Diadem Forums

[PRESS] Eunjung at Korea's Election (06/04)

Loveisallthesame

Just to be helpful, if you have anything to ask about Korean politics, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it (I follow K-politics closely here, probably more than anyone else in this entire site).

I have 2 questions, 1 is a little bit unrelated to this...

1. The elections are only local? like governor?

2. Who was the guy who resigned because of the ferry thing? the president?

Thank you in advance :)

I have 2 questions, 1 is a little bit unrelated to this...

1. The elections are only local? like governor?

2. Who was the guy who resigned because of the ferry thing? the president?

Thank you in advance :)

1) Yes, they're the sixth municipal elections. Aside from governors, it's also elections of various other figures in metropolitan councils and the like.

2) The guy who resigned, as CaptFantasy mentioned, was ROK Prime Minister Jung Hongwon. The position of PM is still left open, though a man named Ahn Daehee (former Supreme Court judge and lawyer) was nominated before he withdrew from it due to raised concerns of alleged corruption related to earned a bit too much during his tenure as a lawyer - at least that's what the opposition party has claimed.

President Park is still in position, and won't be going until four years (unless she's somehow impeached or resigns, though this is very unlikely).

EDIT: for more info regarding the 2014 June municipal elections, refer to these links;

http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2014/06/03/south-koreas-local-election-a-test-for-president/

http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/640699.html

http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/621088.html

http://news.yahoo.com/ferry-tragedy-turns-local-korea-polls-referendum-040104551.html

Just to be helpful, if you have anything to ask about Korean politics, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it (I follow K-politics closely here, probably more than anyone else in this entire site).

LOL...I've never know u follow k-politics bro...Au-politics gives me enough head ache LOL

I'm curious as to which side of the political spectrum the group has actually voted for, or even lean on for that matter.

LOL...I've never know u follow k-politics bro...Au-politics gives me enough head ache LOL

Korea is my native motherland after all, and since politics is so closely tied with history, it gets my attention quite a bit :) From military dictatorships to a democracy, and with a ton of infighting here and there, it makes great entertainment to see the ruling and opposition parties slam it out one another lol.

I'm curious as to which side of the political spectrum the group has actually voted for, or even lean on for that matter.

Korea is my native motherland after all, and since politics is so closely tied with history, it gets my attention quite a bit :) From military dictatorships to a democracy, and with a ton of infighting here and there, it makes great entertainment to see the ruling and opposition parties slam it out one another lol.

Hah....democracy...now that is a never ending topic for me to talk about...like...my homeland...LOL...things never gonna change and no one's gonna stand up...

Hah....democracy...now that is a never ending topic for me to talk about...like...my homeland...LOL...things never gonna change and no one's gonna stand up...

I could probably say the same for Korea lol. In any scenario the two Koreas reunite (which may likely happen in the distant future) or the current rate of politics going the same for 10-20 years, I'm willing to bet $100 that the government will very likely collapse and probably be overthrown by a military coup.