Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Should T-ara postpone their comeback?

scheduleX

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should T-ara postpone their comeback?

• Postpone
    • Continue to promote
    • If they continue to promote, they receive more hate.
    • If they continue to promote, they will not be affected.

T-ara's comeback date this year is unfortunately dated. As it has been breaking all over the Kpop news, the tragic traffic accident that had caused two members from Ladies' Code to pass away. Share with your opinion on this, as I have read many comments starting to criticise their comeback, and from the way they wrote so far, many of them didn't sound like haters. 11 Sept, is it a really good timing? It is already being so obvious that it clashes with 911, and now something tragic also happened. If they continue to promote, will T-ara being bashed with more hate?

But as for my opinion, they should continue to promote same for all other artists, that shows the strength and determination of the Kpop industry, shouldn't be breaking down like that, its not their fault after all.

No other groups have postponed any part of their schedules but they acknowledge the tragedy and pay their respects.

Taewoon from SPEED made a controversial but cogent tweet the other day.

He was upset that people were buying Ladies' Code to try to get them to #1 after Eunb died. Certainly it was a kind hearted gesture from fans but Taewoon's critique was that people weren't paying much attention to Ladies' Code before the tragic accident despite the good music they were making.

He emphasized the importance of celebrating the ones who are with us today in this moment.

Just because T-ARA's comeback is less than a week away doesn't mean that T-ARA and Queen's don't mourn the passing of Eunb and RiSe.

Bw6HRyQCUAEGlI_.jpg

Eunjung, Jisook and RiSe @ Idol Athletic Championships

It's important to pay respect to those who are no longer with us but it's also important to show love to those who are here now. The two acts are not mutually exclusive. We'll remember RiSe and Eunb for the music they made and the joy they brought to their fans as we hope for the surviving victims' swift healing and recovery.

We'll also love T-ARA and support them as much as we possibly can.

I honestly think tara should still promote

Yes its really sad and no one else stopped. And not just that. We are all sad. But now its like people are using ladies code to hate on tara. I read how people already hated because tara released a teaser. Honestly, people die everyday but that means they should stop everyday. People are mourning but its still no use

I truly wouldn't mind it, but I feel it would have little to no affect.

It's safe enough to move with the rest of the crowd so to say, as other groups carry on their activities and indeed, this in no way means T-ara or anyone are being disrespectful.

In regards to 911, please note in Korea the choosing of this date is not really so frowned upon. Look at it in this perspective, when the anniversary of the Sewol incident comes, it will be remembered in Korea, other countries wouldn't really be holding memorials would they? Similarly for any major incidents exclusive to specific countries. Once again, clearly not done with even the thought of possible disrespect to anyone.

I agree with Capt. The Ladies' Code members' passing should not affect other groups in terms of activities and schedules. It is a disaster and tragedy that deserves sensitivity and condolences but I personally don't see the need to actually postpone any promotions. On the other hand, if it is a nation-wide kind of disaster like the ferry incident, it would definitely deserve a postponement.

EunB and RiSe's passing is indeed a pity and loss for the KPOP industry. Various fandoms have paid their respects and done their part in sending condolences and trending hash tags on Twitter and the likes of SNS to spread awareness about the incident. I believe that's more than what one would expect from fandoms that have nothing to gain from doing all these little gestures for the group and its fandom. Don't get me wrong, T-ARA should still promote but not at the expense of being insensitive to anything related to the incident that can be derived from their MV and song.

Ok. If only all the kpop groups that are scheduled to have a comeback in the same month as T-ara postponed theirs.

I mean come on,do you really think it's the right thing to do if only T-ara 'should' postpone their comeback when all other groups continue to promote...and for what reason? Disrespect? rude?

and yes,no one said that nor mentioned it...but isn't that what the other fandoms said about T-ara?

T-ara should follow with their plan on this one and make a comeback.

I think they should just carry on with their promotions. Haters who determine to hate on T-ara for what they believe the girls did won't change their mind just because T-ara postpone their comeback out of respect for LC.

As for the public, they may hear about the news and feel sad, but accidents happen and people die everyday, so they would carry on with their lives like before. In regards to other Kpop fans, I'm sure they feel the blow of the news, but give them a few days, they will recover from it and back to enjoy Kpop again.

Regarding 9/11, I think CCM purposely chose a date that no one could forget.

Nah. Nope. I don't see any reason why it should be postponed and everyone above me already stated the reason.

Basically,

1) All artists carry on with their schedule, does that mean everyone being disrespectful?

2) Tragedy happen everyday, even though they're not as famous as 911. 14th April is the day of Titanic sinking so everyone shouldn't comeback on 14th April? Who can guarantee there's a no-tragedy day when we have roughly 196 country all with different history?

3) Honestly, what difference does it make?

Let's forget we're talking about T-ara and look at things in general perspective. People are always looking for things to complain about because their life is not interesting. If they actually had things to do other than sitting in front of a computer all day, they won't be complaining as much.

My first thought was "Please postpone the comeback" just because i didn't want K-netizens to have something to hate on. Then i looked at it again and to be honest, now i think they should just carry on with their promotions. At this rate even if T-ara rescues a kitten from a burning building K-netizens would still find something to hate about.

It's definitely a tragic thing what happened to EunB and RiSe but just like everyone said all other artists just carried on with their promotions, why should T-ara postpone?

I think this issue can only come up among T ara's fanbase because we know that our girls are perpetually under the microscope of the army of anti's out there.  But as has been pointed out, other groups are carrying on with their promotions so there should be no need for our girls to delay.  They are being properly respectful and that is all that matters.  But then regardless of what our girls do, they will be criticized.  Jealousy does strange things.