Diadem Forums

[14.06.14] Jiyeon,

Elly

[14.06.14] Jiyeon, “My satisfaction towards my solo promotions is 50 out of 100″.

download.jpeg

Jiyeon sat with TVDaily on the 13th to express her feelings towards her first solo promotions for ’1MIN1SEC’ coming to an end.

“Even though my solo promotions are already coming to an end next week, I was [really happy] to receive a lot of support and interest [from the public]. I’m happy because I’m able to finish my promotions in a good light,” Jiyeon said as she spoke with TVDaily before a music program broadcast.

“Because this is my first time [doing solo promotions], I’m going to give myself 50 points out of 100,” Jiyeon said after she was asked to rank her solo promotions. Additionally, she says, “In the event that I’m given another chance to do solo activities, I would like to be able to fill the remaining 50 points, [to deliver a perfect performance].”

“At first, it’s hard not to worry about [going solo]. As someone who normally performs in a group, doing activities alone like this can sometimes make you lonely,” Jiyeon says as she recalls her promotions when they first started, “But then, being inside the waiting rooms and being able to promote solo along with my other unnis (Jeon Hyosung, etc.) helped me get to know them better and become closer with them. Hanging out in the waiting rooms with them was a lot of fun.”

As Jiyeon’s solo promotions comes to an end, she tells us that T-ara is working on their comeback. “We’re currently learning Chinese during our downtime,” she says, “Since we are preparing to promote [there as well], we want to equip ourselves with the basics so we can learn more about China. We’re also learning how to ride skateboards (?) for exercise.”

Written by: Kang Hyojin @ TVDaily
Translated by: Elly @ Diadem

I want to say her performance should warrant at least a 70 out of 100 but oh well, she's trying to be humble and set the standards high for herself so she'll continue to work harder to achieve greater results.

Learning Chinese??? During my trip to South Korea, I managed to run into some Koreans that could speak Mandarin fairly well. As someone learning Korean, I would say Mandarin and Korean are pretty much similar. I would love to see them speak Mandarin to fans but just worried if learning Japanese and Mandarin would be too demanding for the girls. I guess learning about Chinese culture would require some form of language understanding as well. Can't wait for their group come back :D

Guest Higara

It was a great solo debut. Our girls are getting back to normal thanks to this effort. I'm sure it's a matter of time that our girls grab the crown again. 5ting!

Jiyeon is really, super humble. She should give herself like...a 500/100 or something, idk. seriously, she's like...the most accomplished of all the current soloist right now. Give yourself a break, kid. Enjoy life / YOLO / Carpe Diem. XD

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Jiyeon took a few months to learn that pelvis(?) swinging move and it got changed because netizens didnt like it. Also it is a new concept so maybe she is not comfortable with it. Anyway Jiyeon noona don't think too much you did well (very, for a first) so HWAITING! XD

• 1 month later...