Diadem Forums

[14.03.10] T-ara Jiyeon-Hyomin to reveal distinct personalities in solo activities in April

nathaniel

[14.03.10] T-ara Jiyeon-Hyomin to reveal distinct personalities in solo activities in April

wPuiIBb.jpg

Girl group T-ara (Qri, Boram, Eunjung, Soyeon, Hyomin, Jiyeon) will have members pursue a solo career for the first time since their debut five years ago.

According to officials on the 10th, Hyomin and Jiyeon and preparing to release solo singles in April. They are considering promoting simultaneously, but also considering having Jiyeon promote in early April and Hyomin promote in early May. The agency is putting in full work to prepare each member for a solo debut. After T-ara, both members are interested in being active as solo singers again.

T-ara had their first unit will T-ara N4 (Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon, Areum) last year, but this will be the first time a member will pursue solo promotions.

According to their agency, Jiyeon will work with Double Sidekick to promote as an artist with a style similar to Sunmi. Brave Brothers will help Hyomin debut as a singer with an opposite image from T-ara. The two distinct personalities will be exposed as different from the original and traditional image of T-ara.

Their agency also said to Star News, "In the group, the two members show excellent ability as artists and they will be able to attract a lot of attention and show those skills through a new genre and color for themselves."

T-ara debuted in 2009 and have constantly had hits from "Bo Peep Bo Peep" to "Roly-Poly" and "Lovey-dovey".

Source: http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2014031010310218797&outlink=2&SVEC

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Hyomin I expected, but Jiyeon too? I would've preferred her moving further in an actress direction, but this is great as well!

Yeah I suppossed her and Eunjung would pursue acting, but as long as she enjoys this! Maybe this could open some doors, who knows.

Excited for this :)

I know I may be dreaming but I wish we could hear some good news about Eunjung in a drama soon.

Hmm, I don't know whether I should be worried or not. Going solo from being in a group is not easy and also quite demanding since everything will have to do single handedly.

However, I'll still be rooting for them especially my dear Hyomin :)

And it will also be nice IF Jiyeon and Hyomin do ballad songs. Hyomin's recent performance of Immortal Song 2 shows that she can do ballads while Jiyeon has improved vocally

This is exciting news! Hyomin has been great with Eunjung in Music Travel and Immortal Songs.

Jiyeon is a clearly and exceptional talent too and now she gets to shine.

I'd like to see a Eunjung solo project or a duet with Hyomin at some point.

We all know Duble Sidekick from T-ARA N4 and judging by Brave Bros. work with Sistar, they and Hyomin stand to put out some good work.

I'm looking forward to their respective releases and promotions.

Fighting!

Hyomin has always stood out to me even though she's not my bias. She has great stage presence. I think she can really do well. Jiyeon is a toss up because the wrong image/concept could ruin everything. I'm excited to see what they both come up with and hope they both do well.

I wonder what the other girls will be doing though. I hope Eunjung gets to go back to acting!

I believe all of the girls are able to pursue solo careers. All of them have improved their vocals brilliantly over the years.

I look forward to Minnie's and Dino's activities, and I look forward to other girls' endeavors as well.

this is so sudden but well it bet there will be a lot to expect. i trust Jiyeon and Hyomin. they can be great solo performers since they have charms and skills that can captivate people's attention.

and i'm sad that Queen's are fighting out there just because of this -.-'' CCM is just not yet reveal all their plans, that doesn't mean the other members won't have activities.

This is good news. Going solo does not mean the group is disbanding. This might open new doors for the girls. Boram just told us that the girls want to keep going as T-ara. Have some faith in them please

Each of the Brown Eyed Girls have been doing solo projects for years and just had their 8th anniversary as a group.

Also there's this:

http://instagram.com/p/iEfZ0YvKs9/

I wont pretend to read Hyomin's mind but I'm assuming she posted this for reasons other than really liking the #2.

I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING

FF5b1ZM.gif

This is like a twist, a good twist! \0/ But wait a sec...does that mean there won't be an N4 comeback? :blink:

Ah whatever, I'm sure this will be much much better I have plenty of faith for both of them, Brave Brothers & Double Sidekick too.

Whatever this new concept is, I'm looking forward to it. ^_^

If I'm not mistaken, Hyomin collaborated with Brave Brother's before right? The song "Beautiful Girl" if not mistaken. That song was nice, although Hyomin's part was auto-tuned :(

Hopefully this coming single would present her real voice. Not sure about it being ballad though since the last three songs for the 10th year anniversary was quite up beat

*Rolls eyes*

As solo singers? My god, that is just stretching it far.

None of those two are even capable as branching out as solo singers. Not even Soyeon has the chops to branch out successfully as a solo. Their lives aren't exactly what you can consider 'solo' capability, especially compared to actual solo singers out there, or even idol vocalists like Taeyeon and Hyorin >__>.

wOw theY're going to worK with double sidekick and braVe brothers (gReat producers) getting excited!!!

i hopE the other meMbers could haVe soLo debut too.,

them having a different cOncept than their usual??? what other concept they haven't tried yet???