album art comparative to listening to the tracks. ;)