Diadem Forums

[14.10.07] Exclusive Interview with Sugar Free EDM Club Edition producer, DJ Ferry

craZy

[14.10.07] Exclusive Interview with Sugar Free EDM Club Edition producer,

DJ Ferry

ferrybanner.jpg

On September 24th, T-ara dropped a digital album of 18 remixes (in Korean and English) of their latest hit Sugar Free featuring numerous producers such as DJ Jeffery Choi, DJ Beatrappa, DJ Dion , DJ Big Bounce, Monster Factory and more. Amongst them, serving the title track to the remix album, was DJ Ferry.

Diadem got the chance to ask some questions for an exclusive interview with the up and coming DJ who is bridging the gap between EDM and K-Pop.

Hello! Could you start off with giving us an introduction about yourself?

Hey, I’m Ferry EDM DJ/Producer from Calgary but currently live in Seoul-South Korea.

First of all, congrats on the release of your Sugar Free remixes! Could you tell us how this collaboration with T-ara came into being?

Many Korean know me as Kpop remixer here in Korea, I’ve done with many official & unofficial K-pop stuffs but I have to thank DJ Koo to introduce me to CCM.

What was your experience like working with T-ara? What were your impressions of the girls?

Honestly I didn't meet em too long but they are first of all cute (Qri and Jiyeon) and seem pretty fun girls!

By any chance were you a fan of T-ara beforehand?

Frankly I’m a K-pop lover but not really fan of particular Idol group, I like CL tho.

Could you tell us why it was decided to record the Sugar Free remixes in English? Were you apart of the process to rewrite the song into English?

No I wasn't- IDK probably they had plan to push it into EDM markets!

EDM is something completely new in the K-Pop scene. What do you think about it? Do you think it can catch on and become popular?

EDM is already popular since few years ago, I guess combination of EDM/Kpop isnt a right solution tho’.

Are there any other K-Pop groups, or any artist, you would one day like to work with?

YG Family

How did you become a DJ and what are you favorites aspects of DJing? Could you also tell us your process on how you re-imagine and remix a song?

I’ve played piano since I was 11, was a band member at highschool, But I really dont know why I’m DJ now, I neva eva regret tho’ hehehe

First of all try to make a frame for my remix in my head then color it depend to the original track and then try to fix colors in my DAW and its all!

Are there any other DJs or artists who inspire you?

Maybe Deorro/Harwell and many Australian DJ/Producers.

You are also the General Producer and CEO of your own company, CINO Entertainment. Could you tell us a bit about your record label?

We do many things here with my guys (Beatrappa, TERA, Noke & ...) but main projects go around EDM & remix. We did many official remix for Korean artists. They love how we make their tracks active, aggressive, massive and powerful!

Are there any of your own activities and promotions currently ongoing?

Working on a collaboration with DJ BL3ND with Korean duo Crispi Crunch, FBTA - ZZang ZZang Man will release next week and many other projects that I think you ain't interested about em!

What’s your favorite event you got to DJ at?

I was at many festivals but honestly I wanna be part of UMF what I couldn't get it so far!

Could we possibly look forward to more collaborations between you and T-ara in the future?

No doubt

Any final words you’d like to offer Queen’s?

I just wanna say you QUEEN'S are just awesome. You're the best fans I’ve seen so far!

We thank DJ Ferry for his time and brining his music to Queen's.

Grab DJ Ferry's EDM remix of Sugar Free on iTunes. If you like his remix for Sugar Free, don't forget to check out more of his remixes and original works on Soundcloud or Beatport. Follow him on Twitter and Facebook to get to know him more.

Thanks for the great interview! I'd prefer his answers to be longer and detailed though. Good luck to DJ Ferry and his company!

Unfortunately there were no questions about the 500 copies limited edition remix physical CD or the 7000 copies limited edition remix physical CD. How and where and when can we buy them? Is the 7000 copies version the exact same as the 500 copies version? What are the differences in the case, contents, and tracks?

Tiaradiadem.com moderators/owners, please follow up and ask DJ Ferry this, thanks! :-)

Eunjung_At_Scarlet_Innocence_Premiere.jp

Ferry never met Jiyeon. He met Qri and Eunjung.:/

Oh, the added brackets are not be confused with our own addition but his. I believe he got the chance for a quick meeting with them all behind the scenes.

Thanks for the great interview! I'd prefer his answers to be longer and detailed though. Good luck to DJ Ferry and his company!

Unfortunately there were no questions about the 500 copies limited edition remix physical CD or the 7000 copies limited edition remix physical CD. How and where and when can we buy them? Is the 7000 copies version the exact same as the 500 copies version? What are the differences in the case, contents, and tracks?

Tiaradiadem.com moderators/owners, please follow up and ask DJ Ferry this, thanks! :-)

Ferry has been quite busy lately so we hadn't gotten the chance to ask some follow ups but we'll see what we can do. :) This interview was taken quite before news of the new 7k limited edition so questions regarding them were not included (though I imagine we'll be getting news from CCM/MBK soon).

Tiaradiadem.com is going to release 25 copies of the 7000 copies remix album for sale today on their online store!

http://tiaradiadem.com/2014/10/pre-order-limited-edition-andend-edmclub-edition

This is great! It's $16 plus shipping, and limited to 1 copy per person. There is not much information but I saw on a competing website the information:

[1CD] 

1. huckIE_sugarfree (DJ Chuckie) ENG.

2. FBTA_sugarfree (DJ Beatrappa,Ferry,TERA) ENG.

3. FERRY_sugarfree (DJ Ferry) ENG.

4. BIG BOUNCE_sugarfree (DJ Big Bounce) ENG.

5. DION_sugarfree (DJ DION) ENG.

6. JEFFREY CHOI_sugarfree (DJ Jeffrey choi) ENG.

7. PHATSOUND_sugarfree (DJ pHatsound) ENG.

8. MONSTER FACTORY_sugarfree (Monster Factory) ENG.

9. S.TIGER_sugarfree (Original Edit) ENG.

[2CD]

1. CHUCKIE_sugarfree (DJ Chuckie) KOR.

2. FBTA_sugarfree (DJ Beatrappa,Ferry,TERA) KOR.

3. FERRY_sugarfree (DJ Ferry) KOR.

4. BIG BOUNCE_sugarfree (DJ Big Bounce) KOR.

5. DION_sugarfree (DJ DION) KOR.

6. JEFFREY CHOI_sugarfree (DJ Jeffrey choi) KOR.

7. PHATSOUND_sugarfree (DJ pHatsound) KOR.

8. MONSTER FACTORY_sugarfree (Monster Factory) KOR.

9. S.TIGER_sugarfree (Original Edit) KOR.

On the competing website, I got confused if they recently had a poster also for sale in the pre-order phase. It doesn't show anything about a poster now, even though it's still in the pre-order phase. Maybe I imagined that there was a poster, or there was a website error. They still have 69 of the albums in stock it says. The album has a 52 page booklet and is in a tin case.

Meanwhile, my debit card expired! I have to wait 4-6 business days more for my new card. This delays me from buying T-ara merchandise! :-(

Also, I don't know if there is a difference between the 500 copies limited edition remix cd and the 7000 copies limited edition remix cd. The former was given away to members/staff/etc, plus 10 winners of two online contests.

Tiaradiadem.com owner/moderator, please ask DJ Ferry the difference(s) in the two albums?

T_ara_Bo_Peep_Bo_Peep.jpg

T_ara_Number_9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...