Diadem Forums

[14.06.12] Video - Hyomin Solo Debut Teaser

ily_shannon

The video teaser is out already? I figured it's today at 7PM KST. Oh well :D

This should be interesting, the song doesn't have much.. I don't know how to put it in words... Substance? :unsure: Not a bad thing really, just means that the vocals have to be really good to overcome the simpleness of the song which means Hyomin pretty sure can pull off :)

And Hyomin being playful is not good for my heart <3 <3 <3

All I can say from that teaser is... I don't like it at all.

I know Hyomin's had short hair in the past, but for this one, I'm not quite liking it.

Seems playful, to me at least, I was thinking it'd be a more sexy or even cutesy image. Although I know Jiyeon did the Sexy image so that Hyomin wouldn't be doing that as well.

Well time to await for the full MV before I make my final judgement.

Hmm come to think of it Capt, you have apoint there. The video in Hyomin's Twitter is from dispatch. A miscommunication somrwhere?

Well it's a done deal now and people are watching it so the problem is CCM's to deal with.

Hopefully CCM and Hyomin get credit for those views.

In any event, I'm excited for the MV and promotions. :)

Soompi, tell me where I can buy an autographed copy!

Well it's a done deal now and people are watching it so the problem is CCM's to deal with.

Hopefully CCM and Hyomin get credit for those views.

I'm guessing Hyomin doesn't realise she don't benefit from the video over at dispatch's channel? I'm quite sure that since rankings are so strict, probably only official video releases would count. I honestly think there's a miscomm or some sort. Anyway, Hyomin's teaser looks as lack luster as Jiyeon's first teaser video. One thing I exceptionally like is the use of bright colours as compared to Jiyeon's dark theme. I'm thinking this solo will be pretty fun (pretty & pretty fun, ok don't mind me) both of which are Hyomin's traits :) As much as the teaser might seem underwhelming, I'm sure it's just another one of CCM's tricks or promoting gimmicks to surprise viewers with the end-product.

Let's just hope that this mistake is just us overthinking it. For all we know, it might still be counted since dispatch can be considered as an 'official source' for celeb news in South Korea right?

Let's just hope that this mistake is just us overthinking it. For all we know, it might still be counted since dispatch can be considered as an 'official source' for celeb news in South Korea right?

I think that's just me being wrong here. Hyomin and CCM know the business far better than I do.

I'll just be quiet and hide behind Jiyeon's wall for a moment.

Edit: The Dispatch video has now been marked private.

I would want to hide behind her wall any time too :P

I think that's just me being wrong here. Hyomin and CCM know the business far better than I do.

I'll just be quiet and hide behind Jiyeon's wall for a moment.

Edit: The Dispatch video has now been marked private.

So it was indeed a leak. There are even behind the scene pictures before the official release of the first teaser video... Is it a similar gimmick as Apple before an iPhone launch?

I would want to hide behind her wall any time too :P

So it was indeed a leak. There are even behind the scene pictures before the official release of the first teaser video... Is it a similar gimmick as Apple before an iPhone launch?

CCM released the teaser pic on twitter earlier and Naver ran the news article with the BTS photos around the same time but pics are an entirely different situation than MV's and teasers because the latter have an impact on the artists' rankings.

Soompi, tell me where I can buy an autographed copy!

oh well.. give me some news about authographed copy too.. i MUST buy it! :lol:

just enjoy the MV.. i must say i love it much since hyomin give some smile on that video :D

oo can't wait for the full MV released..

btw we can watch it later on ccm official youtube right?

CCM released the teaser pic on twitter earlier and Naver ran the news article with the BTS photos around the same time but pics are an entirely different situation than MV's and teasers because the latter have an impact on the artists' rankings.

Oh I didn't know Naver news can affect ranking as well. How do they keep/track the points then?

Oh I didn't know Naver news can affect ranking as well. How do they keep/track the points then?

Official MV Teasers and MV's on youtube affect rank. News articles do not.

Dispatch posted an unofficial teaser.

oh well.. give me some news about authographed copy too.. i MUST buy it! :lol:

just enjoy the MV.. i must say i love it much since hyomin give some smile on that video :D

oo can't wait for the full MV released..

btw we can watch it later on ccm official youtube right?

CCM is going to release the Official MV Teaser on Youtube channel Coremidas @ 7PM KST tonight.

Based on previous experiences though, I think CCM would probably release it earlier, probably in 2-3 hours time. Since I'm sure they're aware of the leaked video, a smart choice would be to release it earlier so that people will start watching the official one.

Previous teasers have been posted by Dispatch in advance as well. It's no huge problem at all to be honest, CCM and even Hyomin know it. It's further media attention for them.

With how things work, a good chance CCM just hands Dispatch the videos.

So this was a teaser for the teaser?

CCMception!

edit: Video is back up.

So this was a teaser for the teaser?

CCMception!

edit: Video is back up.

I might be wrong but CCM's youtube might actually have a lesser outreach to Koreans as compared to dispatch.co.kr, which would explain why CCM might actually be harnessing on dispatch's audience. In a way I would say, is a rather ingenious tactic and might not actually harm the ratings and views of their own official release on their own yt channel. Afterall, fans would know that views on their yt channel would boost Hyomin's ratings right? Especially the Korean fans, doubt they will watch/replay/stream videos that do not contribute to their idols' ratings.

Official MV Teasers and MV's on youtube affect rank. News articles do not.

Dispatch posted an unofficial teaser.

CCM is going to release the Official MV Teaser on Youtube channel Coremidas @ 7PM KST tonight.

So it's a good time to spam/replay the teasers as well then? :D

I second Zee, I think CCM just wants as many media exposure as possible. Confusing, yes, but we don't really know about the business parts do we? If Hyomin tweeted this, then it's good enough for me.

On the other note, this teaser hardly tells what the song would sounds like. I do like the costumes, though. Just wish that her hair can be a little bit longer.