Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Tough but Right ?!

jawadbest

Hello everyone.

We all know and agree that CCM couldn’t handle the situation right when that issue came out. They made a lot of wrong decisions back then.

However, there was one good, yet hard and strict, decision they took. That decision was to continue promotions with Sexy Love and other activities as if nothing happened.

That decision had a big impact not only on T-ara but on the entire company!

Let’s imagine together what would happen if CCM canceled the Sexy Love comeback and all other activities at the time.

In my opinion, T-ara may not be able to go back to Japan, no one would want to make a contract with them because of the rumors. That means CCM would lose one of their biggest income sources.

Also, they would try to hold showcases and concerts overseas. But any sponsors would check their background before making a contract with them and would find they cancelled their activities because of a scandal. They wouldn’t think to contract them after that and that means another source of income is gone.

During that time, Davichi, CCM’s 2nd biggest income source, wanted to leave to another company instead of renewing their contract with CCM. Suddenly, they changed their mind. I think CCM gave them a better offer.

With no source of income, would CCM be able to survive? Would SPEED, F-ve Dolls and The Seeya be able to debut? What would happen to all the trainees like Dani and Shannon?

When CCM decided to push T-ara hard to their limit, having them perform in front of their audience whom carried many misunderstandings, that was the only GOOD decision they made.

Because of that tough choice, T-ara are able to comeback today in Korea and not only that, SPEED, F-ve Dolls, The Seeya and Shannon could shine. CCM also came back to life and hundreds of employees’ jobs were saved because of that decision.

If CCM preferred to hide T-ara during that time, it’s more than likely CCM’s doors would be closed by now.

At the end, all I can say is CCM owes T-ara A LOT.

At the end In my opinion, any artist has 3 basic things

" the art he/she provides , the reputation he/she have and the fans who support "

I very much agree they did the right thing with Sexy Love, but I very much disagree with the rest.

The one thing the scandal showed was how Japan and other overseas countries pretty much did not care about the scandal. If T-ara did not come back with Sexy Love, they would’ve been more than able to continue on in Japan with Bunny Style (they already had a contract so I’m not sure what you mean by no one wanting to sign a contract with them?) Following Bunny Style (which I think was a great Japan era for the girls), Hyomin’s movie, Princess T-ara, 2nd Japanese album and Budokan.

Same goes for the concerts/showcases they had overseas. The driving force for their popularity in other Asian countries is their fans and as we know, they didn’t care at all. If there’s a good demand amongst fans, sponsors will notice.

In regards to CCM, they definitely would’ve been able to survive (they banked pretty well anyways before the scandal even happened). While Sexy Love still managed to do well, it wasn’t even a major money maker. Speed, F-ve Dolls, The SeeYa, they would’ve been able to continue without problem. They still had Davichi which kept them in a safe spot (had they left though, then things possibly could've become bleak.)

CCM were in a tough spot but they weren’t on the brink of shutting down or anything like that, at all. Just took a very bad hit to their rep.

For T-ara’s sake, to hide may have done them harm. As if taking guilt and running away. Plus in this industry, unless you’re a major name, it’s vital to make appropriately timed comebacks when you’re on the rise (by this I mean their post Roly Poly rise, not… scandal rise lol) or the interest will start to fade.

Anyhow, in conclusion, my opinion is if they did not comeback with Sexy Love or take on other activities, it would’ve done them harm in Korea, not overseas. CCM, would still be standing.

I used to be harsher on CCM, but there's no manual for running an entertainment business and fandom is fickle during the best of times but if you're going to harp on CCM's missteps, you need to look at what they've done right too.

Bunny Style was big in Japan, Treasure Box topped the Oricon charts. Number Nine was nominated for #1 @ Inkigayo, "Do You Know Me?" was very successful, and 2014 is off to a strong start for T-ARA with their new Japanese releases, a new Korean single being released tomorrow, Hyomin's Jinx!!! premiere, Boram's successful Lost Garden musical run and more activities to come. The Number Nine comeback was big. It was their first comeback as a group after a year and their return was very well received.

In interviews, Eunjung said they wanted to speak out about the controversy right after it happened but CCM wouldn't let them. In my opinion, that was the best thing to do because I don't think people would have listened and quotes would have been taken out of context. If one of the girls said something ambiguous, it would've been perceived in the worst possible way. There was nothing they could have said that would have made things all better and saying the wrong thing would've been catastrophic.

