Diadem Forums

[OTHER] Quick News & Gossip Thread

Elly

As per this suggestion thread: http://www.diadem5.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1596 , Diadem now has a short news and rumours thread for T-ara!

Post short news and/or rumours that circulate around about T-ara here... :)

Please credit original sources, and let's try to keep this thread clean :)

I'll be the first to post a little bit of news here,

So, once Queen Seonduk ends, God of Study will be airing its first episode on the 4th of January 2010. After Jiyeon, then Qri, then Jiyeon again.

T-ara's pwning drama-industry much? LOL.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk if this should be posted here.. but i cant post it in the covers sections since it's not mine. besides it's still T-ara related.

Alisktae remixed the two singles, BPBP and LTB

:wub:

http://alikstae.tumblr.com/post/293080101/...on-tok-peep-all

http://alikstae.tumblr.com/post/296427696/...emix-all-vocals

my friend also made a techno remix, here's the link

im so excited since theyre gonna show Queen Seon Deok here! aside from qri being in it,

QSD's story-line amazes me :wub:

^

Qri didn't talk at all D; but still she was able to know all these popular, powerful sunbae XD

According to the latest rumor, JiYeon's character in GOS will be a new student who fell in love with Yoo Seungho but Seungho don't notice her. She is one of the main character but not the main female >_>

And girls filmed a CF! I wonder how their CF will look like.

After filming a CF, T-Ara received 100 boxes of ramyun

^

Qri didn't talk at all D; but still she was able to know all these popular, powerful sunbae XD

According to the latest rumor, JiYeon's character in GOS will be a new student who fell in love with Yoo Seungho but Seungho don't notice her. She is one of the main character but not the main female >_>

And girls filmed a CF! I wonder how their CF will look like.

oh whoa, i never read anything about that. lol. i wonder which company they're endorsing for again. haha t-ara's killing it with endorsements! :)

^

Well it have been said the girls filmed a CF and after this CF they received 100 packs of ramyun as a gift. Usually ramyun company offer their ramyun to their start, so I guess their CF is about ramyun lol

Don't really know if it's considered as a news or a gossip, but JiYeon left a message to Jiwon on Jiwon's cyworld (What friends say)

"I miss you (Right wing Park JiYeon)"

It's nice to see the girls stay close :)

EDIT: Seems like JiYeon is on Cyworld-mood lol She also left to Park Gyuri (Kara) a message ^^ I'll post up a translation later.

Some quick news <3

2009 is coming to a close, and some of us writers of the allkpop team have put together a list of our favorite albums of the year. It's clear that 2009 has been a great year for Korean music and we wanted to share our top picks with you. Take a step back to reflect on these albums with us, even if you've never really given some of these artists a listen before. It never hurts to try something new, unless we're talking about drugs... Well anyway, without further ado, I present you with our favorite albums of 2009:

lilchoiboy18: "For Muzik" by 4minute

Although it was only a mini album, For Muzik totally blew me away. I had jumped on the 4minute-is-going-to-tank bandwagon after Hot Issue (and HyunA's incredibly squirrelly voice), but Muzik, What a Girl Wants and all of the other tracks on the album blew me away. After considering these tracks along with their stellar performances (including a VERY cute Gayoon for the What a Girl Wants promotions), I've decided that this is by far my album of the year. (purchase?)

maestro-J: "Feel gHood Muzik: the 8th Wonder Album" by Drunken Tiger

I wasn't a hardcore fan, but the best album of 2009 has got to be Drunken Tiger's "Feel gHood Muzik: the 8th Wonder Album." He released like a million songs in a two-disc package. My top favorites are True Romance and Monster. I loved the Korean version of Monster but damn, the English version is fantastic as well - that song just hypes me up. (purchase?)

jeshicaa: "1:59PM" by 2PM

May I speak as a representative of the fangirls out there? 2009 would be incomplete without 2PM. Seriously. From their hit comeback song Again & Again to the Jaebeom controversy, 2PM was making the headlines whether it was for the good or for the bad. Nevertheless, JYP definitely did not disappoint me with this amazing album full of new and innovative beats, and the funky groovy feel only found in JYPE's music. My favorites from this album are I Was Crazy for You and Tired of Waiting. Oh, and need I mention Heartbeat? Let's just say these boys were the highlight of 2009. (purchase?)

