Diadem Forums

[14.09.28] T-ara sign $5 million USD contract to begin entry into Chinese market

nathaniel

[14.09.28] T-ara sign $5 million USD contract to begin entry into Chinese market

201409291048001210_1.jpg

T-ara has revealed their plans to enter into China.

Following the immense popularity of the Hallyu Wave, Newsen has revealed that T-ara, who are one of the most popular K-pop groups in China, has signed a contract with the Chinese management company Longzhen Culture Development. The company also supports artists such as Andy Lau, A-mei, and Jacky Cheung.

T-ara plan to be active in China not only in music, but in dramas, films and CFs as well.

On October 13th, T-ara will depart from Korea to China for five days. They will hold a formal signing ceremony at the New World Hotel in Beijing and conduct various promotional activities. There are plans for T-ara to be published and interact with over 100 different Chinese media sources.

T-ara's "Sugar Free" has been immensely popular in China with the music video ranking #1 on the domestic K-pop video charts. Hyomin and Jiyeon also took over the #1 spot when they released their solos there.

The details of their contract was revealed to be worth nearly $5 million USD.

Check out more photos from T-ara's contract signing over at our Forums.

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201409291048001210

Cr: Nathaniel @ Diadem

I am so happy for the girls because they truly deserve such huge recognition in China and i'm also glad that they are now getting ready to start their activities in China.  And with T-ara starting off their promotions in China, I wonder if there's going to be a Chinese version of their song, "Sugar Free"

I'm pretty excited for this, good luck to them. On Netizen Buzz, when they release a T-ara article, I keep reading the English translations of the top Korean Netizen comments from T-ara articles on Korean music websites, and they are still not supportive. I highly doubt that they will become a top 5 girl group again in South Korea. They will stay around 12th place for a bit I think. I would like to see T-ara focus less on South Korea.

In Japan, they have lost a lot of popularity, although so have Girls' Generation and Kara. I think they should focus less on Japan.

In Usa, it will be tough for them to get popular and also release many title tracks I think, so I don't know if they should be doing much promotions in Usa besides an occasional concert in LA/NY/SF.

I keep reading about their popularity being very high in China, and also I believe some other East Asian countries (that aren't South Korea and Japan), like Vietnam if I remember right. I think it's a great idea for them to be the first Korean pop girl group to do heavy promotions in China and see what they can accomplish there. They got this contract in place now and hopefully they have studied enough Chinese language to speak and sing it well. I'd like to see them release at least two Chinese language title tracks in China in 2015.

So they will have to reduce their promotions in South Korea and Japan, and not do too much in Usa. In addition to this, in order to free up time, I think they should not promote T-ara N4 and QBS, since there is only a finite amount of time available.

I think in 2015 they should release two title tracks in South Korea, two in Japan, and two in China. While not doing Usa non-concert promotions, and also not doing T-ara N4 and QBS promotions.

What do you think?

Eunjug_Endless_Love_Ep_28.jpg

Eunjung is looking forward to their Chinese promotions and is hopeful! :-)

I'm somewhat happy but also a bit scared. Let me explain my point of view.

First, I'd say that I am relieved, cause lots of my friends were thinking that they would disband soon (cause of how boram is old, etc), but then I was the only one that was still positive about them, and the fact that they got a contract of 5 Millions of dollars USD in China means that they are going to be together for at least a few more years together, which make me really happy! But I am scared as well because of what is happening in Hong Kong, But it may only be me! 

Anyways, even though I'm slightly scared, I am also looking forward their activities in China!

• 3 weeks later...

if t-ara sign a china contract,

so their japan contract still continue or finished?

i'am really curious :ph34r:

It should still continue as far as I know. I don't think a chinese contract excludes them from the Japanese market. But they might have less time for activities in Japan. I'm not too concerned because we already know how loved T-ara is in China.