Diadem Forums

[14.04.02] Jiyeon reveals mysterious "7" teaser photo ahead of solo debut.. D-28

nathaniel

[14.04.02] Jiyeon reveals mysterious "7" teaser photo ahead of solo debut.. D-28

bvapZvu.jpg

Jiyeon has revealed a strange teaser photo ahead of her upcoming solo debut at the end of this month.

On the 30th, Jiyeon will foray into becoming a solo artist by releasing a song produced by hit-maker Double Sidekick. Since their debut in 2009, this will be the first time a T-ara member has gone into promoting as a soloist.

Core Contents Media revealed today (2nd) a teaser photo containing the bottom half of Jiyeon's legs and the number "7." Jiyeon is wearing pink leg warmers around her ankles with ribbons tying her legs together.

Core Contents Media revealed to Star News, "Jiyeon's solo concept is sexy and will be similar to Park Jiyoon's "Coming of Age Ceremony", but with a modern 2014-esque twist. As she prepares for her first solo promotions, she has been putting her all into preparing and ended up losing 5kg (11lbs)."

For Jiyeon's solo debut, she is also changing things up around her usual T-ara image. She is working with the best music staff, choreographer and stylist to show a new side of her.

In regards to the number "7" being featured on her teaser image, Core Contents Media said that "7" refers to her song and the meaning of the song will be revealed soon.

Source: http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2014040211145302591&outlink=2&SVEC

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

*gasp* she's already so skinny and now another 5kg??

someone please bring her samgyupsal crying2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624

Hope this is the last time she'll lose weight... :unsure:

I'm sure she'll have her fair share of samgyupsal every now and then :lol::D

Hope she doesn't look like a skeleton though!!! :( Park Jiyoon literally looked like a skeleton dancing...

I definitely can't wait for Jiyeon's solo debut at the end of this month. And I wonder how far Jiyeon will go for her solo debut. Well, I will wait patiently and find out if she's going 19+ rated or just be a little tastefully sexy. I will find out when the time comes for Jiyeon's time to shine

The ever slender Jiyeon losing weight is a worrisome thing. She doesn't have the weight to lose. I'm sure she lost it working very hard but we are all concerned for her health. Like everyone else I am so eager to see what the video will be like. I love the teaser photo so clearly some artistic and creative minds are at work here.

Truth be told, I was a bit apprehensive about Jiyeon and Hyomin going solo. It's not CL or Lee Hyori we're talking about - no offenses.

I was afraid somehow their schedules would clash, also how the public is going to react to a solo promotion from a T-ara member? But still I was already looking forward to it and thinking 'Heol, April 30 is so far away. How am I supposed to hold on till then?' And then they go and drop this teaser image for Jiyeon. Now all I wanna say it 'BRING IT ON BABY.' I'M PUMPED UP FOR HER SOLO DEBUT. ITS GOING TO BE FANTASTIC, I JUST KNOW IT. HATERS CAN THROW THEMSELVES IN A DITCH FOR ALL I CARE. BOOYAHZA!

That was refreshing. Jiyeon fighting. Also now I'm excited for Hyomin too!!!

It would be really interesting if Jiyeon can pull off Park Jiyoon's Coming Age of Ceremony in a slow, sexy-classy but not slutty ballad style. As we all know, Jiyeon is better at singing ballads than any other genres though she's of course not even nearly as good as many vocalists out there. But then again, if she manages to pull this off really well, sing better than all her previous parts and mini-solos, she will really blow people's minds off! <3

I'm really unhappy they made her lose weight. However, I'm extremely excited for her solo debut. It seems like there might be something to do with ballet. I'm praying it's not a ballad lol, even though I know she's better at those. I'm not sure how successful she'll be because of the others promoting right now, but I definitely look forward to this!

Urgh as much as I'm excited to see what direction Jiyeon's solo debut goes in, it really annoys me that companies constantly emphasize an idol's weight loss for a new round of promotions ... You can open any comeback K-pop article and read about how, 'Member X dropped a shocking 15 pounds for this comeback round!' and suchlike, but wouldn't it be nice to instead read about, 'Member Y has been going through intensive vocal training and cannot wait to wow audiences with their new vocal abilities!'

But I guess I'm being over-idealistic here ><