Diadem Forums

[14.09.23] T-ara release music video for English version of #SUGARFREE.. and tease possible international club tour in October?

nathaniel

[14.09.23] T-ara release music video for English version of #SUGARFREE.. and tease possible international club tour in October?

34598735893.jpg

T-ara stands with their limited edition “Sugar Free” album in the above image.

Various global leading DJs have participated in creating remixes for the special album. Domestic DJs such as DJ Ferry, DJ Beatrappa, and DJ Dion have participated as well as DJ Big Bounce and Monster Factory.

The top Dutch DJ known as DJ Chuckie (who has worked on remixes with Michael Jackson and LMFAO) has also participated.

The special album with remixes of “Sugar Free” will be released on the 24th and all of the remixes have unique and original music. There was also a brief mention of an international club tour with DJ Chuckie’s and Sugar Free, but there wasn’t information about if T-ara will join this tour. There will be additional information revealed early next month.

The special album will have 18 different EDM remixes and includes a limited edition English version. The music video for DJ Ferry’s remix has been released and is posted above.

Source: http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109961469

Cr: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Great! I watched the music video. I like the song but I by far prefer the original version. The music video seems interesting at first but needs more variety and all six members though. 18 remixes is better than 13 and I hope they do a big tour for Sugar Free. The album packaging looks great.

"The special album will have 18 different EDM remixes and includes a limited edition English version."

Does this mean that there will be two physical versions for sale? I will have to make sure that I buy the limited edition.

Remember in August 2012 that Korean pop girl group Exid released their title track I Feel Good? The mini-album also included a club remix and there was a music video for that. Shinsadong Tiger was the original composer for I Feel Good (and Sugar Free). There are some similarities between both songs and both club remix videos. I wonder if Shinsadong Tiger has any other songs that are very similar to I Feel Good and Sugar Free?

I just watched the music video a second time and I like the song and video both more than before. I think it would be great if they released these remixes on vinyl records as well, although there has been no news about that. It's too bad that only Qri and Eunjung were in the video, I suppose everybody else was busy. But this is a music video, it seems important for everybody to be there?

Youtube's Coremidas channel just released the official upload of the same video:

Check out the likes vs dislikes in the official video upload, and the one in the original post. The reviews are pretty high for this music video and remix! :-)

Edit:

Check out the other thread on this too:

http://www.tiaradiadem.com/forums/topic/28017-130923-video-t-ara-sugar-free-eng-club-mix/

Edit:

Here's a great reaction video (from Mike Kpop Reaction) to the music video that was just released:

He says near the end that the 2012 scandal brought him closer to T-ara and made him more of a fan and he loves T-ara!

I have finished watching the remix video and it was incredible.  And DJ Ferry did an awesome job on his remix, making the song more awesome.  And by the way, did ya'll hear that?  We will finally be hearing the remixes in full when the remix album comes out tomorrow.  So yeah, that'll be worth the wait.  We will spazz hard for sure when we hear the remixes and the epic English version of the song

Thank you so much for posting the video and information about the release of the remix album! Although I normally never purchase remix albums, I will certainly be purchasing this album as I love this remix and Sugar Free in general, so I need every version of the song I can get, lol. I hope they also include the BigRoom version of Sugar Free since it was only available digitally and not on the physical "AND&END" album. 

I don't know why but I was hoping that the english version wouldn't be a remix, that it would be the english version of the original(like SNSD with 'The boys'). Ah well, it's pretty neat as a remix, though the english was a bit hard to understand. I have to say that their pronunciation was pretty good, better than I expected.

The remix album will be released on the Beatport website. It will come out on September 24th Korean time. It's 9:30am in Korea right now. I wonder if it will be released at noon. I read something about there being a limited edition, but am not sure what that meant. Maybe what it means is that you can buy the album as a download or as a cd, and that the cd will be limited quantities.

Qri_SBS_MTV_The_Show_140923.jpg
Eunjung_Blue_Dress.jpg

Edit:

Here's a great recent clip of the members playing a rock paper scissors type game. Watch for a super special surprise from 2:32 to 2:36!

A new official remix is released!

T-ARA (티아라) - Sugarfree (DJ Beatrappa, Ferry, Tera) (Eng.) - [EDM Club Sugar Free Edition]

This is great! I wonder if it's the same remix that was in one of the teaser videos, the one where the guy screamed? The Youtube video image shows new artwork! Maybe this uploader bought this somewhere already? Or leaked it?

EDIT:

Here's the playlist:

01.Sugarfree (DJ Beatrappa, Ferry, Tera) (Eng.)
02.Sugarfree (DJ Ferry) (Eng.)
03.Sugarfree (DJ Big Bounce) (Eng.)
04.Sugarfree (DJ Dion) (English Ver.)
05.Sugarfree (DJ Jeffrey Choi) (English Ver.)
06.Sugarfree (DJ Phatsound) (English Ver.)
07.Sugarfree (Monster Factory) (English Ver.)
08.Sugarfree (Original Edit) (English Ver.)
09.Sugarfree (DJ Beatrappa, Ferry, Tera) (Korean Ver.)
10.Sugarfree (DJ Ferry) (Korean Ver.)
11.Sugarfree (DJ Big Bounce) (Korean Ver.)
12.Sugarfree (DJ Dion) (Korean Ver.)
13.Sugarfree (DJ Jeffrey Choi) (Korean Ver.)
14.Sugarfree (DJ Phatsound) (Korean Ver.)
15.Sugarfree (Monster Factory) (Korean Ver.)
16.Sugarfree (Original Edit) (Korean Ver.)

