Diadem Forums

[09.07.08] Fans Still Think T-ara's Hot

Elly

Opinions towards T-ara has changed after the 'Ugly Doll' concept in their recently released photos.

Boram, Soyeon, Eunjeong, Jiyeon, Qri and Hyomin, the members of T-ara have been in numerous photoshoot concepts in order to produce many different feelings and charm about T-ara.

This time especially, the 'Ugly Doll' concept is once again trying to portray a pure and innocent image for the girls. T-ara is trying to break the stereotype of the typical beautiful woman that is portrayed in most girlgroups as a way to reach out to the public as well.

Meanwhile, T-ara is expected to debut in the middle of the month and will start promoting activities by August.

Source: http://www.todaykorea.co.kr/news/articleVi...tml?idxno=75248

Translated by: Elly@diadem

Credits: naver + todaykorea + Elly (translations) + diadem

"T-ara is trying to break the stereotype of the typical beautiful woman that is portrayed in most girlgroups as a way to reach out to the public as well."

I really like that line. ^

They're so unique so far, and they're all exceptionally pretty.

I liked the 'Ugly Doll' concept because it shows off their pretty facial features because the hair is up and the blush distracts you to their face, LOL. While the one before this shows off their natural beauty.

ughhhh.. I'm really excited, LOL.

"T-ara is trying to break the stereotype of the typical beautiful woman that is portrayed in most girlgroups as a way to reach out to the public as well."

I like this line as well, finally a girl group who doesn't hop around like they're 12 forever and who want to look like barbie. Still, I can't appreciate the whole doll appearance. They scare me and it reminds me partially of the Wonder Girls. I don't think that's supposed to happen seeing as every artist needs their own image. Hopefully their new song will be out soon, I've been dying to hear some new good music for a while now.

I just fell in love with T-ara even more after reading this line:

I give props to T-ara for not being afraid to try an "ugly concept" in their photo shoot (and they didn't look that ugly either lol). Whenever there's a photo shoot celebs use it as an oppurtunity to look cool and pretty and get ps-ed so that they look even more beautiful/handsome but with that particular photo shoot, T-ara tried to do the opposite.

the bowl cut wasnt really for them, but its great that it didnt change the minds of some of their fans

they look really pretty and its awesome that they think they look hot still hehe

cant wait for their debut and see their concept

thanks for the translations!