Diadem Forums

[14.08.01] Interview - Hyomin features in a scenic photoshoot and interview for KWAVE Magazine

craZy

[14.08.01] Interview - Hyomin features in a scenic photoshoot and interview for KWAVE Magazine

KWAVE magazine released their August 2014 issue featuring our Hyomin looking one with nature in a lush green setting. Hyomin was as well interviewed on her solo debut and talks about the story behind each of the songs on her mini album. Check out the interview below!

Hyomin is the second-runner from T-ara to make a debut as a solo artist. She completely changed her style ranging from her short blonde bob hairstyle to outfit, songs, and choreography, accomplishing a look that is different from Ji-yeon, the other member of the group who made a solo debut beforehand.

Hyomin: As a rapper with T-ara, I tend to show a tougher side of myself so I was not able to show my bright and cheerful
side. Through performances as a solo artist, I want to show the energetic and jolly sides of me.

As a well-known fashionista, she expressed her opinions on every aspect of her first solo album from the concept, choreography, to music video which has resulted in a perfected stage performance. Brave Brothers, the composer, wrote a slow-tempo hip-hop song with a groovy organ for the lead single Nice Body". The lyrics depict a girl's desire to look good for the guys. LOCO, a talented rapper, featured in the song for the ultimate collaboration.

Hyomin: Since the title of my song was Nice Body", I was pressured to have such body. After thinking about which diet to be on, I chose to do a cross-fit workout accompanied with lemon detox. It was stressful to be on a diet while working out so hard, but I did feel my body getting healthier. Because the lyrics of the song call for the desire to be on diet, it helped me to be persistent with my workout."

Hyomin took her first steps as a singer-songwriter by composing a song for the album. Dam utilizes retro sounds with intro effects and guitar lines. The title has a double meaning of story, and strong spirit with a progressive soul. Every line in the lyrics project a message that she wanted to put out. Hyomin: The song delivers a message of courage to overcome difficult times. I hope the song will heal and give strength to bear the pain that my fans and many others have." Singer-songwriter Chakun from the veteran Electroboys of the team Brave helped Hyomin with Fake It", a medium-tempo hip-hop song. The song is about a woman's painful attempt to hide her heartbreak and pretend to be okay in front of a lover who left her. You will have chance to fully enjoy Hyomin's singing ability through Fake It".

Hyomin: My goal with the album is to give people the chance to think there is something new about me, a girl named Hyomin, that I can portray different kinds of appeal. Rather than being nervous, I did my best to be ready with the performance that I can enjoy on stage. Please root for me and my song, Nice Body, and look forward to the upcoming T-ara album."

Check out the photoshoot here: