Diadem Forums

[13.12.16] Latest Update - Korean Wave Indonesia: T-ara #1 Kpop Girl Band & Number 9 Kpop Song of the Year

xbot

[13.12.16] Latest Update - Korean Wave Indonesia: T-ara #1 Kpop Girl Band

& Number 9 Kpop Song of the Year

After 45 days and 36.5 million votes (That's almost the size of South Korea give or take a few million) T-ara won Top Girl Band & Song of the Year awards at the 2013 Korean Updates Awards Hosted by Korean Wave Indonesia:

It's not as big as China but Indonesia is the 4th largest population in the world. There are millions of Queen's in Indonesia you know & I heard T-ara is also #1 in other countries, if only Gaon charts count in iTunes sales...

Source: http://koreanupdates.com/2013/12/15/2013-koreanupdates-awards-results

http://news.nate.com/view/20131216n36077

Great job fellow Indonesian Queens, someday we'll get the girls to come to our country for sure. :lol: But, 36.5 mil votes, seriously? Even Mwave only about 70k. :blink: I hope the girls read about this though, it's such a great news! Now, imagine if all Indonesian Queens buy their albums, (not just you know *cough) I bet they would be so happy. ^__^

Wow, it's nice to know.

And yes I second heraldc's wish... if only those 3.6mil translated into revenues :P

if only Gaon charts count in iTunes sales...

What does it mean? Indonesian fans bought their stuff on iTunes?

Even if, let's say, the majority of those 3.6mil voters didn't buy T-ara's albums or digital songs, I bet big chunk of them could be very good audience for a solo concert. I heard SM artists love having shows there, too.

Wow, it's nice to know.

And yes I second heraldc's wish... if only those 3.6mil translated into revenues :P

What does it mean? Indonesian fans bought their stuff on iTunes?

Even if, let's say, the majority of those 3.6mil voters didn't buy T-ara's albums or digital songs, I bet big chunk of them could be very good audience for a solo concert. I heard SM artists love having shows there, too.

I could be wrong but I think most Int'l Queen's who don't know hangul get their legal digital downloads from iTunes, especially since its only about $3-5 per album. That's how many thousand to be counted on Gaon? Yes other groups have int'l fans also, but just check the view counts for live perfs in youtube. T-ara int'l fans are at least in the top 5.

Yes those who buy Kpop usually get it from iTunes for digital downloads & yesasia for physical albums, we also have local franchise of melon & langitmusik and other sites but those aren't really not up to date on Kpop. Which is why I'm really miffed that T-ara songs in iTunes Japan can't be bought from here.

Would've love if T-ara visited here.. SNSD, Superjunior and the whole SM Town, 2PM, Wonder Girls, Lee Seunggi, Rain, Music Bank, etc.. even Girl's Day been to Indonesia. And almost all kpop concerts here gets sold out in just a short time.

And don't forget that Eunjeung got married here once :P (btw that was Lombok Island, our capital in Jakarta looks totally different)