Diadem Forums

[14.01.10] Latest Info - T-ara rank 7th for most #1 songs in the past decade

nathaniel

[14.01.10] Latest Info - T-ara rank 7th for most #1 songs in the past decade

2014010716572264793_1_59_20140109161107.

T-ara rank 7th for the most #1 hit songs on digital music charts in the past decade (despite debuting 4 1/2 years ago). In the past "decade" they have had 13 #1 hit songs. It's determined from MelOn's music chart from 2004 - December 2013 and includes downloads/streams for each song.

#1 is SG Wannabe with 24 songs

#2 is Big bang with 22 songs

#3 is Davichi with 18 songs

#4 is 2NE1 with 16 songs

#5 with 15 songs is a tie between MC Mong, Busker Busker, Lee Seunggi, Brown Eyed Girls and SeeYa

#6 with 14 songs is BUZZ

#7 with 13 songs is T-ara

#8 with 12 songs is Baek Jiyoung

#9 with 11 songs is a tie between Girls' Generation, Kim Jonggook, Huh Gak and IU

#10 with 10 songs is a tie between Gummy, K. Will, KCM, G-Dragon and Lee Hyori

For reference: T-ara is ranked the second highest for #1 songs out of those who had the latest debut date - Busker Busker is first.

SG Wannabe (#1), Davichi (#3), SeeYa (#5), T-ara (#7), Kim Jonggook (#9) are/were all in CCM.

Source: http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=108&aid=0002273340

Credit: Nathaniel @ Diadem

How is #1s being determined? Is it per instance of reaching #1 in a given timeframe? And which sites has ranked them?

Also which T-ara songs are included? I suspect it wouldbe BPBP, RP, and LD. But just to confirm which songs actually got to the top.

PS: to be fair, CCM does release consistently good songs for their artists. I guess it is a safe bet even for those who don't listen to Kpop in general to sample songs from T-ara's labelmates (or ex labelmates) - at least with those stated above. :)

How is #1s being determined? Is it per instance of reaching #1 in a given timeframe? And which sites has ranked them?

Also which T-ara songs are included? I suspect it wouldbe BPBP, RP, and LD. But just to confirm which songs actually got to the top.

PS: to be fair, CCM does release consistently good songs for their artists. I guess it is a safe bet even for those who don't listen to Kpop in general to sample songs from T-ara's labelmates (or ex labelmates) - at least with those stated above. :)

the article didnt clarify it but it does say it is from melons digital chart (melon is the first digital music download provider in korea) and includes downloading and streaming.

it doesnt say which are included but i guess it would have to be most of their singles LOL

1. For reference: T-ara is ranked the second highest for #1 songs out of those who had the latest debut date - Busker Busker is first.

- I thought T-ara would be 3rd in that sense. 2NE1 was formed in 2009, so belong to the same age group as T-ara. Unless different calculation is used.

2. That Kim Jonggook.

- The only Kim Jonggook who would have that many hit songs I know is the Running Man' KJK. When was he a CCM artist?

To be honest, it's quite surprising to T-ara rank higher that SNSD. Wish the reporter had listed the hit songs.

FYI, this is the rank how many "Annual TOP 100 songs (Melon called it hit songs)" every singers have based on Melon Year-ending chart for past 10 years. It is not the number of "No.1" song.

2. That Kim Jonggook.

- The only Kim Jonggook who would have that many hit songs I know is the Running Man' KJK. When was he a CCM artist?

Mnet Media to be specific. Before the creation of CCM, all artists were under said company. KKS was the CEO then as well.