Diadem Forums

[INFO] How to Sign Up for MelOn Music Service

CptFantasy

MelOn is Korea's largest music streaming and download service.

Activity on MelOn has a huge impact on Music Chart rankings, up to 50%!

International fans downloading through iTunes however have 0 impact on Korea's charts so in an effort to increase the impact of our support, I've created this document detailing how we can best support T-ARA's activities through MelOn.

03-melon-registration.jpg

cr: CptFantasy +Tiaradiadem

The next step is installing the MelOn player.This topic will be covered tomorrow (140610).

wow! Daebak! thanks for this tutorial... it helps a lot especially Queens international

Thank you!

There's more to come. The MelOn player has some cool features but obviously if you don't read Korean navigation is challenging so I will be providing translations and screen caps in tomorrow's infographic.

The goal is to provide information on how to contribute to digital sales since that is 50% of the ranking criteria and iTunes downloads don't count.

Please feel free to spam/distribute this infographic freely to all Queen's and always promote aggressively. ♥

This needs to be pinned & spread around (maybe also put in the portal for easy tweeting?) and thank you so much for doing it. Also just looking at how much people vote and are interested to websites like MNET international (this week alone there were 293,000++ votes for the M Countdown chart), I was just thinking that Korean music websites are really missing a huge opportunity for profit by not providing an English version of their websites. Just imagine the money they could make if Kpop fans around the world start streaming/downloading from their sites also.

Hmm, it maybe because the security of their Net is not really up to par to the rest of the world. I remember EatYourKimchi explained on their Youtube channel about how Korean websites still uses ActiveX as their security protocol.

Either that or they still believe physical discs will bring more profit to them than digital sales :unsure:

This needs to be pinned & spread around (maybe also put in the portal for easy tweeting?) and thank you so much for doing it. Also just looking at how much people vote and are interested to websites like MNET international (this week alone there were 293,000++ votes for the M Countdown chart), I was just thinking that Korean music websites are really missing a huge opportunity for profit by not providing an English version of their websites. Just imagine the money they could make if Kpop fans around the world start streaming/downloading from their sites also.

Thank you!

That's the goal. Int'l Queen's need to get involved on the Korean services to make their voices heard.

Please spread it around as much as you like/can. ♥

Inforgraphic updated!

Part 2 has been included.

Basically it's a quick guide on how to increase Jiyeon's MelOn rank in the capacity that International Queen's are able to.

As expected, you need a Korean number to buy music from MelOn because they do verification via phone so as much as we want to, we cant give them our money which from a business perspective seems pretty foolish but whatever...

What we can do is stream previews of their albums and give T-ARA 5 of 5 hearts wherever and whenever we can.

The other thing Queen's need to do is watch the official MV near religiously.

To have your views count on youtube however, you have to watch until the end with no skipping, you cant have the sound muted and you have to watch through a web browser so you mobile viewers, don't watch through a YouTube app. Watch with Chrome/Safari/ or other web browser.

Ah, I didn't know youtube app doesn't increase counts. Looks like back to the laptop.

Thanks again Capt for the exhaustive info :)

No problem. Please distribute freely.

You can still view the MV through your mobile's web browser with success but there seems to be some view functionality lost with youtube playing apps. They play the video fine but for whatever reason, the views don't always count.

Hmm question.

1. The player is only Windows supported or is there a Mac version?

2. Can I just stream from the website?

By the way, is just clicking on the heart enough to rate it 5 or need to press on something else as well?

I don't think there's a native Mac app for it. They're mostly PC users in Korea. I could be mistaken though.

You can install the plug in for your browser. You don't need to install the player to give Jiyeon "likes" though. You can just do that through the website.

I may need to update the graphic. There's a button directly beneath the x/5 number. Click that and you can give it 5 stars. Clicking the heart registers a "like" which is a different function.

I don't think there's a native Mac app for it. They're mostly PC users in Korea. I could be mistaken though.

You can install the plug in for your browser. You don't need to install the player to give Jiyeon "likes" though. You can just do that through the website.

I may need to update the graphic. There's a button directly beneath the x/5 number. Click that and you can give it 5 stars. Clicking the heart registers a "like" which is a different function.

Hmm i thought so. Well too bad about no native Mac apps. Looks like I'm stuck on the PC then

THanks Capt, will be waiting on the update for the stars

The other thing Queen's need to do is watch the official MV near religiously.

To have your views count on youtube however, you have to watch until the end with no skipping, you cant have the sound muted and you have to watch through a web browser so you mobile viewers, don't watch through a YouTube app. Watch with Chrome/Safari/ or other web browser.

Just to add... If you don't have time to watch it over and over and over again on Youtube:

1. Install a page reloader add-on for your browser (it reloads the whole page not just the video)
  2. Set it to to reload the page every several minutes or so (ex: 1Min1Sec is around 4:20, set it to reload every 5 minutes to play the song completely. The extra time is to accomodate youtube advertorials).
  3. Plug-out/turn-off your speakers or mute the sound for your entire PC (not on the youtube video)
  4. Voila you have created a youtube auto-viewing machine, so now you can finally leave your computer and sleep.

Youtube also gives more points for activities so please click the share buttons (google+, twitter, fb), make the video your favorite, comment, thumb-up positive comments & thumb-down or even report negative comments.

If you don't have time to watch it over and over and over again on Youtube:

1. Install a page reloader add-on for your browser (it reloads the whole page not just the video)
  2. Set it to to reload the page every several minutes or so (ex: 1Min1Sec is around 4:20, set it to reload every 5 minutes to play the song completely. The extra time is to accomodate youtube advertorials).
  3. Plug-out/turn-off your speakers or mute the sound for your entire PC (not on the youtube video)
  4. Voila you have created a youtube auto-viewing machine, so now you can finally leave your computer and sleep.

Youtube also gives more points for activities so please click the share buttons (google+, twitter, fb), make the video your favorite, comment, thumb-up positive comments & thumb-down or even report negative comments.

Hmm interesting. Currently I'm just using a Youtube Playlist that plays once. Once in awhile i would checkup on it and then play it back once found out the playlist already ends. Quite cumbersome but the only way i could think of at that time.

Is the page reloader and app.extension that is available on firefox? or do i have to migrate to chrome?

Ok managed to install MelOn Player and manage to get Jiyeon's album playing. Now questions

1. How do they keep the count? Do I have to keep it playing over and over?

2. How do I save it as a playlist?

Let me get back to you on the playlist but what I do know is you can play a track once an hour and have it count but it apparently only counts one each hour so if you play Never Ever 10 times in an hour it will only count one.

Let me get back to you on the playlist but what I do know is you can play a track once an hour and have it count but it apparently only counts one each hour so if you play Never Ever 10 times in an hour it will only count one.

Currently what happen in the player is just for Jiyeon's album. However I'm planning to have other recently released T-ara's songs in the playlist as well.

Hi Captain Fantasy,

Do you mind posting the infographic again from a different image hoster? i.imgur.com is blocked in my country. I can access it from my office's (it has a u.s. proxy) but not at home (this also goes for a lot of your excellent gifs). Thanks

I've updated the original inforgraphic with the correct data and hosted from Wordpress.

Here is a mirror from minus.com:

http://i.minus.com/iU2mPkoONXNPb.jpg

Thanks so much Captain. Oh yeah just a suggestion maybe you can also mention that MelOn allows us to have multiple accounts per email address & how to log-out (so we can log-in again with a new name ~it took me several minutes to find that damn log-out button). This won't help in the streaming count but this could help boost the star rating.