Diadem Forums

[14.05.20] Jiyeon,

nathaniel

[14.05.20] Jiyeon, “I am not looking to compete with G.NA and Hyosung; I want to prove T-ara has not given up”

a9230fc271adb982da906297659c7282.jpg

On the 19th, Jiyeon held a press conference in Gangnamgu at Core Contents Media ahead of the release of her first solo mini-album. At the conference, she revealed her feelings of satisfaction and burden of being the first T-ara member to promote as a solo artist.

“Because I’m the maknae, do I have to be the first [to have a solo debut]?” Jiyeon joked at the beginning of the press conference. Regarding her upcoming solo debut, Jiyeon said that, “The first time I was offered a solo debut I could was hesitant. I worried a lot about having to do everything by myself and it was a burden to me so much that I trembled and couldn’t sleep at night. ”

“I’ve practiced a lot and I’m getting a lot of support now from fans,” Jiyeon said. “I also received support from the T-ara unnies and Duble Sidekick sunbaes.” She continued with, “It wouldn’t be true to say I don’t still feel burdened, but I think it’s a good image for me to overcome the challenges I’m faced with.”

It’s also very troublesome for Jiyeon to have to stand alone when in the past, she was used to standing on stage along side five unnies. But Jiyeon won’t be staying true to T-ara’s colors. “I have a lot greed. We have prepared a different style of song and choreography. I want to show charms that are unique to me,” she said.

Jiyeon’s title song “1MIN1SEC” was composed by the team Duble Sidekick and shows off a unique charm of poetic lyrics and melody in a mid-tempo beat. The lyrics are in the view of an honest woman who cannot ever give up on the man she loves.

The concept of “1MIN1SEC” is sexy. Jiyeon said that, “It was not my idea to have a sexy concept. I wanted to have an androygnous concept, with some feminine and masculine aspects.” But when she was asked what sexy meant to her, Jiyeon replied, “I never thought of myself as sexy, but now when I go up on stage, I feel like my gaze is slowly changing. I am becoming more confident.”

50243f54f8c2767afd84315b97a68500.jpg

At the same time as Jiyeon, G.NA and Jeon Hyosung have came back as solo artists. Inevitably, they all have been compared because of their songs all being composed by Duble Sidekick but because they also all have sexy concepts.

Jiyeon said, “I worried in the beginning about this, but after watching their songs and music videos, I realized we all have different concepts. So I think that we can all have a win-win situation.”

She continued, “In reality, I’m not close with many celebrities, but I hope I can use this opportunity to be closer with them. I am competitive, but not right now.”

When she was asked how she would stand out, she said, “I actually don’t have any weapon. I would only say I’m trying to do my best.” She also stated, “Honestly, I just want to show that T-ara has not given up.”

In conclusion, Jiyeon revealed her future expectations: “This is not the last time I will make a solo album,” she said, “I hope to take on the challenge again.”

Jiyeon’s “Never Ever” mini-album will be released at noon today (May 2oth) and her first stage performance will be on the May 22nd episode of M!Countdown. Make sure you have purchased her album via YesAsia if you haven’t already!

Source: Newsen / BNT News
Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

She should have stay flawless like a JiYeon instead on her tshirt lol, that photo of hers is really flawless.

Thank goodness that the MV (and hopefully the choreography) is not overly sexualized. Although the song is over my expectations but I guess its a pretty nice song. However I think I'm more used to T-ara style songs like cry cry, number 9, or the roly poly lovey dovey type lol.

Hope she does well in charts ! Go dino !

It's really heartening to see how much she's thinking about T-ara's success through her very own debut. Even in her big moment she's thinking about the other members and how she can help them succeed ;;

You do all realise that all the admirable things she says are very likely to be something that CCM told her to say, right? Still can't get how people automatically buy these statements as if they come from the idols themselves.

Anywho, the song is disappointing to me. Reminds me too much of one of Pink's songs and I feel they could have autotuned her voice better.

The video is decent, she's pretty hot, though nothing that spectacular that blows my mind.

Overall for all the hype it's pretty disappointing imo.

Guest Amal

I love the song so freaking much! I didn't have much expectation on the MV and dance tbh but I'm pleasantly surprised

Gotta say that I love the 1MIN1SEC dance point the most, the batdance looks quite good too

I'm far from being disappointed. Jiyeon fighting !

i-1471.gif

Jiyeon, just keep practicing and give your best. I hope the next project solo album you can make a different concept than this. I dont want to see Jiyeon suffer anymore in MV hihi (Cry Cry, Sexy Love, Painkiller, more and more -> she's dead) :(

“This is not the last time I will make a solo album,”

Now that's what I'd like to hear, this is too good to be a one time thing. For real. Honestly, I only held basic expectation toward this solo, but what she did exceeds my initial expectation and even goes far beyond. To say she slays is an understatement. This is pure evil genocide.

Guest alee

More power to you Park Jiyeon! Don't let your doubters and haters bring you down. There are a lot of people who love you.

We'll see more of you in the near future! I'm looking forward to that. xD

no one was under the impression t-ara was giving up. that wasnt on anyones minds until you said something. and in another interview you said this solo endeavor was totally separate from your t-ara promotions. that this jiyeon was different than t-ara jiyeon. and by going solo that doesnt really help send the message t-ara isnt giving up btw. (not that i believe you are but do the math.) so are you doing this to establish a new image for jiyeon or an image that t-ara is together forever (by yourself) make up your mind girlfriend!

You do all realise that all the admirable things she says are very likely to be something that CCM told her to say, right? Still can't get how people automatically buy these statements as if they come from the idols themselves.

Yeah to some extent yes, but I think that is not really the point, instead we should hope for the truth in the statement that CCM (and most probably Jiyeon) hopes to achieve, that T-ara haven't given up and will rise to the top in time to come. Seeing how the video is doing on youtube, views and some charts, its really relieving that the song is doing decently well, not to mention that there are people who support only some members of T-ara and not T-ara as a whole