Diadem Forums

[POLL] Who is the best Soloist?

rcksh

47 members have voted

1. 1. which your favorite soloist

• Jiyeon - 1 Min 1 Sec
    • Hyomin - Nice body
    • Eunjeong - I'am Good

i chose jiyeon - 1min1sec. but i really wish to see soyeon solo soon.

LOL you're on same boat with me,

i like jiyeon solo too,but i wish soyeon could release her solo too ^^

because i love with soyeon voice character while singing !

I want to say eunjung she is my bias but to be neutrel i will say jiyeon

ah sorry,my english really bad,

i want participant pick their favorite soloist ^^

so if your bias is eunjeong,is okay choose eunjung,

but if you choose jiyeon,

you're really objective person :D

I wanted to choose eunjung but am not that satisfied with her solo i'm still thinking that she will be releasing another better song "I'm just dreaming here "

yes,

eunjung solos song not too great as we expect.that make me lazzy to collect her perform 

maybe because her collabs? 

she only singing at certain part.and then another part sang by kwill

so her singing ability can't totally loose out.

Their solos are a bit underwhelming for me but I'm very proud of all of them for giving their best in their solo debut.

Title track ranking: Jiyeon >> Eunjung > Hyomin

Jiyeon has by far the best title track. Eunjung's title track is a bit bland and it frustrates me cause she has so much potential in her and is arguably the best singer among the three of them. I hate most of Brave Bro songs lol so Hyomin's Nice Body is my least favourite.

Album ranking: Jiyeon > Hyomin >> Eunjung.

Again Jiyeon has the best overall album but unfortunately none of her songs stood out. They're all good but nothing outstanding. Hyomin's Fake it is my favourite side track among all the solos. Sadly, Eunjung's album is a let down.

Performance ranking: Eunjung > Jiyeon > Hyomin

I actually really like Eunjung's live performance. I think she dances gracefully and sings really well.

Music Video: Jiyeon > Hyomin > Eunjung

I don't think I have to say much about Eunjung's confusing music video and teaser.

Dance: Jiyeon = Eunjung = Hyomin.

None of their dance suits my taste lol.

Overall: Jiyeon > Hyomin > Eunjung. 

Eunjung's solo debut frustrates me so much I feel like pulling my hair. Girl is putting so much effort that I feel guilty for criticizing. I hope all of them get a better song next time and no more duets please.

Their solos are a bit underwhelming for me but I'm very proud of all of them for giving their best in their solo debut.

Title track ranking: Jiyeon >> Eunjung > Hyomin

Jiyeon has by far the best title track. Eunjung's title track is a bit bland and it frustrates me cause she has so much potential in her and is arguably the best singer among the three of them. I hate most of Brave Bro songs lol so Hyomin's Nice Body is my least favourite.

Album ranking: Jiyeon > Hyomin >> Eunjung.

Again Jiyeon has the best overall album but unfortunately none of her songs stood out. They're all good but nothing outstanding. Hyomin's Fake it is my favourite side track among all the solos. Sadly, Eunjung's album is a let down.

Performance ranking: Eunjung > Jiyeon > Hyomin

I actually really like Eunjung's live performance. I think she dances gracefully and sings really well.

Music Video: Jiyeon > Hyomin > Eunjung

I don't think I have to say much about Eunjung's confusing music video and teaser.

Dance: Jiyeon = Eunjung = Hyomin.

None of their dance suits my taste lol.

Overall: Jiyeon > Hyomin > Eunjung. 

Eunjung's solo debut frustrates me so much I feel like pulling my hair. Girl is putting so much effort that I feel guilty for criticizing. I hope all of them get a better song next time and no more duets please.

yeah,i agree with you :D

to be honest eunjeong is not my bias,because i don't like girl with short hair or give boyish impression.

but in this solo debut i must admit if she totally different from usual, she dyed her hair to red colour,really catchy (y)

and then i anticipate so much because enjeong is the main vocal after soyeon,but sadly thanks to collabs method,it ruined our expectation :P

maybe this blunder happen because kim kwang soo no longer handle t-ara?

(as we know KKS the mastermind behind t-ara concept and 99% KKS idea really success )

I picked Jiyeon for this poll.

Technically only Jiyeon's is really considered solo. The others are duets.

All the songs on Jiyeon's album fit her voice really well, I also liked the MV and dance for 1 min 1 sec.

In addition, Jiyeon's debut was much better handled than Eunjung's debut -_-"

For Hyomin, her voice is not really compatible with brave brothers' songs, so I didn't like Nice Body much.

I feel that brave brothers' songs are more compatible with Sistar, for instance.

But the other two songs are nice. I liked that she performed Fake It, and also released videos of her singing Overcome and Nice Body dance tutorial.

Visually I thought Eunjung looked the best out of the solos. I liked her solo version of I'm Good, and Love Effect.

However the MV and the lyrics for I'm Good was a bit boring.

If she just performed the solo version, and if the management didn't make a mess of the debut, I would have voted Eunjung.

Speaking of Soyeon, if not a solo, I hope she at least gets to sing some OSTs for dramas to showcase her voice.

Am I the only one who genuinely enjoyed Eunjung's solo? I admit I didn't dig it at first, but it really grew on me unexpectedly lol.

Anyways,

Title-track wise: Jiyeon > Eunjung >>>>>>>>>> Hyomin

Album-track wise: Jiyeon >> Hyomin >>> Eunjung (the only track I loved from Eunjung's album was Love Effect)

Concept-wise: Eunjung > Jiyeon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hyomin (I didn't like Hyomin's concept at all)

Dance-wise: Eunjung > Jiyeon > Hyomin

MV-wise: Jiyeon > Eunjung > Hyomin

Overall: Jiyeon >> Eunjung >>>>>>> Hyomin

I picked Jiyeon for this poll.