Eunjung said they decided they wanted to prove themselves with actions which feels like the right thing to do in hindsight and their next action was to release a new single. Getting back to what they do best was a sound move.

However that's been a year and a half now. CMM and T-ARA have long since moved on and their relationship has improved.

CCM is a family, they all support each other and they are successful as a result.

I very much agree they did the right thing with Sexy Love, but I very much disagree with the rest.
The one thing the scandal showed was how Japan and other overseas countries pretty much did not care about the scandal. If T-ara did not come back with Sexy Love, they would’ve been more than able to continue on in Japan with Bunny Style (they already had a contract so I’m not sure what you mean by no one wanting to sign a contract with them?) Following Bunny Style (which I think was a great Japan era for the girls), Hyomin’s movie, Princess T-ara, 2nd Japanese album and Budokan.
Same goes for the concerts/showcases they had overseas. The driving force for their popularity in other Asian countries is their fans and as we know, they didn’t care at all. If there’s a good demand amongst fans, sponsors will notice.
In regards to CCM, they definitely would’ve been able to survive (they banked pretty well anyways before the scandal even happened). While Sexy Love still managed to do well, it wasn’t even a major money maker. Speed, F-ve Dolls, The SeeYa, they would’ve been able to continue without problem. They still had Davichi which kept them in a safe spot (had they left though, then things possibly could've become bleak.)
CCM were in a tough spot but they weren’t on the brink of shutting down or anything like that, at all. Just took a very bad hit to their rep.
For T-ara’s sake, to hide may have done them harm. As if taking guilt and running away. Plus in this industry, unless you’re a major name, it’s vital to make appropriately timed comebacks when you’re on the rise (by this I mean their post Roly Poly rise, not… scandal rise lol) or the interest will start to fade.
Anyhow, in conclusion, my opinion is if they did not comeback with Sexy Love or take on other activities, it would’ve done them harm in Korea, not overseas. CCM, would still be standing.

Well, it was so easy for the Japanese agency to terminate the contract before recording any song . If ccm canceled all the activities at that time . Just like what happened with eunjung and 5 fingers drama.

That is true ccm banked a lot of much money . But saving money is not everything . They need to make that money work to get something in return ! Davichi were really leaving CCM but I guess because there was someone collecting money from Japan -T-ara - CCM could give Davichi good offer to back to them .

no matter how much money CCM banked , they need to use that money and of course using it on SPEED or F-ve Dolls at that time would be useless because they're not compared to T-ara and Davichi .

If CCM invented a time machine I'm sure they'd go back to 2012 and fix some things but I don't understand what bringing this up in 2014 is supposed to accomplish. T-ARA and CCM have long since moved past that debacle and had a lot of success.

Yeah, but if they fix it. Maybe theres no a big comeback after 1 year hiatus, and maybe theres no No.9 and maybe they will comeback in a different way. Because the scandal they become more popular in overseas. I like how CCM manage their own groups but sometimes I really don't know the way they thinking.

Well, it was so easy for the Japanese agency to terminate the contract before recording any song . If ccm canceled all the activities at that time . Just like what happened with eunjung and 5 fingers drama.

Indeed however I personally doubt they really would've have. They had done well for their company, they had no real reason to drop them. The public in Japan probably didn't even hear about the scandal and would hardly bat an eyelash if they did. Generally speaking, Japan has never cared what happens in Korea. There were few articles/news on T-ara about the scandal in Japan which were quick to be forgotten and buried the next day. They only ones who were paying close attention were their own fans.

That is true ccm banked a lot of much money . But saving money is not everything . They need to make that money work to get something in return ! Davichi were really leaving CCM but I guess because there was someone collecting money from Japan -T-ara - CCM could give Davichi good offer to back to them .

no matter how much money CCM banked , they need to use that money and of course using it on SPEED or F-ve Dolls at that time would be useless because they're not compared to T-ara and Davichi .

Well of course, as such they made use of that money on Davichi and Speed. Davichi returned to CCM before T-ara released Sexy Love in Japan, so there wasn't any major profit earning activity going on. To comment on Davichi's contract would be too difficult anyways as we don't even know the nature of their return/leave. They pulled in a lot of money so I personally don't feel money was an issue (more like management but we'll never know.)

I don't understanding how using the money on Speed would be useless. Why debut them then? They still don't compare to T-ara, so should they not even have them make a comeback? Why should CCM or any company for that matter debut a group if they already have one or two successful acts? They're an entertainment company, they don't focus on product. Speed in the end managed a successful debut.

