Diadem Forums

[14.03.10] T-ara Jiyeon-Hyomin to reveal distinct personalities in solo activities in April

nathaniel

^This... I'm looking forward to...

It's about time they did SOLO Activities after doing sub-units (N4 & QBS) and promoting as a group :)

I'm really excited especially with Hyomin's solo activities but I'm also anticipating Jiyeon's :D

Anyway... Best of luck to the two (although they won't need it because QUEENS will always be there to back them up ;) )

Can't wait for this~

*Rolls eyes*

As solo singers? My god, that is just stretching it far.

None of those two are even capable as branching out as solo singers. Not even Soyeon has the chops to branch out successfully as a solo. Their lives aren't exactly what you can consider 'solo' capability, especially compared to actual solo singers out there, or even idol vocalists like Taeyeon and Hyorin >__>.

I don't know man. I kinda feel the same way.

I'm just eager to know what will happen. Will it be a success or not? I think it's kinda interesting how it'll turn out.

I'd rather not have expectations for their debut as solo singers

hopefully minnie and dino will success in their solo activities... :lol::lol:

n the others too...

can't wait for eunjung solo acts...

remember her duet with amber in show champion opening stage...daebakk!!!

but...plz...plz...put t-ara in first place guys...even if everyone success in their own solo acts...

luv u guys.... <3<3<3<3<3

Each of the Brown Eyed Girls have been doing solo projects for years and just had their 8th anniversary as a group.

Also there's this:

I wont pretend to read Hyomin's mind but I'm assuming she posted this for reasons other than really liking the #2.

precisely. Members going solo is not a new thing. Groups have done it before them and remained together. For all we know the girls might be seeing how it feels to promote alone so that they are prepared if and when T-ara disbands

*Rolls eyes*

None of those two are even capable as branching out as solo singers. Not even Soyeon has the chops to branch out successfully as a solo. Their lives aren't exactly what you can consider 'solo' capability, especially compared to actual solo singers out there, or even idol vocalists like Taeyeon and Hyorin >__>.

anyone can be a solo artist tbh. Hyomin has shown she can sing with the Immortal Singer appearances with Eunjung. I really liked Jiyeon's solo single in Banisuta. You don't have to have really good vocals to release a song. Otherwise Hyuna would be just a rapper in 4Minute and Sunmi would be in school right now. It's the song's quality that matters so I'm putting my faith on producers who have put out good songs before.

precisely. Members going solo is not a new thing. Groups have done it before them and remained together. For all we know the girls might be seeing how it feels to promote alone so that they are prepared if and when T-ara disbands

anyone can be a solo artist tbh. Hyomin has shown she can sing with the Immortal Singer appearances with Eunjung. I really liked Jiyeon's solo single in Banisuta. You don't have to have really good vocals to release a song. Otherwise Hyuna would be just a rapper in 4Minute and Sunmi would be in school right now. It's the song's quality that matters so I'm putting my faith on producers who have put out good songs before.

I can't help but smile when you mentioned Hyuna going solo ^_^ It's true what you said however I was thinking it would be more tiring since going solo means having to do everything alone.

I remembered Song Ji Eun mentioning about how tiring it is going solo comparing to being in Secret

Well I gotta say I'm really surprised with Jiyeon going solo, I mean i honestly thought that if anyone from T-ara was gonna go solo it was going to be Hyomin, Eunjung or Soyeon but i gotta say I am NOT disappointed, heck I CANT WAIT ~ I guess i just cant wait for Jiyeon to show them haters what shes capable of. I am hoping though that the others will get the opportunity to show what they're made off.

Well I gotta say I'm really surprised with Jiyeon going solo, I mean i honestly thought that if anyone from T-ara was gonna go solo it was going to be Hyomin, Eunjung or Soyeon but i gotta say I am NOT disappointed, heck I CANT WAIT ~ I guess i just cant wait for Jiyeon to show them haters what shes capable of. I am hoping though that the others will get the opportunity to show what they're made off.

