Diadem Forums

[14.05.13] Video - Mnet 4 Next week cut w/ Jiyeon teaser

Joao

Here's the translation by the way, credit to @Sg_Ramborghini (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1o7h4 )

Host: Our show's name is called "Rude show"

Ji: Hahaha

-Screen shows passerbys interview-
Passerby 1: Feels like she's very rude.
Passerby 2: After that controversy happened, i disliked her.
Passerby 3: A little rude.
Passerby 4: You can feel it when she speaks.

-Screen goes back to Jiyeon-
Jiyeon (softly) - Mianhae...

Mnet why

I don't know how to react lol...

It is rude indeed, but somehow I feel like this is about the best way they could be blatanly honest. MNET is parent co of CCM, where Jiyeon is housed. And I believe, Jiyeon has passed that stage where she would get much hurt by bypassers' rude comments.

Those won't kill her, and she'll come out stronger and better.

You know, she's Jiyeon.

*I bet some celebs do feel curious of what sort of bad comments would be said about them by people on the streets lol*

I saw this earlier on a Chinese Website .....I'm taken back by some of the reactions??? Why would laughter out loud be considered "rude"?! Even in my country (Japan), where outburst by a women would be considered unlady-like....but, not really rude?

The passerby's seemed to be "coached" in their response? Maybe?

If not.....hopefully My ♥JIYEON will just blow it off and laugh about it?!?! 😥

It looks to me like they are getting opinions of her from people off the street and they all say bad things. She is upset at the end by their opinions. She's still a very young woman and not as mature as she looks. Those kind of comments do sting. But being in the performing arts she definitely needs to develop a thicker skin if that is what upset her. You will never get 100% of the people to love you no matter how hard you try. Take solace in the fact that your real fans love you and think only good thoughts when we think about you!!

Correct me if I'm wrong because I've never seen any of these Mnet "rude shows" before. But I think what Mnet is trying to do is to show the viewers the rude comments towards Jiyeon both offline and online, but after that, showing that these people have changed their perspectives towards her. I just have a feeling this is what they're trying to do.

I mean, it doesn't make any sense that her parent company would want to bash their own idol in the midst of all the promotions and stuff right? It just doesn't add up. The only logical thing I can think of, is to attract the attention of the viewers with this 'teaser' then show how strong Jiyeon is now. What more to attract than to dig some 'dirty past scandal' of an idol that has been the target of offline and online bashing. You cannot deny that titillation always sells.

And of course, it just shows that Jiyeon is really to face this problem that has been really the problem to some of their journeys to making their comebacks etc a success. Afterall, Mnet has full control of what is shown anyway, and the last thing they would do is shoot themselves in the foot. Keeping fingers crossed for our dear girl and her sisters supporting her off screen.

I dont like seeing Jiyeon cry. :(

Context is important here but this video reminds me of GaIn's teaser for Truth or Dare earlier this year except it's celebs being asked to say things about her.

It seems like this is a sort of social experiment where people say what's on their mind in an effort to show how ridiculous they've been.

Guest dav8d

ok i feel the need to cut some people................ anyways KARA's Gyuri is known for saying that haters will only hate you behind your back but if they see you in real life they will come up to you and ask for your autograph. Jiyeon be strong!!

Initially I was sad at the video and translations, but as others have said, they're doing this for one reason or another. If this can help show a different side of T-ara which others haven't seen, then that's good.

It's Slay-yeon/Slay-ara we're talking about here.

I dont like seeing Jiyeon cry. :(

Context is important here but this video reminds me of GaIn's teaser for Truth or Dare earlier this year except it's celebs being asked to say things about her.

It seems like this is a sort of social experiment where people say what's on their mind in an effort to show how ridiculous they've been.

ok i feel the need to cut some people................ anyways KARA's Gyuri is known for saying that haters will only hate you behind your back but if they see you in real life they will come up to you and ask for your autograph. Jiyeon be strong!!

Initially I was sad at the video and translations, but as others have said, they're doing this for one reason or another. If this can help show a different side of T-ara which others haven't seen, then that's good.

It's Slay-yeon/Slay-ara we're talking about here.

Although I mentioned this might be a tactic that Mnet employed to get viewers to actually pay attention to the show and see how Jiyeon and T-ara have changed, I still think it is hurting for them. I mean, I wouldn't want to put the girls through this pain once again, especially when Jiyeon seems to be the main target most of time because of her naturally 'cold look'. But we must have faith in Jiyeon's strength in fending off these criticisms and bashing, and emerge only as a stronger girl. <3

Guest alee

Ugh, they made her cry. Their stupid judgments made her cry.

I really hate seeing Jiyeon cry </3

how can knetz bring their own countrymen down? Disappointing.