Diadem Forums

[14.04.24] Female solo singer A disposes new music video

nathaniel

[14.04.24] Female solo singer A disposes new music video’s controversial clips.. Is “solo singer A” Jiyeon?

356223875.jpg

According to a blind item post on Instiz, a female solo singer called “A” has discarded parts of new music video ahead of her comeback.

The article reveals that the music video featured controversial clips of the singer with rushing water and in a water-filled box. The music video shoot took place on the 16th before the ferry accident came to light, but considering the current atmosphere, it would only be right to not disclose the controversial content of the video.

78854789567.png

The music video description fits Jiyeon pretty well, as we saw a soaking wet Jiyeon dancing in the rain in her previously released BTS spoiler video.

The agency of the singer said, “A lot of money and hard work went into the shoot, but considering the current situation, we gathered opinions on if we should dispose of the content. It was only natural to. We do not want to cause any sort of inconvenience at all to the families of the incident so we have decided we will not show those parts.”

The singer was scheduled to comeback at the end of April and the beginning of May, but it’s been delayed. The agency said, “We do not know for sure the timing of the comeback since broadcasters are not sure either. We will carefully watch the situation and rearrange the schedule.”

It was revealed that the planners of the comeback are incredibly worried now. Performing on music shows and getting on the rankings is a priority, but it looks like music shows won’t be back until around the second week in May for sure. Even with that, it’s difficult to guarantee a good spot. The comeback for “A” was supposed to be in April because the solo singer had already had a comeback with her group prepared afterwards. The already narrow-gap for her comeback has disappeared.

Jiyeon’s solo debut was going to be at the end of April through mid-May, since T-ara is also preparing a group comeback in Japan with their third Japanese album Gossip Girls on May 15th. Of course, with T-ara’s jam-packed schedules, Jiyeon had a very minimal amount of time fit for a solo debut.

Despite that, the agency of “A” has said they are flexible though. They said, “We will look at the what’s the best. It’s more likely that the album will just have come out around July during the World Cup.”

Source: Instiz
Translations by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

So what do you think? Do you think female “solo singer A” is Jiyeon? Sexy music video filmed in water, comeback in late April, part of a girl group coming back in May.. I think “A” is definitely Jiyeon because the details describe Jiyeon’s situation pretty perfectly. The news is a little bit upsetting, but it’s only a small change that had to be done so we shouldn’t worry.

Nonetheless, nothing can compare to the tragedy that happened and is still happening right now in Korea. Please continue to pray for the missing people and the family members affected by the Sewol ferry accident. We can only hope for miracles for those still missing.

It really does fit, doesn't it. At least we will see her eventually with T ara and on her own. I respect CCM for making this decision. If they hadn't then only Jiyeon would suffer from the every venomous and ignorant netizens. I hope she gets a good release date.

I don't see this as a cause for concern if it is Jiyeon's MV we're talking about. It's CCM respecting the families affected by the ferry tragedy.

"Upsetting" isn't even a word that would have otherwise come to mind.

If CCM released a controversial MV that offended the families affected by the tragedy that would be upsetting.

If its really Jiyeon then I'm actually relived not upset. In this time of tragedy, CCM is showing some common sense & sensitivity (which they haven't always done in the past). T-ara's name is already being mentioned as one of the victims of that lying psycho fake rescue diver Hong Ga Hye (aka 'Hwayoung's Fake Cousin' ~thank god she has been arrested), we really don't need more stories of netizens badmouthing Jiyeon for just a few seconds of footage.

If its really Jiyeon then I'm actually relived not upset. In this time of tragedy, CCM is showing some common sense & sensitivity (which they haven't always done in the past). T-ara's name is already being mentioned as one of the victims of that lying psycho fake rescue diver Hong Ga Hye (aka 'Hwayoung's Fake Cousin' ~thank god she has been arrested), we really don't need more stories of netizens badmouthing Jiyeon for just a few seconds of footage.

I read about that. Impersonating a rescue diver? What was that person hoping to accomplish?

Regardless if it IS our Beloved ❤JIYEON, it would be wise to respect those who have suffered and are continuing to suffer due to this tragic loss of lives.

We should honor the desicion of the Agency if it is indeed CCM to protect and lookout for any backlash that would definately be aimed at T-ARA & ❤JIYEON if the MV were to offend the public.

I realize time is of the essence in releasing her Debut Song, however, in the long run.....she willl be successful no matter when she decides to Wow us Fans and music lovers!