I was thinking like many others that Jiyeon would actually consider continue her acting career. I think acting is an area that Jiyeon can really excel in as compared to singing (She isn't exactly a Korean Beyonce or something though I have doubts in her ability to sing ballads and stuff). I was really looking forward last year and now this year for her to star in a drama... Nevertheless, I'm still very curious to what kind of song she would be singing and the image that she's going to adopt this time round! It seems that ANY image, yes, ANY image, suits her up till now. <3

I'm sure that the rest are going solo too. I think it was subtly implied in this piece of news that all the other members are going to try to branch out as solo singers. I think CCM planned for the rest too, but want to see how Jiyeon and Hyomin fare first. Like they said, they're going to leave a month's gap in between their two debuts so as not to clash with one another.

*Rolls eyes*

They do not have extremely good voices but it is feasible that they go solo, although I hope it would be well received.

In Hyuna case she is extremely famous, so no doubt going solo is okay, but honestly T-ara havent really regained their popularity and now they are sending them as solo artists, a bit hard eh..

Honestly I rather see them return as a group since the label of T-ara is there, but as solo artists I just hope its not a sign of the group disbanding soon. Pray~

This does not sit that well with me.
For starters none of the girls are solo material, not even Soyeon who is their best singer and arguably best performer. Also Ahreum already was planned(allegedly) to go solo, so it's kind of lame that she's put on hold(not that I'm surprised, she's not the only one in that company put on hold).

I could understand that they wanted someone more popular than Soyeon and Ahreum, but I really, really dislike that they're having Jiyeon debut. Sure. she's CCM's cash cow, their most well promoted idol, and thus, one of the most popular in the group, but she's pretty much T-ara's second worst singer and for all her looks, a poor performer(in a group not known for being particulary good at either).

If they wanted to promote their most popular for a solo album, they should have picked Eunjung instead of her. Eunjung is also one of their most popular(on par with Jiyeon and Hyomin even), and she's every bit Hyomin's equal, possibly even better, as a performer and singer. I suppose there's a reason for not using her, but I still don't like it.

I can sort of dig Hyomin having her own album. Excluding Soyeon she's tied with Eunjung as T-ara's best, as far as I'm concerned anyway, and she's also a decent rapper, so she's worth something at least(better choice than Jiyeon anyway). Though I kind of hate Brave Brothers so my enthusiasm isn't really through the roof.

*Rolls eyes*

We should hang out.

For starters none of the girls are solo material, not even Soyeon who is their best singer and arguably best performer. Also Ahreum already was planned(allegedly) to go solo, so it's kind of lame that she's put on hold(not that I'm surprised, she's not the only one in that company put on hold).

I could understand that they wanted someone more popular than Soyeon and Ahreum, but I really, really dislike that they're having Jiyeon debut. Sure. she's CCM's cash cow, their most well promoted idol, and thus, one of the most popular in the group, but she's pretty much T-ara's second worst singer and for all her looks, a poor performer(in a group not known for being particulary good at either).

If they wanted to promote their most popular for a solo album, they should have picked Eunjung instead of her. Eunjung is also one of their most popular(on par with Jiyeon and Hyomin even), and she's every bit Hyomin's equal, possibly even better, as a performer and singer. I suppose there's a reason for not using her, but I still don't like it.

I can sort of dig Hyomin having her own album. Excluding Soyeon she's tied with Eunjung as T-ara's best, as far as I'm concerned anyway, and she's also a decent rapper, so she's worth something at least(better choice than Jiyeon anyway). Though I kind of hate Brave Brothers so my enthusiasm isn't really through the roof.

We should hang out.

I'm quite sure Eunjung and Soyeon will be the next two to be solo-ing as well if Jiyeon and Hyomin were to be successful. I somehow have a feeling that they chose Jiyeon and Hyomin first because of their popularity (Hyomin is getting a lot of attention lately, especially after Jinx). Not sure about the reason why Eunjung wasn't chosen though, she would definitely be in the top 2 choices considering everything. Well I guess for Jiyeon, if she were to sing anything else other than ballads, she had to sing a song that allows her to show off her dancing if not it would pretty much be a downer. Nevertheless, I guess everything is worth a try right? A wise man once said you will never achieve anything if you don't take risks, even if the odds are pretty bad. Let's hope for the best! <3

When I heard solo activities I thought Jiyeon would pursue acting

Even though it's not coming in a drama soon, I'll cheer for her but I'm really looking forward to seeing her in a drama soon. Heol, my feels

Lol when they said Jiyeon would have that 'Sunmi' feel, I suddenly had the image of Jiyeon going down on her knees and doing that butt dance

also Hyomin, I'm curious to as to what kind of imagae she'll project

anyways, all the best to these two girls and the rest of T-ara too

also I'd like to see Qri pursue solo activities too, I'm just curious as to which field she'd best specialize in

We should hang out.