rameninmybowl: "Heartbreaker" by G-Dragon

What can I say more to this masterpiece? The blonde boy definitely lived up to his expectations of being the best, as indicated by his MAMA 2009 Best Album of the Year Award. Although I was initially unimpressed with this album, G-Dragon's super-infectious tracks definitely turned me into his biggest fan - and yes, I'm a guy. Despite the countless issues he went through due to plagiarism scandals and censorship issues, the album was still filled with G-Dragon's unique style, something that the k-pop industry hasn't had for years. My personal favorite has got to be The Leaders. The ingenious lyrics and catchy tune made me suffer the song-stuck-in-my-head syndrome for at least a month! (purchase?)

shockimpulse: "2NE1 Mini Album" by 2NE1

Although I never really got into Fire, the rest of the songs on 2NE1's mini-album sound very mature. Stay Together and In The Club especially are amazing songs that are under-appreciated. They give off a sad, mellow and mature vibe with a hint of American influence. And 2NE1's songs are unique from most other girl groups because they don't fit the stereotypical "one rapper + bridge/chorus singers" concept. All of the girls share the bridge and chorus, and the rapper actually gets more face time. A lot of the girl/boy idol groups are good but that conventional system a bit too repetitive; 2NE1 definitely mixed things up. (purchase?)

lawlietta: "[e]" by Epik High

I don't know how they did it, but Epik High created a monstrosity of thirty excellent tracks for [e]. To be honest, I usually go through an album once or twice, then select a few favorites to obsess over - yet I fell in love with every song on this tracklist. Although [e] retains the sick beats and powerful messages that Epik High is known for, the album is quite refreshing, especially in comparison to the upbeat dance tracks common on the music scene these days. I really don't want to pick a list-topper, but I'd have to pick Wannabe as my favorite because it gets a +10 for its epic music video. Brownie points for the awesome mini book as well! (purchase?)

Parkmeister: "Feel gHood Muzik: the 8th Wonder Album" by Drunken Tiger

I can't seem to choose between Drunken Tiger's Feel gHood Muzik and Leessang's Hexagonal efffff. I'll just go with Drunken Tiger: Feel gHood Muzik. This album totally exceeded my expectations of Tiger JK; his collaborations with the other artists were amazing! All the tracks gave off a fresh, hip hop vibe. I have been and will always be DIGGIN IT! (purchase?)

heartfacee: "Muzik" by 4minute

I did not see much coming from this group, but their album definitely exceeded my expectations. When I first heard What A Girl Wants, I could not stop playing it on repeat. Muzik has the highest play counts on my iPod. Later on, I got introduced to I Won't Give and it instantly became another favorite. Though Funny sounds a lot like Britney Spears' tracks and there's an excessive amount of auto-tune in general, I still loved this album. (purchase?)

mashimello: "Heartbreaker" by G-Dragon

G-Dragon's solo album is totally innovative and he's not scared to break the boundaries of K-pop to come out with some sick tracks! I can also tell that his heart and soul went into this album as he wrote most of the songs. I honestly think that GD's album would easily break into the American music industry with the similar yet creative beats. (purchase?)

kimchisteve: "Jang Gi Ha and the Faces - Vol. 1" by Jang Gi Ha & Faces

Jang Gi Ha & Faces got more attention when Infinity Challenge did parodies of their songs - after watching that episode, I searched up this band up right away, and got their 1st album which is the best. Jang Gi Ha might not be the best singer nor have the best looks, but he can sure make great songs. Cheap Coffee, The Moon is Rising, Let's Go and Why That Guy were the most unique songs that I've ever heard. This album also sold more than 20,000 albums, which is an accomplishment for any musician. I love this band, and you should definitely check them out too! (purchase?)

Hogwood: "Absolute First Album" by T-ara

After a year of releasing a string of great singles, T-ara really outdid themselves with their first full length album. It not only compiled all their previous hits, but also brought equally excellent new songs into one complete and cohesive package. One of the most important albums of all time. (purchase?)

alikstae: "Cross & Change / "Double Date" Repackaged" by F.T. Island

It's good to know that, aside from the surge of electronic dance pop in the kpop scene, Korea has its fair share of quality acoustic pop music. Unlike their previous lead singles, the F.T. Island guys kicked off promotions using the addictive high energy track I Hope. Surprisingly, the album's fast paced numbers aren't too far off from the pop/rock being released here in the States. The album is well-rounded with all sorts of stuff to cry and jump around about. You all should definitely buy the "Double Date" re-release of this album if you haven't already. (purchase?)