Just my thoughts.....

I just wish someone could take the time to stress that this lying *&%$# has also spread her lies to T ara and some of those haters begin to question the validity of their opinions on T ara. Not likely I know, but I can hope. It is so annoying to know that there are still and always will be people out there that have trusted slanderous rumors without listening to the whole story.

i never understood this sort of thing. how is someone dumping water on themselves controversial. i dont see how it relates to anything.
yes i understand there was a tragedy in south korea. its a horrible event. my thoughts and prayers to everyone.
but even so. i remember when i lost family when the world trade centers collapsed on 9/11. and they did the same thing back then. they removed songs from air waves that may "remind" people of that event. they removed the twin towers from the spider man trailers at the time. (just throwing an example out there)
none of it bothered me. none of those images made me feel bad. because if you live through something like that, its always going to be with you. whether you see it on TV (anywhere) or hear about it. and you cant hide from those things. you cant live the rest of your life hiding from images or things related to that event.
i understand the mindset to be respectful, but really, you putting all that effort into protecting me from seeing and hearing things you thought i wouldnt want to see or hear, didnt help me at all. just because i didnt see the twin towers in a spider man movie didnt make me forget. just like seeing the twin towers in a picture i have in my house didnt make me break down in anxiety either.

thank you for the thought, but you know, just not worth the effort. you spent all that time working hard on your art. i say keep it in. dont ruin your work because of me. dont let me be the reason you cripple your work. if anything its offensive to me, to say im the reason you changed your art.

just another perspective to take into account.

and i dont understand why this article is so cryptic. just say who it is.

i never understood this sort of thing. how is someone dumping water on themselves controversial. i dont see how it relates to anything.

yes i understand there was a tragedy in south korea. its a horrible event. my thoughts and prayers to everyone.

but even so. i remember when i lost family when the world trade centers collapsed on 9/11. and they did the same thing back then. they removed songs from air waves that may "remind" people of that event. they removed the twin towers from the spider man trailers at the time. (just throwing an example out there)

none of it bothered me. none of those images made me feel bad. because if you live through something like that, its always going to be with you. whether you see it on TV (anywhere) or hear about it. and you cant hide from those things. you cant live the rest of your life hiding from images or things related to that event.

i understand the mindset to be respectful, but really, you putting all that effort into protecting me from seeing and hearing things you thought i wouldnt want to see or hear, didnt help me at all. just because i didnt see the twin towers in a spider man movie didnt make me forget. just like seeing the twin towers in a picture i have in my house didnt make me break down in anxiety either.

thank you for the thought, but you know, just not worth the effort. you spent all that time working hard on your art. i say keep it in. dont ruin your work because of me. dont let me be the reason you cripple your work. if anything its offensive to me, to say im the reason you changed your art.

just another perspective to take into account.

and i dont understand why this article is so cryptic. just say who it is.

Well, it's not just about you. It's about us and Jiyeon as well, it's about everyone who thinks about it. It's to show respect. They're idols, they can't just say "Who cares about you and your tragedy? I'll just do my things!" No, obviously they can't do that. It's just not the victims families who would judge Jiyeon, the media would, the netizens would, the whole country would (oy you already know how crazy some people are). Even us fans would. And I believe Jiyeon herself would think about it. Nobody would care whether it was intentional or not if it came out that way and the only one who would suffer from such judgement would be Jiyeon, not you. So, it's to protect Jiyeon as well.

i don't get it,..??!!!

why they (media+netizen) always criticize jiyeon,.??!!!

it's not her fault or her agency too..

the MV concept & shooting was planned right before the ship tragedy happened right,.??

but they said it was a controversial..??!! what a xxxx,..

and thanks to CCM for delayed the comeback so then that xxxxx netizen can shut up their mouth,..

i just hope the best for our jiyeon and our t-ara,..

i don't get it,..??!!!

why they (media+netizen) always criticize jiyeon,.??!!!

it's not her fault or her agency too..

the MV concept & shooting was planned right before the ship tragedy happened right,.??

but they said it was a controversial..??!! what a xxxx,..

and thanks to CCM for delayed the comeback so then that xxxxx netizen can shut up their mouth,..

i just hope the best for our jiyeon and our t-ara,..

There's no criticism actually taking place here. Perhaps you're misunderstanding because of the use of the word 'controversial.' This is CCM's own decision, not the media or netizens (they actually have no part in this) pressuring them into it. This is simply the media reporting after CCM has already made the decision because they knew the MV would be regarded with distaste ergo controversial.

