Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] How to open Weibo to follow T-ara?

Yoki V-Q's

Yesterday, Hyomin and Eunjung opened Weibo, maybe the other girls will be the same.

So, I want to open weibo to follow them, but it requires a phone number to confirm, I live in Vietnam, and this place is not in the allowed region. Who can help me?

I registered today and I didn't have to use a phone number. I just used my email. You'll receive a verification email and from there it's ready to go.

I didn't do anything special aside from using Google Translate in Chrome.

I'm not receiving any request for a phone number when I log in. 

Could you upload a screenshot of what you're seeing when you try to log in?

Update:

I now know exactly what you're talking about.

Your acct has likely been locked. The same thing just happened to me. Here's what I found.

Method #1: Contact Sina by Email.

Write to tkefu@vip.sina.com directly via your registered email address. Your email message should contain the following account details:

A. Your Sina Weibo URL;
B. Nickname of your Sina Weibo account;
C. The first three characters of your Sina Weibo account password.

Remark: Remember to write in Simplified Chinese, and do not expect these Chinese customer service staff can understand any English.

We also know that some people might have successfully contacted via other alternative Sina email addresses such as tkefu@staff.sina.com.cn orminiblog@staff.sina.com.cn in the past. You may also try them if you find necessary.

Method #2: Use Sina Online Help.

Visit weibo online help page at http://help.sina.com.cn/help/12.html. Fill-in details of your request (make sure you write in Simplified Chinese). Suggest to include also all account details mentioned in method #1. Leave your contact email address there and wait for reply. 

Method #3: Talk to Sina Customer Service Directly.

Dial Sina Weibo hotline: 4000-960960, 4006-900000, or 010-82623378 (all start with country code +86 for international calls to mainland china) and speak to customer service staff there directly. Make sure you can speak reasonable Mandarin that normal Chinese can understand.

Method #4: Get Help From Chinese People

If you have any mainland Chinese friend(s), you may try getting help from him directly. This is perhaps the quickest method you may consider if you want recovering your account urgently. Remember to tell him honestly the real purpose of using his mobile phone number. Let him know comfortably that it will be used for one-time SMS verification purpose only and is not for permanent bonding with your Sina Weibo account. Never try to use his mobile phone number for other account usage or spamming purposes.

Although this is really a shortcut method, the bottom line is that your mainland Chinese friend(s) must trust you first. Nevertheless, there is no need worrying about it too much. There are still people willing to help because SMS verification is not something uncommon in mainland China. However, since the SMS verification code is valid for 20 minutes only, your Chinese friend(s) must be able to return you this 6-digit SMS verification code promptly before expiration for working this out.

The above are 4 possible tips that can help unfreezing your Sina Weibo account. Do enjoy micro-blogging in mainland China and do not try to abuse it. After all, it is a valuable asset for marketing any Chinese-related business and is good especially for bloggers who prefer writing short promotional sentences. With additional social networking functions, sometimes it can be even more effective than normal blogging (such as this blog) and hence no one really wants to get banned for any reason.