misstinax3: "Vol. 1: Be Mate" by Mate

Oh, mainstream scene... you treat me well--and I love you--but once in a while, I just need to get away. In an industry dominated by idol stars, it's easy to overlook (or just be plain unaware of) indie rock artists. How does one describe the magic that is Mate? This band presents a perfect balance of instrumentals and strong vocals. Tracks like Fly To The Sky (하 늘을 날아) and It's Alright offer a captivating rock-ballad vibe that will leave you wondering why you never paid more attention to this astounding trio. My favorite track, Fly To The Sky (하늘을 날아), is a comforting listen that never fails to wow me. Be Mate is honest, convincing, genuine and stellar through and through. A winner, plain and simple. (purchase?)

delacroix: "3rd Demo" by Broccoli, You Too

This is the latest by Broccoli, You Too, the most promising band out of Korean indie scene. Although the album carries only two new songs (the rest are re-recordings), it is still a great gift for the fans who have been awaiting updates from this impressive band. I would describe their music style as a pink flower drawn on beige background - quiet and calming without feeling sorrowful or dragged-out. It is hard to find music like this these days - fun without the use of synthesizer, autotune or computer-generated drum beats, something that's quite rare. Falling in love with this band will be somewhat painful, as it is impossible to buy this band's albums since they always sell out so quickly. (unavailable on YesAsia)

TheProdigy: "Supreme Team Guide To Excellent Adventure" by Supreme Team

Much to my delight, hip-hop duo Supreme Team stole the Best Male Rookie Award from the idol groups BEAST and MBLAQ at this year's MAMA Awards. Not to bash on idol groups, but it is no surprise that other genres in k-pop are overshadowed by the idols which really holds many youths, and even you readers, back from exploring other venues of music. I would like to see Korea break out of its current tendency of watching idol groups debut every month and instead develop a trend of the celebration of musical diversity. (purchase?)

Aaand that's our favorite albums list of 2009! Although this was a huge year for k-pop in Korea, the Hallyu wave has really taken off and stepped onto the global stage as well, especially in the United States. The music video for Se7en's Girls was playing on the TV screens at your nearest Footlocker store, BoA released a great album with big-name producer/singer Sean Garrett supported. The Wonder Girls took the US by storm and showed what K-pop was all about with their English version of "Nobody" which brought them a tour with the Jonas Brothers and a spot on the Billboard charts.

Here's to the Hallyu movement, a great 2009 and hopefully, an even better 2010!

^

Taeckyeon from the boy band 2PM (real name Ok Taeckyeon) and Eunjung from girl group T-Ara showed their affection toward each other via Cyworld.

Last 20th on the recording of SBS 'Inkiagayo' T-Ara showed a Christmas version of their hit "Bo Peep Bo Peep". While others members were wearing red dress, Eunung was the only one wearing a snow man costume, raise the curiosity.

After the broadcast, Taeckyeon left on Eunjung cyworld a message under the 'What the friend says' column: ""Your punishement for today is a snowman costume? hahaha/kekeke"

I left out the part about Taec closing his cyworld 'cause of private picture leaked

According to other articles Eunjung and Taec played at rock-paper-scissor and Eunjung lost ^^

From akp

Remember Junsu's "Bo Peep Bo Peep"? Well, I guess the 2PM - T-ara love line does not stop there!

T-ara will also be in 2PM's parody of 'You're Beautiful'!

Don't worry, there will not be any lovey-dovey scenes, because Jihyun, Hyomin, and Eunjung will make cameo appearances as crazy fans of Wooyoung!

They said, "The filming was taken place at Gyungido PaJoo, and we are expecting a lot. I think the actual filming went much better than the script."

Oh, and hint hint! Park Gyuri of KARA will also be featured, and WAIT there's more!

There will be a KISS between the 2PM members!!

cr: akp

If anyone will be wondering, the jihyun isnt a typo, Jihyun is from another girl group ok? lol dont search for a jihyun in t-ara.

^http://www.tiaradiadem.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2907

that was real sweet of the girls to come and wish hyo 'fighting~' haha. ♥

@Yani~ LOL i love that t-ara songs are on charts like, in a multiple kinda way. our girls are starting to own kpop :o

^ YOU FRKNG BEAT ME TO IT. ugh LOLOL

Well here's some more news, T

GOD OF STUDY OST will feature big stars such as 4minute and T-max!

this is nice for me, since i like ost's BWAHAHA. i hope this doesnt fail me though, iris failed me big-time IMO.. Youre Beatiful was nice.. so i hope this is nice too.

T-ara number 1 searched on NEWSen again..and again and again and again! LOL

ws615s.jpg

Dramabeans review of the pilot episode for Jiyeon's God of Study!

GOD OF STUDY (KBS)

I fired up God of Study first, thinking it would be the easiest to watch and recap. I wasn’t necessarily excited about this drama, but I was curious to see how it would handle the high school setting and obvious Boys Before Flowers comparisons.