I think you guys didn't understand what @Collar McPoppins is trying to say... Let me explain it @n@ I need to say that I agree with you again
If you lose someone, taking away all the "things that could make you remember about it" really won't help 'cause is something that stays inside you like a tatoo, something you won't be able to forget even though you take away everything related to it.
So why should others throw to the trash all their hard work? Is not like in the video appears the ocean or a boat, they just splash water, so if a girl takes a photo inside a pool she should delete it because it might be reminded? No, I thank CCM for having some consideration for the family of the victims and I pray for all the victims, but remember this is not the first time that a tragedy occurs and it's not going to be the last, you just have to learn how to deal with it without hurting you again and again... I'm not a cold-hearted girl I just speak my mind

@Collar I gotta say I agree with you in parts, and completely agree with Nicole.

I wouldn't mind at all the scenes if I were one of the family that lost someone there, I would also think/say "hey, you don't need to do that for me, you've worked so hard on those"... but the thing is, it's not only about how we cope with those feelings, people out there may feel very differently and this MUST be taken into consideration, making them remind the tragedy now (or in a near future) is just disrespectful imo... you see, poking a scar differ considerably from poking an open wound.

I say that we really don't know the real truth at all right now. But we still know though that Jiyeon's solo debut will still go on as planned on April 30th, that's only a couple days away. All we have to do is to wait until the MV comes out on Wednesday KST along with the solo single and see if the underwater box scene is in the video or it's completely altered because of the recent Sewol ferry tragedy. And the reason why I have said that is that we haven't heard any official word from Jiyeon's agency about the water box scene that is supposedly in question

I also think they are referring to Jiyeon here.. I mean ... the infos are almost parallel to Jiyeon's upcoming solo debut. Its fine, anyway the changes wouldn't be a problem for me as long as they are doing it for the sake of the Sewol Ferry incident. Praying for South Korea and hoping everything goes well.

Still anticipating for our maknae's solo debut <3

I think you guys didn't understand what @Collar McPoppins is trying to say... Let me explain it @n@ I need to say that I agree with you again

If you lose someone, taking away all the "things that could make you remember about it" really won't help 'cause is something that stays inside you like a tatoo, something you won't be able to forget even though you take away everything related to it.

So why should others throw to the trash all their hard work? Is not like in the video appears the ocean or a boat, they just splash water, so if a girl takes a photo inside a pool she should delete it because it might be reminded? No, I thank CCM for having some consideration for the family of the victims and I pray for all the victims, but remember this is not the first time that a tragedy occurs and it's not going to be the last, you just have to learn how to deal with it without hurting you again and again... I'm not a cold-hearted girl I just speak my mind

I understand what you all say but the thing is are you sure everyone out there also thinks like you? Obviously no. And as mentioned in the article it's not just about splashing water, it's about one stuck in a water-filled box. Think again, what's good for Jiyeon if she and CCM decided otherwise? There's definitely no good in it. People will jump in and start saying that Jiyeon wanted to shove the pains into the faces of those families while the whole nation is still in pain. Believe me, they will, and a few of you who think differently won't be of any help for Jiyeonie. To avoid controversy is necessary and better than trying to explain it later. Because obviously people are more attracted to negative things than positive ones. It's not like T-ara never had any scandal and we all witnessed how cruel it was.

It's a bit presumptuous for anyone outside of Korea to tell Korea how they should be feeling right now isn't it?

If it is Jiyeon's MV, CCM made their decision to edit the video out of respect for the victims' families therefore I respect that decision because it is a decision they made for the right reasons. Videos get edited for various reasons all the time so it's really not a big deal considering the scope of what's currently happening in South Korea.

But we still know though that Jiyeon's solo debut will still go on as planned on April 30th, that's only a couple days away. All we have to do is to wait until the MV comes out on Wednesday KST along with the solo single and see if the underwater box scene is in the video or it's completely altered because of the recent Sewol ferry tragedy. And the reason why I have said that is that we haven't heard any official word from Jiyeon's agency about the water box scene that is supposedly in question

Although there's no official news, Jiyeon's solo debut has been delayed to June/July. In fact all Kpop comebacks have been delayed due to the Sewol tragedy. Even T-ara's Japanese fan meeting which was scheduled in Jun has been pushed back to a later date.