I also think they made a brave and maybe RIGHT decision not going under a hiatus.

When we think back, it have created an even bigger DIFFERENCE between T-ara and other artists who also have scandals...Money maybe was a problem that time too, do you remember T-ara was sued and had to pay a big deal of money for breaking a commercial contract? CCM has never been that big, i think that amount of money was quite a problem to them.

plus, i think since the scandal happened, their staff, many staff, may have left the company...that's why CCM tried to keep promoting and made their name shown, to show that 'oh this company, not as big as SM or as good as YG, but look at how they are trying their best...'. Maybe not everyone will think of it as a good idea...but still, under the eyes of the people who is looking for a company to contribute their best to, the way CCM makes progress is better than just stand there doing nothing. some people may appreciate that, and CCM could recruit more workers for future works that way. not just workers, they may gain support from people in the industry as well, like PDs, broadcasters, other artists too.

P.S: personally i think T-ara products recently are kinda mainstream...have nearly lost its own old uniqueness, which used to be chosen carefully and pulled off confidently...(doesn't mean i'm losting my interest in them, they gained a bigger thing from me, 'respect'), but still, i miss igcboy, rolypoly cry cry, dbd eras...

I don't understanding how using the money on Speed would be useless. Why debut them then? They still don't compare to T-ara, so should they not even have them make a comeback? Why should CCM or any company for that matter debut a group if they already have one or two successful acts? They're an entertainment company, they don't focus on product. Speed in the end managed a successful debut.

At that time SPEED was not good enough to be source of money because they still rookie. Ccm was still need to spend money on SPEED to get something in return in future that's why I said you can't compare the return that comes from T-ara with SPEED because CCM still building SPEED to be another source of money

i agree 100%, you are right, ccm did the right thing. even if we hated at the the beginning but it was the right decision. honestly , t-ara is more than kpop girl group for me because they aren't just make music, they inspire people to be more strong and positive. thank u Jawad, best of luck bro!!

We all know and agree that CCM couldn’t handle the situation right when that issue came out. They made a lot of wrong decisions back then.

CCM's been making quite a few bad decisions as early as last year - namely sending N4 to that embarrassment known as Chris Brown in the US among others, attempting to control what journalists were to write in their articles as well as threatening Sports Seoul's articles for not being 'Pro T-ara' enough by sending its own people to their editorial offices. The latter is something only you'd see from mobs in Korea or the military dictatorships in the past.

The thought of the group being run by a company that makes such disastrous decisions that even makes other companies look really well-run and resorting to actions like that is rather unsettling.

However, there was one good, yet hard and strict, decisionarrow-10x10.png they took. That decision was to continuearrow-10x10.png promotions with Sexy Love and other activities as if nothing happened.

There was another alternative that a lot of people wanted back at those heatful days, which would have had at least a decent solid shot in working out well in the long term - namely, T-ara to come out on their own and describe what actually transpired without CCM slandering Hwayoung and making a big mess of a PR disaster out of everything (which is exactly what made T-ara a heavily disliked group) .

Unfortunately, this did not happen well until last year when N4 finally said it at their guest appearance at the Beatles Code talk show and before that, it was constantly PR disaster after PR disaster that took a big toll on their image which could have been saved much earlier had there been actual common sense taken in CCM.

That's what CCM should have done back then if it wanted the group to be more successful than it is today (financially speaking, looking at their sales compared to the pre-scandal days). It doesn't excuse them one bit at all when other (if not better) options were available back then, but for whatever reason, CCM thought it'd be better to use similar tactics used against Nam Gyuri in 2009.

n my opinion, T-ara may not be able to go back to Japan, no one would want to make a contract with them because of the rumors. That means CCM would lose one of their biggest incomearrow-10x10.png sources.

Japan wasn't really much concerned with what was going on in Korea, as craZy has noted. There's a reason why T-ara promoted in Japan extensively after the SL's sales weren't exactly great and during 3/4s of 2013.

But even then however, T-ara's sales in Japan haven't been exactly big, though that goes for K-pop groups promoting in Japan overall.

With no source of income, would CCM be able to survive? Would SPEED, F-ve Dolls and The Seeya be able to debut? What would happen to all the trainees like Dani and Shannon?

When CCM decided to push T-ara hard to their limit, having them perform in front of their audience whom carried many misunderstandings, that was the only GOOD decision they made.

