Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] T ara dominates stage personality

Uncle fan

I just had a weird research tangent that brought me to this video: 

It's a 5Dolls song from a few years ago.  I had actually never heard or seen it before.  The song is okay.  It's cute.  But what I LOVE is Eun Jung Jiyeon and Hyomin on stage with them.  They make the performance so much more!  The three of them are clearly having a blast.  And, sorry Dolls but they steal the show from you.  They are 100% performers and you really need to be taking notes.  I might like the song just to see the T ara girls in this video.  It's great.  (And I love Eun Jung's patented quick walk to the back whenever she is done up front.  Just like in I Go Crazy.)

Certainly T-ARA has a unique presence that fills up the stage but we can't judge F-ve Dolls too harshly for not being T-ARA.

One of the things I've always liked about CCM are their collaborations between groups. SPEED, Davichi, F-ve Dolls and even Skull have worked with T-ARA and they make great songs as a result. I'm not sure how many other companies do that. It's not like we see SNSD and f(x) do any work together nor have we seen any Rainbow/KARA work (DSP) team ups.

So rather than T-ARA upstaging F-ve Dolls I see it as more of a complement which in my opinion, K-pop needs more of these days.

Certainly T-ARA has a unique presence that fills up the stage but we can't judge F-ve Dolls too harshly for not being T-ARA.

One of the things I've always liked about CCM are their collaborations between groups. SPEED, Davichi, F-ve Dolls and even Skull have worked with T-ARA and they make great songs as a result. I'm not sure how many other companies do that. It's not like we see SNSD and f(x) do any work together nor have we seen any Rainbow/KARA work (DSP) team ups.

So rather than T-ARA upstaging F-ve Dolls I see it as more of a complement which in my opinion, K-pop needs more of these days.

Not disagreeing with you Captain.  In the theatre we try to get actors to match one another and the younger actors should work up to the example of the more experienced ones.  I just think that the Dolls can learn something from T ara when it comes to performance. This is their stage but because they were not as skilled at the time it was made, T ara is walking away with it.  It's definitely a sunbae/hoobae thing.  They are lucky to have a group like T ara in their company that they can learn from.  Nothing against 5Dolls at all. 

And I agree that the collaborations of CCM are an example that several other companies should take more advantage of for better stages.  There are a few out there, but none on the scale of CCM collaborations.