It shows English and Korean versions of eight remixes. It only shows 16 tracks not 18. I guess the regular online download will be these 16 tracks and they will release a limited edition physical cd with the full 18 tracks (which may also be available for online download). This is a great remix but too bad we are kinda getting less remixes than expected. What do you think of the remix?

EDIT:

I'm refreshing all these sites for more info: Tiaradiadem Front Page, Tiaradiadem Forums, T-ara World, Allkpop, Beatport, Youtube, and another site. For Youtube I sort by date uploaded and search for:

("t-ara" | "티아라")

Check out the Youtube channel for the video, this uploader uploaded the remix that was in the music video! This person has the album! We want it too! :-O

EDIT:

Melon has released the album for sale:

http://www.melon.com/album/detail.htm?albumId=2283336

I am on the lookout for the limited edition physical cd release. I'm keeping an eye on Beatport. I keep editing and updating this post so refresh this thread.

Keep an eye on this channel, the uploader (rhwodmsMusic Chart ll) is currently uploading the tracks:

EDIT:

The first two remixes ruled! I'm listening to the third remix and it's great also! Is anybody out there?  :)

EDIT:

Bugs has released the album for sale:

http://music.bugs.co.kr/album/453115

I haven't checked other Korean music sites yet.

So far the first six tracks have been uploaded on that channel and they all sound great! I will buy the album but I believe that there is a limited edition 18 track cd, correct? I'm waiting for that and will buy it. I see that track seven is now online on that Youtube channel so I'm loading it now.

Track eight is the English version of the original song, it should be exciting!

EDIT:

Girls' Generation's new Japanese title track just got leaked and/or released on OneHallyu, but I won't listen yet since I'm super focused on T-ara right now!

Track eight is uploaded now. It's the English version of the original edit, and it's great!  :o

EDIT:

Track 16 is uploaded on the channel. It's not the Korean "Big Room" version that they perform on music shows as I expected. It's a long version of the regular Korean version. It's the long version of track two from their mini-album. It's really great!

When they release the limited edition 18 track cd version of this remix album, I wonder what the other two tracks will be. Maybe it will be the English and Korean versions of another remix. Or maybe it will be the Korean "Big Room" that they perform on music shows plus it's either it's instrumental or a different new track. I hope it's the Korean "Big Room" version and it's instrumental, from the And&End mini-album.

This album is amazing, and one of the greatest Korean pop albums I've ever heard. All T-ara fans should immediately buy it and support T-ara! :-)

Edited by amandametal
Please do not post official audio.

That's a pretty good photo! There should be one for this photo I think as well:

T_ara_Number_9.jpg

By each person it would be good if it listed their name, age, and roles in the group (like main vocalist).

Are you buying the remix album? Can anybody confirm that there is a limited edition 18 track cd coming out? I downloaded the mp3's from the Youtube channel already, using 4k Video Downloader, but will buy the physical album when it's released.

Track 16 is my favorite, then track 8. After this would probably be track 2 or track 10. What is everybody's favorite track on the remix album?

This is what the cd looks like:

ByTjB34CYAEAmDV.jpg

I'm trying to buy it but it hasn't been released yet I think. There is a giveaway to win a copy of the cd, but it may be finished now:

BySuZtfCYAAQ34Q.jpg

Great! I bought the And&End album but am waiting for it to arrive. I wanted to buy the limited edition with a poster in a tube but it was sold out on YesAsia. I am thinking of buying the poster separately on Ebay. I'm also thinking of buying And&End again since they are selling copies with all six member autographs here:

http://mwave.interest.me/meetgreet/view/97

What items of these four is everybody buying?

Sugar Free is #4 on the Billboard World's Digital Songs chart, and And&End is #12 on the World Albums Chart, from the September 27th chart. I believe that I'm not allowed to post a link but there is a thread about this in the music sub-forum on OneHallyu. Congratulations T-ara!

I still want to buy the physical cd, which I believe has 18 tracks. Does anybody know how I can buy it? I believe that they have not released recent news about it's sale. I hope it's not like printed in only 100 copies or something, since I want it. Meanwhile, T-ara's new remix album is still not yet released on Beatport. Anchang please message DJ Ferry about this since you have Facebook and/or Soundcloud accounts? Then we can update the T-ara fans here in this post.

That picture says that only 500 copies were made unfortunately. I will have to find a website or some way to buy this album from somebody. Maybe somebody can message DJ Ferry please and ask for more information. I'm also interested if he says if it's 18 tracks not 16. How are they going to strongly promote this cd in Usa if it's not available on cd or vinyl or online download on iTunes/Beatport/Amazon/Etc? Has CCM released any other information?

I really hope there is a "physical" Remix CD for sale?!?!

It would be such a shame and a dishonor for that BEAUTIFUL BOXED CD not to be available for the masses?!

With our MV, Songs, and Album topping Charts around the World ......this REMIX will be the crème de LA crème for this 10th Album Release!!!

A new remix and instrumental has been released! They also announced a 7000 copies limited edition physical CD for the remix album!

http://tiaradiadem.com/2014/10/t-ara-reveal-new-sugarfree-remix-with-the-netherlands-top-dj-dj-chuckie-and-reveal-new-physical-album-release

I like the remix and the instrumental. It's a bit different from the other official remixes and is closer to an instrumental. I want the upcoming 7000 copies remix album! I wonder if it will be the exact same thing as the limited edition physical cd they already made for the remix album, which had I think 500 copies, and which 10 people won in a couple online contests. It appears that we can't get that version, and if that's the case, it won't be a big deal if this upcoming 7000 copies version is exactly the same. If the 7000 copies version is something "lower quality" (less tracks, worse packaging, less stuff inside the case), I'll be annoyed because I was trying to spend money to buy the original 500 copies version.

What do you think? I hope they announce more information on this. How many tracks are on each of the two cd's? Any other differences?