Diadem Forums

[14.06.07] Eunjung to appear on the R-rated sex and relationship jTBC talk show

nathaniel

[14.06.07] Eunjung to appear on the R-rated sex and relationship jTBC talk show “Witch Hunt”

PinExt.png

4574953958353.jpg

It’s been announced that Eunjung will appear on the Friday, June 19th installment of the jTBC talk show “Witch Hunt”. Eunjung will show off her proud and honest charms with the 4MC group (Shin Dongyeob, Sung Sikyung, Heo Jiwoong, Yoo Seyoon).

jTBC made the announcement today (7th) and also revealed that F-ve Dolls member Seunghee will be on it as well.

In regards to it, the “Witch Hunt’ PD said, “We’re cautious to bring female idols onto the show with the 4MC group, but Eunjung and Seunghee seem like two people who will be able to appear and create synergy.”

In the past other female idols such as Jewelry’s Yewon, Brown Eyed Girls’ Gain and Narsha, and Orange Caramel’s Lizzie appeared on the show.

Source: TV Report
Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Reading about the show, which started last year, it sounds pretty good.

They talk frankly about love and relationships in ways that they weren't able to before on TV so this is really a groundbreaking thing for Korea.

It was taken off the air for a while earlier this year because I guess the communications commission of Korea wanted a tape delay instead of a live broadcast so they could edit material they didn't like. That seems to have only made the show more popular. Taeyeon from Girls' Generation says she watches the show regularly though she's afraid to be on it herself. ㅋㅋㅋ

Basically, it's a super popular show in Korea and therefore a good opportunity while Eunjung is great on variety shows because of her intelligence and charisma. I'm assuming we got a hint of what to expect from Eunjung's BNT article where she talks about dating pretty frankly.

More and more, fans want idols to be real people rather than the highly polished images their agencies want them to project and this show seems like a great platform for them to relate to their fans in a way that shows like "Hello Counselor" don't allow for.

Shippers might even expect her to talk about Jiyeon since she's popular right now. :P

Oh, that just got me interested. So, they're covering real topics in this show, huh?

Eunjung is very mature and a well renowned TV persona, I think this show really suits her well. On the bonus point, we might get a chance to see another side of her that was completely unknown before. I'm sure Eunjung's stans is excited right now, I know I did. :D

Also the name "Witch Hunt" is a bit misleading. It's actually a bit of word play.

The 'witch' in the show title doesn’t refer to evil, magical women. It is an abbreviation of the Korean phrase for 'a woman with magical charms,' which is also a homophone for the word “witch.”

Here is a good article detailing the show's style and format.

Each episode has three segments: “Turn on the green light,” “I can hear you lamenting out there” and “Turn off the green light.” This “green light” is a term the show uses that can be best translated as “a good sign of love.”

"The four MCs, along with a group of regular guests, address stories from real-world viewers. “Hello, I am a 20-something and have this wonderful boyfriend,” went one message. “We love to go on trips for several days and he rocks in bed. The thing is, though, I cannot go away for more than one week, because of, well, constipation. But it’s just too embarrassing to say this to him and he has started to misunderstand, saying I’m not loving him enough. What should I do?”

It sounds like a good show addressing personal problems in a mature and understanding yet occasionally humorous way.

This is something Eunjung really does well with since she likes to take care of everyone. ㅋㅋㅋ

I don't know about this show and I'm hearing about it for the first time. Honestly, I'm a bit skeptical about Eunjung appearing on it but if it helps promote her and she's okay and comfortable doing this, then I guess it's okay. I just hope it doesn't go awry, all the best!

wow...that show actually talk about R-rated sex?? well if that's the case Eunjung is an adult so she might turn that show into something funny and hilarious.

But Eunjung is a bit too honest,well that is how I see her. Long Live T-ARA !!!!!

T-ARA is always well received in Korea lately and they will become on top soon~ (^_^)

oh~ it seems really interesting! thank you, Cpt for gathering the info for the show! :)

though that kind of show isn't really new for us here on the west maybe not even there but it's nice that we can get some 'new' view of their culture

I think in a lot of other countries this doesn't get the 19+ rating but Korea's gov't is super uptight about this sort of thing and they make it taboo.

It's the same mindset that got people uncomfortable with Jiyeon's pelvic dance. International fans thought it was no big deal but obviously some people in Korea got very awkward about it.

It's basically a "love advice" show, a bit like "Hello Counselor" but talking about relationship issues and people are loving it!

People call in with their problems while the hosts and guests sound off with their impressions of people's situations.

This show opens up a dialogue that Korean society hasn't really had an opportunity to engage in yet.

"Witch Hunt" represents a very significant and positive shift in Korea's culture. It's pretty cool that Eunjung is going to be a part of this.

Not overly familiar with this type of show, though I have seen a few american/european shows like this when I was younger and I can't say I liked most of them. Maybe it's my selective memory or my religious beliefs that I had back then but they seemed to me that they were a bit, I don't know, weird/awkward/decadent after a while? Call me a prude(or whatever) but that pretty much ruined my impression of shows like this.

But I'm curious to see Eunjung on a show like this so I'll give it a try(when we get english subtitles). Since SK is more conservative it probably won't be too weird either.