See: BoA (Not an exceptional singer like you two suggest needed to become a solo act), Hyuna, Lee Hyori (this is even more relevant as Lee Hyori was in Fin.K.L and she wasn't even the standout of them), Jay Park, J.Y.P, Simon D, literally everyone.

You should NOT be judging idols on how well they sing, they're idols after all. Soyeon is in no way T-ara's best performer, she has her moments, like when she's given vocal lines and allowed to demonstrate her capability, but she is not the best performer. "a poor performer(in a group not known for being particulary good at either)." that line was so confusing, but I'm going to take it at face value. T-ara not known for being preformers? You lost me, T-ara is literally all performances, for the EXACT reason you mentioned: not one of them has standout vocals. The reason they made it this far hasn't been on any members efforts alone. The reason T-ara got popular was was SoJiEunMin, Soyeon with her comedy and witty attitude on Oh! My school. Jiyeon for being the face of the group and being compared to Kim Tae Hee, Eunjung for showcasing her abilities in Dream High, and Hyomin for showing her personality and worth on Invincible Youth. Not to mention those 4 were paired with SuperNova, the literal reason they got famous. Eunjung and Hyomin aren't competing against eachother, Eunjung probably DOES want to go solo as a singer, and they all want to remain T-ara as well, however her agency (CCM) does not see it fit for her because their prospects of getting money out of the whole event is low. Eunjung as a singer being better than Hyomin is questionable as well, she's not the type of person to carry a song and control her voice, she's more the belter of the group. Look at any performance with the two of them, Hyomin usually does most of the singing when they are together. Eunjung defeats Hyomin in areas of old style singing and Trot, no doubt about that. As long as they don't Autotune Hyomin to hell, I'm fine with Brave Brothers, pls no sistar rehash song though.

Y'all should check out the Nine Muses idol documentary, btw. It gives you insight into this industry, and makes you see what idols actually go through, and have to live through. Kind of sad, esp thinking about how CCM treats them.

(I was upset when watching Hello Baby and seeing how small their vocal practice room was T_T)

I agree with everyone that this is exciting news, but then any news about T ara and new releases is exciting. I'm surprised that Soyeon wasn't the first to launch into a solo endeavor. Hyomin is more than capable of handling something like this and I know she will do well. Like all fans of T ara I hope that Jiyeon does well because this could direct her entire career. She is a very talented young lady and I have no doubt she will do well.

And like so many others I am looking forward to Eun Jung's next project! Acting? Solo? Anything?

When I heard solo activities I thought Jiyeon would pursue acting

Even though it's not coming in a drama soon, I'll cheer for her but I'm really looking forward to seeing her in a drama soon. Heol, my feels

Lol when they said Jiyeon would have that 'Sunmi' feel, I suddenly had the image of Jiyeon going down on her knees and doing that butt dance

also Hyomin, I'm curious to as to what kind of imagae she'll project

anyways, all the best to these two girls and the rest of T-ara too

also I'd like to see Qri pursue solo activities too, I'm just curious as to which field she'd best specialize in

I highly doubt Jiyeon would do that. She's capable of captivating the audience in many other ways, she doesn't have to resort to 'selling' her own body.

Good things are happening not the least of which is the other 4 girls getting to take a much deserved break.

Ever since their debuts, T-ARA has been working non stop.

In addition, after last summers misadventures, CCM has been much more accommodating. The result was two very successful promotion cycles. Boram also had a successful run with her Lost Garden musical so it's not as though individual T-ARA activities are unheard of. It's good they get to spread their wings and expand their horizons.

The thing for fans to do is to vote for the girls when they promote, be supportive and enjoy the performances.