Because of that tough choice, T-ara are able to comeback today in Korea and not only that, SPEED, F-ve Dolls, The Seeya and Shannon could shine. CCM also came back to life and hundreds of employees’ jobs were saved because of that decision.

The SeeYa, F-Dolls and SPEED's popularity is very negligent as well, so they haven't exactly 'shined' in any spectacular way, whether if T-ara's been popular, unpopular or left the company. F-Dolls and SPEED in particular were horribly from their early days (and Co-Ed School before that), as with Gangkiz.

They are groups that are still very much in the low-tier ranks among idols groups in general. There's no disputing that and nothing what T-ara does or did can change it. CCM tried it before, but it didn't work.

For all its actions in the past, is one of those rotten and shady companies in the showbiz but there's little chance it would have been absolutely driven into bankruptcy. Not when it's run by Mnet Media/CJ E&M, which in turn is a subsidiary of CJ Group, one of the chaebols/conglomerates in Korea. There wouldn't have been any harm however, in completely changing its executive staff (including those influencing them) that caused a lot of screwups for T-ara for quite a long, long time and putting more competent folks in place.

I've read through it all and decided to ignored most of it. I respect your opinion on the "what-if" situation, but can't say that I agree to them or anything. I don't like to speculate what would have happened "if some other actions was made" etc. because the what if situation never account the possibility that an alternative route within that what-if could have happened.

I can't even agree on the comeback of SL. It's simply a haste consider there was only 2 months between DBD and SL, even worse 1 month between the scandal and SL. Had CCM handled the scandal better like Scatter_88mil mentioned, the comeback would have been reasonable. At least then there would be a good chance that a portion of the public would no longer misunderstood T-Ara and contributed to the SL comeback. But since that didn't happen, so SL to me is still just a hasty move. But personally I wouldn't even bother talking about this whole what-if anymore. Like T-Ara said, the only thing they can do now is to acknowledge that they made a mistake and will try to work hard to regain the love. And so I also moved on.

• 2 weeks later...

Meh...its over...lets move on...
About the rests of the groups in CCM...just so you know, many fans been waiting for them to comeback/debut; CCM is just waiting for the right time to strike, and as we all know, a comeback or a debut takes a long time. As for SPEED and 5dolls, they have been through a lot back then so it is understandable that CCM wouldnt just bring them out with blind trust. Once they're out, they're gonna hit and they did; as for Shannon and TheSeeya....again...Seeya/TheSeeya...ain't easy bringing something like that to the table, gotta consider as well as planning everything. Shannon's debut, she's still young..and she's doing fine....we dont want her to debut too soon and then waste her talent do we?

Therefore...Sexy Love comeback did happen or not does not affect those things I mentioned above. :lol:

I don't know but CCM could have done a lot better with the scandal thingy. There were many better things to do back then. It was because of their poor decisions that pushed the girls to the edge. Still hate that, a lot -_-

Name me someone who doesnt or glad that they made those decisions :lol:

Meh...its over...lets move on...

About the rests of the groups in CCM...just so you know, many fans been waiting for them to comeback/debut; CCM is just waiting for the right time to strike, and as we all know, a comeback or a debut takes a long time. As for SPEED and 5dolls, they have been through a lot back then so it is understandable that CCM wouldnt just bring them out with blind trust. Once they're out, they're gonna hit and they did; as for Shannon and TheSeeya....again...Seeya/TheSeeya...ain't easy bringing something like that to the table, gotta consider as well as planning everything. Shannon's debut, she's still young..and she's doing fine....we dont want her to debut too soon and then waste her talent do we?

Therefore...Sexy Love comeback did happen or not does not affect those things I mentioned above. :lol:

Comebacks necessarily don't take a long time to take.

After all, T-ara winded up doing God-knows-how-many per year. Even in 2012, there were three K-comebacks alone - Lovey Dovey, Day by Day and Sexy Love, so it's easy to imagine how difficult it would be. That's pretty high for a majorly-known group, especially since the number of comebacks higher-tier groups like 2NE1 and SNSD have made in Korea is even less than that (minus 2009).

Those mentioned groups from CCM are still relatively nugu status as well, which shouldn't come off as a surprise given poor management and the oversaturation of idol groups since 2010.

Those mentioned groups from CCM are still relatively nugu status as well, which shouldn't come off as a surprise given poor management and the over saturation of idol groups since 2010.

Nugu...LOL....yea... amen to that...tbh only us CCM fans know them well...and a number of the public... -_- other than that...meh.... as for me...whoever make good music...I'll be a fan LOL