Kim Su-ro is a lawyer who is brought in to Byungmun High School to consult with its board chair. The school is affiliated with the Byungmun corporation, whose future is shaky at present, meaning that the school may be shut down. Kim Su-ro’s lawyer character has painful memories of being a student at the school and would like nothing more than to help that happen. Bae Doo-na is a well-meaning English teacher who fears that closing the school would be disaster for these kids, who are already faring so poorly.

Surprisingly, my first thought was that I was bored. The setup wasn’t particularly striking, with the rowdy kids sleeping through classes and showing a general disinterest in learning. I thought Bae Doo-na — acknowledged as one of the top actresses of her generation — overacted. And I was disappointed to have been told Yoo Seung-ho would be this badass rebel, only to see that his goodness is pretty apparent on the surface. (Not that I wanted him to be a horrible person, but it seemed like the character wasn’t at all what we’d been told to expect. I did like his acting and he has a lot of presence — and it’s nice to see him playing something other than a king! — so there is that.)

However, this drama grew on me a lot over the hour, and perhaps I have my own expectations to blame for the initial surprise. Nobody said this was going to be Boys Before Flowers Redux — it was my assumption based on the descriptions, the casting of Kim Su-ro (who does comedy so well), the hip teen cast, and the KBS ties. But this is nothing at all like Boys Before Flowers — it’s not even a comedy. I was expecting light trendy stuff, and instead what we get is much more serious in tone. It actually reminded me a lot of American teen dramas — not over-the-top Gossip Girl or campy One Tree Hill but more toned-down, straight drama fare. I’ve thought that it’s too bad there weren’t more shows like those lower-budget youth dramas (such as those produced by EBS or aired outside of prime time), but upgraded with higher production values. So this fulfills that wish.

The narrative heaviness turned me off at first, but as we got to know more of the characters, I warmed to it. I do think they’re laying on the serious drama vibe too thick (especially with Kim Su-ro) and there are scenes that drag. Part of the slowness of the episode is because it takes some time to establish each of the characters, and we’ve got a good number of them — five students, plus the adults. What I hope this drama does is take realistic characters and bring them together with good chemistry, because the story itself is low-key and simple. We aren’t going to get exciting location shoots, super-dramatic plot twists, or over-the-top villains like in Boys Before Flowers, so the fate of the show rests on the relationship dynamics. Thankfully, most of the cast can act pretty well.

I’m not hooked on God of Study and I think it’s the slowest of the four to settle into its groove, but there’s something interesting about the vibe that has me intrigued.

^i agree with the review 98%.

^T-max also. FT Triple is still a rumor, but it's very possible since theyre also under Mnet. Beast is confirmed. 4minute also confirmed AND released :D

SALES UPDATE

2u3ysr5.jpg

rlf4sl.jpg

Comments from the music expert, a.k.a me. HAHA ew arrogant LOLOL

Well, this is sorta like a repeat of what i've seen in Wonder Girls with Tell Me's album.

T-ara fanbase is not large yet compared to competition, and yet theyre topping the sales?

What does this mean? It means theyre already attracting people OUTSIDE of their

fanbase. Which is a huge thing. In korea, most people are "i only buy my idol's cd"

Theyre already out-selling 4minute's over-all sales and F(x)'s too, confirming them

as only one of the 2 rookie groups to sell over 50k sales.

Single-wise, WDH srsly. absolutely NO promotions for Like the Beginning, and yet

it's selling nearly as well as bo peep bo peep?! can you say wtf? i srsly can!

WTF in a good way though. These girls CONTINUE to shock me. :D

News for today : Online charts update!

2ahxiis.jpg

BASICALLY theyre doing REALLY well. beyond my expectations seriously.

There's more charts but theyre all the same, the consistency is = bo peep bo peep is on the top 10.

While i see competition like 2pm and younha falling down already, BPBP is still selling well lol

Even Gain and Jokwon are doing well(random)

MORE NEWS

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201001060850411001

basically its like all the other articles on god of study's pilot episode, so im not gonna translate it, but imma post the jiyeon pic xD cutie!!

sc5aix.jpg

Idk if i should do another chart update, since basically, the girls didnt move spots LOL srsly mostly bpbp still in the top 5 on bugs melon soribada naver daum cyworld theyre on the top of the searching part of Newsen too.

Hyomin's cyworld top viewed since december(wow)

MBLAQ'S Lee Joon apologizes to T-ara male fans after recieving threats (LMAO SRSLY WTF?) on the radio january 09 2010.