Diadem Forums

[14.05.23] Jiyeon to modify her

nathaniel

[14.05.23] Jiyeon to modify her “1MIN 1SEC” pelvis dance choreography

3454353245252523.jpg

Jiyeon will edit her sexy pelvis dance move in her “1MIN 1 SEC” choreography.

Jiyeon’s agency Core Contents Media said to OSEN on the 23rd, “In the upcoming performances on music programs, Jiyeon will perform a modified version of her choreography without the sexy pelvic dance move after requests from the public.” On the 22nd, Jiyeon began doing dance practice for a new dance move to replace it.

“1MIN 1SEC” focuses heavily on choreography with a “bat dance” move where she raises her jacket, mirrored dance moves, and a sexy pelvic dance move against a wall.

The edited “1MIN 1SEC” choreography will be changed beginning with MBC’s “Music Core” and SBS’ “Inkigayo”.

Source: http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109858466

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

I have no idea who would be complaining about Jiyeon’s wall dance! But I understand why it will be changed. I personally believe it was the plan all along to edit the choreography after debuting it. With Core Contents Media releasing this news to the public, it only creates more interest towards what the dance move actually was and only gets more people to check out Jiyeon’s “1MIN 1SEC” music video in the end.

I personally think this would not affect the entire choreography much since the pelvis dance is just one of the sexy highlights. I'm guessing Jiyeon would probably do body waves or a short ballet dance of some sort (which explains the ballet concept of her teaser pictures) to replace the pelvis dance. All in all, I doubt the modified parts of the choreography would affect her mysterious and classy sexy image anyway. And like you said, I think it's a strategy to get non-fans to watch the actual MV to find out the original choreography. Can't wait for her next live perfomance!

Does anyone know her next live perf? From what I saw on some FB fan sites, she will appear on music shows consecutively for a few days now(?)

That much is expected. From what I saw the pelvic dance choreo seemed like it can be easily replaced when needed. It didn't require an elaborate props nor does it an intricate move in the first place.

It's actually quite exciting to see what this new choreo would be like. Perhaps one that will better suit Jiyeon's image? While the highlight of the MV seems to be the pelvic dance, my personal favorite is the batgirl dance move. I'm just glad they didn't change that part.

so wait which pelvic dance choreography is getting changed? the one against the wall or during the chorus while her jacket is up

The only pelvic dance is the one against the wall. The batgirl dance was just twisting hip and waist. Basically the wall dance that probably gave several weak-hearted people problems haha.

Luckily Music Bank is having a special today so she has time to work out the new changes. Well, at least we all got to see the awesomeness of the pelvic dance yesterday (170k+ views in a day at Mnet ytube channel!) & hopefully more people will pay attention to her stage tomorrow.

So Jiyeon's pelvic dance is inappropriate but, for example, After School's pole-dancing concept wasn't? How very ... consistent :/

But from what I've read, artists whose songs have 'risque' dance moves often prepare two sets of choreography in advance, so I wouldn't be surprised if CCM had new choreography worked out from before the song's debut.

Does anybody here know how long Jiyeon will be promoting for? ><

Being conservative and old fashioned is not a bad thing. And we do have that great performance she already did. This just means a new different video to watch! More variety of Jiyeon. But if this is too sexy, what about...no I'm not going to say it. Maybe it's just because it is Jiyeon. When she gets that smoldering look on her face then everything she does is sexy.

Korea is pretty conservative country it's not surprise that they want it replaced. I am a guy, even I wasn't crazy about that part, somehow it's not real side of Jiyeon. Even she said that it wasn't her idea, but company pushed it.

Guest alee

Knetz will always look for something to criticize. Wth is wrong with them? That pelvic dance wasn't that sexy, tbh. Other groups did lots more provocative and sexy dance choreo. They just have an issue on Jiyeon and anything that T-ara does. Ughh. They are so immature.

Whatever changes they make, Jiyeon will pull it off! Jiyeon fighting! T-ara fighting! ^^

While I wasn't overly fond of that part of the choregraphy, I'm a bit surprised. Sure it was a bit sexy for conservative tastes, and I'm a bit conservative myself, but I'm pretty sure I've seen even sexier before without any changes being ordered. Ah well.

@Scatter: South Korea is best Korea!

Weird, I really don't feel any vulgar or erotic about it. Well, I'm not really into sexy things. What wowed me was her acting and dancing and singing, dang that expression on her face, her eyes... it was hot and cool to me though (hot and cool? What am I talking? But it does feel like that), so I bet she'll pull it off again :3