Diadem Forums

[14.10.15] T-ara to remake a Korean version of Chinese-hit song "Little Apple" with Shinsadong Tiger

vancew90

[14.10.15] T-ara to remake a Korean version of Chinese-hit song "Little Apple" with Shinsadong Tiger

9TVUCGG528NO0003-1024x682.jpg

StarNews has revealed T-ARA will be remaking a Korean version of "Little Apple" and is scheduled to be released in November (exact date unspecified). "Little Apple" is a hit song performed by Chinese Pop singer duo Chopstick Brothers. The Korean version remake will be rearranged and composed by famous Korean music producer and songwriter, Shinsadong Tiger.

"Little Apple" was released in May earlier this year to a great deal of positive feedback from the Chinese public for its interesting and special choreography and melody. It has since resulted in many covers and parodies, increasing its popularity and virality.

The Chinese public and market have been very receptive of T-ARA and their music, resulting in their fame and popularity, for which as such it is believed they will be successful in their Korean remake of "Little Apple." Furthermore, the recent official announcement of their expansion into the China market has given the industry international attention and spotlight.

T-ARA's decision in the remake of "Little Apple" on China soil has gained the attention of the Chopstick Brothers duo. The two have plans to either perform together on stage or collaborate in other ventures or which they have received a lot of anticipation from the public.

On a side note, T-ARA had some 1,000 fans and media personnel receive them at the Beijing Airport on 13th October 2014. The group arrived in China for a press conference and some recordings before departing on the 15th.

The press conference was to announce to the media and fans that T-ARA will be officially carrying out activities in China till the end of 2014 and a possible China Tour in 2015. MBK Entertainment and Longzhen Culture signed a contract amounting to 5 billion KRW, commencing T-ARA's move into the Chinese entertainment industry. Longzhen Culture is an established organisation that handles concerts for immensely popular singers like Andy Lau, Jacky Cheung and A-Mei just to name a few.

Concluding thoughts: I'm not sure if any of you Queen's had listened to the original song or watched the official MV, but my take on this is not to judge too quickly based on just the comical MV. We should realize that the song was meant for a comedy film, which explains some of the content being a little on the weird and rated side. If you would actually watch the MV and understand the lyrics, the whole song and short stories are really about love and romance. A deeper look into it and you will actually notice many references to "Adam and Eve" (won't spoil it for those that haven't watch or would not like to watch). Also, objectively speaking, the melody of the song is rather catchy and gets stuck in your head, just like any other viral songs like Psy's Gangnam Style. The MV might be silly and comical, but those are what makes songs/MVs viral and resulting in parodies.

On another note, T-ARA and Shinsadong Tiger will be remaking the song, so expect something really different from the actual MV, in terms of content at least. You won't see T-ARA doing those silly and rated stuff because that's not what they're known for and good at. My bet is that they will do a funny MV, something similar to Bunny Style but a lot more comical and veering away from the cutesy side. I would still imagine the remake to be related to love and romance but told in a comical way. We should have faith in them! T-ARA hwaiting!

Source: StarNews
Translation via T-ARA Bar by vancew90

To be honest the original MV for me is one of those 'What The Hell Did I Just Saw!!??!" kind of videos. But that is actually what makes me excited for this project. I want T-ara to embrace the wackiness.. Box MVs are great and all but we need more videos like 'Jeon Won Diary' .. Plus, Shinsadong Tiger has never disappointed me so far.

yep,I've watched the mv once before but never really listened to it. The MV was....weird and funny at the same time. When I listen to it the second time,it does seems like a catchy song,and it has a bit of BPBP vibe into it. I'm guessing that T-ara would promote this song in China as remake song(DYKM) doesn't do too well in Korea...I mean China's market is no joke. If this remake song by T-ara hit big in China,they will be megastar in no time.  :D  :D  :D

And I have some question,I saw some info on twitter about a song which will only include 4 members of T-ara...so is this the one? anyway,I'm excited for another miracle by Shinsadong Tiger. 

I rather hold off on saying much about this coz the MV was soo chaotic lol. Which if looking at how T-ara MV's are lately, kinda fit :D Cough CoughSugarFreeCough Cough

But still, hearing the bits & pieces of the song in the MV, i would agree to some who say that it fits to T-ara's style, doing songs that doesn't follow everyone else lol. And ST behind the scenes, i'm pretty sure he's gonna rock with this remake like how he did with SUgar Free. Song is catchy enough i think, if only there wasn't so any breaks to cater to the MV, i would've probably enjoyed it better lol

Little Apple is insanely popular in China and in many parts of the world. Flash mob popular!

It's one of those songs that sticks with you. I've been listening to it all day. :P
Also if you look at the dance moves, it seems like there are some Roly Poly moves happening!

I love the anime version. How many anime characters can you recognize?

Actviate CC for english subtitles.

I have hear the MV yesterday.the MV is funny & I like it. :)

About the beat, I dont remember much only it is sound catchy because I'm to focus on reading the eng sub & i only hear ones.i can say if its make to T-ara style.its gonna be fun. ^_^

I cant wait to see what happen. <3

P.s: I dont watch the anime version yet.

Try this.....play this song

....dance the Roly Poly dance...
....It fits doesn't it :lol:

Actually I tried this today... RolyPoly + Sexy Love choreo fits this song completely...LOL...Try it guys...it so catchy

Edited by Timtam

I hope they'll have their Korean hit songs to have Chinese version as well~
It'll be good if there's Korean, Japanese, Chinese and English version... ^_^

Anyway, I'm excited for their new song already...
I also hope that they'll have their own Chinese song hehe! ;)