Diadem Forums

[14.01.28] T-ara to release 9th Japanese single, Double A-side 'Lead The Way' and 'LA

craZy

[14.01.28] T-ara to release 9th Japanese single, Double A-side 'Lead The Way' and 'LA’booN' on March 5th + Tracklist

On March 5th, T-ara will be releasing their 9th Japanese single, double a-side Lead The Way and LA'booN. Both original works by Japanese composers.

Lead The Way is a medium tempo ballad song, depicting the story of a secret love with the members playing the protagonist in each of their own versions of the music video.

In contrast, LA'booN is an addictive hook song following an 'Arabian Nights' concept with an exotic sound. It is a dance tune with lyrics that tell of a fantasy story, of a girl who falls in love and receives 3 wishes to cast a spell of love.

Lead The Way and LA'booN will be released in 3 Limited Edition versions, including 6 special version of each member!

Tracklist:

First Press Limited Edition A - 1,890 yen
Special Jacket
Random Trading Card
CD
1. Lead The Way
2. LA'booN
DVD
Lead The Way Music Video
Lead The Way Music Video Making
First Press Limited Edition B
(6 versions: Eunjung, Jiyeon, Soyeon, Boram, Qri & Hyomin) - 1,680 yen
Special Jacket
Special Label
Random Trading Card
CD
1. Lead The Way
2. LA'booN
DVD
Lead The Way Music Video Member Solo ver.
(of whichever member ver. bought e.g: Eunjung ver. will have the Eunjung ver. MV.)
First Press Limited Edition B Box - 8,400 yen
Special Case
Photobook 16P
Random Trading Card
CD
1. Lead The Way
2. LA'booN
DVD
Lead The Way Music Video Eunjung ver.
Lead The Way Music Video Jiyeon ver.
Lead The Way Music Video Soyeon ver.
Lead The Way Music Video Boram ver.
Lead The Way Music Video Qri ver.
Lead The Way Music Video Hyomin ver.
Regular Edition - 1,260 yen
Normal Case
Random Trading Card
CD
1. Lead The Way
2. LA'booN
Translated by: craZy @ Diadem

LA'booN > Laboon? I guess someone in CCM is a diehard One Piece fan (just look at the Target album covers) :P

Anyway this would be CCM-Japan's first project right? I hope we will get more great songs (Bunny Style, Target & Kazen No Youni ~ I really love the J-originals) but with much better marketing strategy.

PS: No more animated MVs please!

LA'booN > Laboon? I guess someone in CCM is a diehard One Piece fan (just look at the Target album covers) :P

Anyway this would be CCM-Japan's first project right? I hope we will get more great songs (Bunny Style, Target & Kazen No Youni ~ I really love the J-originals) but with much better marketing strategy.

PS: No more animated MVs please!

Their contract with J-Rock will end in April so I believe this is still under them.

I hope they fully promote the singles this time smh. It's no surprise that Bunny Style and Target flopped when they basically did no promo.

Bunny Style didn't flop. They rank 2nd in The best selling J-pop Singles of 2013 on Yesasia. Of course if we take into account the fact that Bunny Style has 10 versions and the sale figure is the total of 10 versions, then it's still a flop. But they did heavily promote it. They went around Japan, filming T-ara Mainichi, having showcases to promote it for almost a month.

And Target was really a big flop. I hope they do better this time.

Thank you so much for posting the details of the single! I will definitely be purchasing the Limited Edition B Box as it has all of the solo versions of the "Lead The Way" music videos! However, I am confused that it is considered a double a-side single without the inclusion of a music video for "LA'booN." Usually promotion for an a-side single is through a music video. The only thing I can think of at this time is that there will be a music video for LA'booN but it wont be physically released on this single. I guess we'll have to see though.

Bunny Style didn't flop. They rank 2nd in The best selling J-pop Singles of 2013 on Yesasia. Of course if we take into account the fact that Bunny Style has 10 versions and the sale figure is the total of 10 versions, then it's still a flop. But they did heavily promote it. They went around Japan, filming T-ara Mainichi, having showcases to promote it for almost a month.

And Target was really a big flop. I hope they do better this time.

Agree.. Bunny Style was also #2 in Oricon & #3 on Billboard Japan Top 100 plus sold more than 70,000 if I'm not mistaken... that is what a multi-city promo tour will do to you, I believe..(would've been bigger if they got into the national music shows)

And despite no promo Target didn't sell well because outside of diehard Queens' & Sweet Treasures who in their right mind would buy the Target single CD in July 2013 when you can get the Treasure Box Album (with Target & Bunny Style in it) for just a few yens more in August 2013... THAT IS STUPID MARKETING and yet Target still got to #9 in Oricon.

PS: Treasure Box got #1 in Oricon as some of you might remember..

Can't wait for this! T-ara works way too hard sometimes though :unsure: I'd gladly give up their wonderful music if they could just take a vacation for a while (okay, maybe not gladly, but their health is still more important!)

Also, is there another way to buy it without going to that website (but still being legit)? The sight is mostly in Japanese, and I'm unfortunately not skilled in Japanese (even the translate thingy doesn't fully work) so it's very confusing. Although maybe I'm just an idiot :wacko:

Like a true fan I love Target and Bunny Style!! The Japanese songs definitely have a different feel, but the girls shift to that mood so effortlessly and so effectively! I would love to see them experiment with other nationality sounds because I know they would be great (do I sound really biased right now?). Japan has proven they love T-ara and I appreciate them giving the girls another outlet for even more amazing music.

I hope they fully promote the singles this time smh. It's no surprise that Bunny Style and Target flopped when they basically did no promo.

It's not there fault. Japan isn't really letting Korean artists promote on TV any more. The only people who can are KARA, TVXQ, and sometimes SNSD, but in general they won't let K-pop artists promote except in hallyu magazines and programs

I'm surprised by the amount of popularity T-ARA got without super crazy promotions they do when they're promoting in Korea. I also heard Japanese music shows don't really let k-pop idols perform.

But I'm super excited to listen to their new songs!!! I super super super loved Bunny Style & Target!!! I swear, I have listened to those songs like a billion times... XD It seems like they were released in 2012 instead of 2013 for some reason...