Diadem Forums

[14.05.19] Video HD - Jiyeon 'Never Ever' MV Ver. 1&2

HeraldC

Read this interpretation:

Moving on to the MV, I think depressing themes have already become her bread and butter. She is really able to bring out emotions with her phenomenal facial expressions. This adds on to the mysterious sexiness that the whole song and dance are trying to enunciate. The whole feel of the MV and song are really well complemented with the stop-motion of the home scenes where Jiyeon wakes up to her normal routine. Once again I’m not gonna lie: this song and MV aren’t the best out there, BUT, with the combination of the whole theme and feel to it, it is arguably a top tier standard, in terms of art (music and dance are considered arts anyway). Something interesting to note is that the only thing that remains in ‘colour’ are Jiyeon’s nails and the piece of garment or scarf that she had been weaving the entire MV.

The MV tells us the story of this lady that Jiyeon is portraying but does not give us a proper resolution. There can be two interpretations: (1, the most popular interpretation) Jiyeon is haunted by her past relationship and she still pines for the man she loves; as a result, she loses her sanity and ends up in an asylum (the white, faceless figure is supposedly her doctor while the man in black with the umbrella is her past lover). And (2, what I think the MV is really about) Jiyeon is haunted by her past relationship and is unable to let him go. She lost her sanity ages ago as can be seen in the MV where she always wakes up to her routine and continues sewing this garment (she is thinking that they’re still together, JUST LIKE PAINKILLER). There are instances where she realises that she’s insane, and all that she lives in is just a facade (she looks into the mirror and the whole house - her world - decolourises). In the last scene, it is showing her finally realising the reality, the asylum room might just be a metaphor.

Credit: http://jiyeon-fanboy.tumblr.com/post/86301753494/lets-be-honest-here-when-i-first-listened-to-the

Guest Jehataydes

I loved the song and the MV because of the simplicity. It's also not just a video where she's just being sexy, has a history. I want to see the live performance :D

The MV is awesome, i really like it. Jiyeon's voice is just perfect for this concept <3

Btw, does someone know where we have to watch the video so it counts for music shows? Some people are saying that the one that counts is on KT Music, but i don't know :/

(she is thinking that they’re still together, JUST LIKE PAINKILLER). There are instances where she realises that she’s insane, and all that she lives in is just a facade (she looks into the mirror and the whole house - her world - decolourises). In the last scene, it is showing her finally realising the reality, the asylum room might just be a metaphor.

Credit: http://jiyeon-fanboy.tumblr.com/post/86301753494/lets-be-honest-here-when-i-first-listened-to-the

I was actually thinking the same thing... is this Painkiller's sequel? Was Jiyeon's character committed to the psych ward after a failed suicide attempt?

Also the lyrics 'I want to be with you.. but I'm afraid of you." is a bit creepy in a way. How would you react if you can still see a dead loved one? Will you be happy or will it freak you out? Overall I really love this song & MV but I'm also hoping that CCM will make a dance version. That dark & wet room looks epic.

Also the lyrics 'I want to be with you.. but I'm afraid of you." is a bit creepy in a way. How would you react if you can still see a dead loved one?

My theory is that guy with the umbrella is actually Slenderman and she's been kidnapped by him. This is him btw in case some of you don't know:

slenderman03.jpg

Yup, I think there ain't no face under that umbrella and we've secretly been watching a horror movie :3

JK, I just really like horror and creepy stuff which is why this MV is friggin awesome. XD

@HeraldC: Some one told me the lyric is actually 'I wanna be with you ..but I will pray for you baby..' but I kinda like my original creepy interpretation better :D

Yup, it's actually "I will pray for you, baby" but I like the creepy, misheard version better. You and me both then. Glad to meet a fellow kindred soul. :D

To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed with the song when I first heard it because I feel that using stronger vocals could have taken the song to next level. However, I've liked it since the beginning and it has grown on me with each listen and is now stuck in my head. I'm assuming that they decided to go with the softer vocals to go with the overall mood of the song and the theme of the video. The video itself, in regards to the storyline and the choreography is great. Jiyeon looks absolutely amazing! I can't to see her perform this song!

I personally think that Jiyeon's voice sounds much more natural and amazing in Marionette. If the sound editor or music director was able to allow Jiyeon to sing at that kind of energy, i think it would enhance the feel of the song. But then again I think some might argue that the restrained, controlled voice is actually more fitting for a depressing song. Well I guess it's two types of approach that could have been adopted. At least we all know how strong Jiyeon's vocals have become with her Marionette, even though her voice isn't exactly the best in T-ara and most captivating. One fact that we can't deny is that Jiyeon's vocals are stable and strong to a certain extent, especially through live performances and in MR-removed live perfomances. Cheers! 지연 짱, 티아라 짱! 화이팅!