Diadem Forums

[VOTE] 2014 Mwave K-Pop Star World Championship

Hitomi Hagiwara

Wait, what happened on soompi? I don't usually visit/vote on those sites/polls...

I'm not quite sure about the details since I only heard ppl talk about it. Apparently one of the polls we're leading on suddenly changed overnight, similar to what happened in AKP. And since this site is known to be biased...well, you guess it. :/

Update: July 27 - 2:30 AM KST

BtfLPtLCQAAHPZ3.jpg

CR: http://mwave.interes...hampionship2014

Keep up the voting! 2 days left!

Update: We now have a lead of over 90,000 votes! Amazing job Queen's!

Update: July 27 - 2:30 PM KST

wJrRxVG.jpg

CR: http://mwave.interes...hampionship2014

Keep up the voting! 33 hours 30 minutes left!

Update: July 28 - 1:20 AM KST

7OSCThc.jpg

Update: July 28 - 3:46 AM KST

BtklhKyCYAAGNXQ.png

In a little over 2 hours, T-ARA got almost 4000 votes!

T-ARA's lead is now over 100,000!!

July 28 - 6:18 KST

T-ARA is now up by 101,000 votes. :)

July 28 - 9:30 KST

T-ARA is now up by 102,000 votes. :)

Btl8MfBCYAAEg2W.png

I don't want to be presumptuous since the contest isn't over yet, but if Infinite can only muster 84,000 votes in 10 days, their chances of getting 102,000 votes in the next 15 hours seems relatively low.

Update: July 28 - 2:00 PM KST

T-ARA is now up by 103,000 votes. 10 hours left. I think we can start celebrating. :)

We did it!

BtqCD6xCMAAfARc.jpg

On the day before T-ARA's 5th anniversary, it really couldn't be any other way.

I recall during the 1st round vs. Super Junior things were looking really uncertain with

constant lead changes, point swings of over 20,000 votes and even a system crash

on the last day of voting but Queen's never quit.

While this was happening, Jiyeon and Hyomin won the M Countdown voting several

times over Korea, Global and Japan sites. Queen's have consistently demonstrated

we are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to the online votes which is exactly

how it should be. Together, we can do great things!

11 days later it seems silly that I was concerned about T-ARA being behind by 1000 votes on the first day. :P

We did it!

On the day before T-ARA's 5th anniversary, it really couldn't be any other way.

I recall during the 1st round vs. Super Junior things were looking really uncertain with

constant lead changes, point swings of over 20,000 votes and even a system crash

on the last day of voting but Queen's never quit.

While this was happening, Jiyeon and Hyomin won the M Countdown voting several

times over Korea, Global and Japan sites. Queen's have consistently demonstrated

we are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to the online votes which is exactly

how it should be. Together, we can do great things!

11 days later it seems silly that I was concerned about T-ARA being behind by 1000 votes on the first day. :P

But honestly, it's really starting to look very good for T-ara.

I'm almost certain that their next comeback will slay. And i hope they will win on music shows again like before. I don't know if i'm just dreaming but i really wish to see that happen again.

Oh...I'm so happy. We made it Queen's. This is the best gift for our beloved T-ara. Especially at their anniversary. Thanks to all. I think i want to do celebration dance. hahahaha. :D:D:D

Oh ya....i want to see T-ara at the top of the world. that my wish. Kasahamnida to all of you for voting everyday. <3 <3 <3 from me.

If anyone wants to know how the vote between Jiyeon and Hyomin went Hyomin won by 1 vote.

http://mwave.interest.me/poll/video/vote.m?poll_seq=92

Queen's organized an effort to split the vote 50%/50% and only missed the goal by one vote which is actually pretty remarkable.

In the end, the result page says 50% / 50% which in itself is a victory because in a divisive poll, Queen's united to show equal support for both Hyomin and Jiyeon.

It also showed solidarity as a fan base from many parts of the world.

That's a victory for everyone in my book.

If you voted for T-ARA during the 2014 Kpop Star Championship, you may have won a prize from MNet!

Check this link to MNet's Notice Board. If you appear in the list you have won a $10 credit to MNet's store!

http://mwave.interest.me/notice/noticedetail.m?searchFrontNoticeVO.board_no=151770

In addition, here is MNet's writeup on the event:

With the World Cup coming up, we here at Mwave decided that there′s been so many great acts lately in the K-Pop scene - so we′re holding our very own 2014 Mwave K-Pop Star World Championship!

We′re excited to announce the close of the 2014 Mwave K-Pop Star World Championship - and our winner is none other than...

61843583.jpg

T-ara!

The girl group pulled ahead with 191,441 votes for the final round, with a total of 530,865 votes for the entire tournament!

In second place was INFINITE, who earned 85,772 for the final round and 176,321 votes total, with Shinhwa in 3rd, with a total of 74,718 votes.

We'll be awarding T-ARA Infinite and Shinhwa with a special Gold, Silver and Bronze prize, and of course, T-ARA will be known as Mwave's 2014 K-Pop Star World Champion until our next tournament!

Congratulations T-ara!
Photo credit: Mwave