Technically only Jiyeon's is really considered solo. The others are duets.

All the songs on Jiyeon's album fit her voice really well, I also liked the MV and dance for 1 min 1 sec.

In addition, Jiyeon's debut was much better handled than Eunjung's debut -_-"

For Hyomin, her voice is not really compatible with brave brothers' songs, so I didn't like Nice Body much.

I feel that brave brothers' songs are more compatible with Sistar, for instance.

But the other two songs are nice. I liked that she performed Fake It, and also released videos of her singing Overcome and Nice Body dance tutorial.

Visually I thought Eunjung looked the best out of the solos. I liked her solo version of I'm Good, and Love Effect.

However the MV and the lyrics for I'm Good was a bit boring.

If she just performed the solo version, and if the management didn't make a mess of the debut, I would have voted Eunjung.

Speaking of Soyeon, if not a solo, I hope she at least gets to sing some OSTs for dramas to showcase her voice.

yeah you're right,brave brother song don't match with hyomin,but it more suit with sistar :v

i'am agree with you,i hope soyeon can have a chance to show off her voice 

In my opinion, Jiyeon; her debut song was pretty solid and catchy. The type of song you like to hear again and again ;)

same boat !

My favorite soloist is actually Soyeon but I'm going with Hyomin since Nice Body is such a jam~

you're anti mainstream ;)

Hyomin>>Jiyeon>>>>>Eunjung. This is considering the other tracks, dances and outfits. 

If we go only by title tracks, then: Jiyeon>>Hyomin>>>>>Eunjung.

Seriously, Eunjung's solo had no saving grace to it.

we're not in same boat :v

Am I the only one who genuinely enjoyed Eunjung's solo? I admit I didn't dig it at first, but it really grew on me unexpectedly lol.

Anyways,

Title-track wise: Jiyeon > Eunjung >>>>>>>>>> Hyomin

Album-track wise: Jiyeon >> Hyomin >>> Eunjung (the only track I loved from Eunjung's album was Love Effect)

Concept-wise: Eunjung > Jiyeon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hyomin (I didn't like Hyomin's concept at all)

Dance-wise: Eunjung > Jiyeon > Hyomin

MV-wise: Jiyeon > Eunjung > Hyomin

Overall: Jiyeon >> Eunjung >>>>>>> Hyomin

maybe because eunjeong is your bias? :D

yeah we're on same boat,don't like hyomin concept at all :(

for dance i still vote jiyeon 

yeah you're right,brave brother song don't match with hyomin,but it more suit with sistar :v

i'am agree with you,i hope soyeon can have a chance to show off her voice

same boat !

you're anti mainstream ;)

we're not in same boat :v

maybe because eunjeong is your bias? :D

yeah we're on same boat,don't like hyomin concept at all :(

for dance i still vote jiyeon

Naah I ranked their solos objectively, so the fact that I liked Eunjung's solo has nothing to do with her being my bias haha.

Jiyeon > Eunjung > Hyomin

This ranking is based on their title tracks alone.

Album wise, it's Jiyeon > (Eunjung = Hyomin), Eunjung's and Hyomin's songs are just not my taste.

I didn't have high expectation for any of them. Because tbh, though T-ara has been around for nearly 6 years now, their vocal skills haven't been improved at all. Tell me I'm biased, but Sso is the only one who knows how to know how to sing soulfully, though tbh, her vocal skill is going on a down spiral recently.

Unfortunately, Jiyeon's voice is too weak for the song, her voice sounds scratchy at parts, like she's going out of breath anytime. Nevertheless, I've enjoyed her performance the most. She has charisma that demands my attention whenever she's on stage.  And for some strange reasons, despite the first few times I cringed when heaing her voice almost go hoarse trying to reach the high notes, I've got addicted to that scratchiness in her voice, which gradually sounds more like a cry in desperation. I think Jiyeon's solo would have met with more success if she had sung it better.

As for Hyomin's title track, I think it's too slow and too repetitive. To make it worse, they gave her #$#$#%# clothes which are more like for an aerobics junkie back in the 80's, when she has such a sexy body. What a waste and poor Hyomin. Cropping her hair and covering it with an ugly wig was another crime that her stylist had committed.

Jiyeon's promos was well prepared, whereas Eunjung's was the worst. It almost feels like MBK was contractually obliged to give her a solo debut, so they just perfunctorily put out her album to get it over and done with.

If the rumor about Sso getting a solo debut next is true, then my theory that solo debut is a condition in their contracts with CCM is correct (Maybe that clause is not in Qri's contract)

Naah I ranked their solos objectively, so the fact that I liked Eunjung's solo has nothing to do with her being my bias haha.

haha good,keep it up ^^

Jiyeon > Eunjung > Hyomin

This ranking is based on their title tracks alone.

Album wise, it's Jiyeon > (Eunjung = Hyomin), Eunjung's and Hyomin's songs are just not my taste.

I didn't have high expectation for any of them. Because tbh, though T-ara has been around for nearly 6 years now, their vocal skills haven't been improved at all. Tell me I'm biased, but Sso is the only one who knows how to know how to sing soulfully, though tbh, her vocal skill is going on a down spiral recently.

Unfortunately, Jiyeon's voice is too weak for the song, her voice sounds scratchy at parts, like she's going out of breath anytime. Nevertheless, I've enjoyed her performance the most. She's always have that charisma that demands my attention whenever she's on stage.  And for some strange reasons, despite the first few times I cringed when I heard her voice almost went hoarse trying to reach the high notes, I've got addicted to that scratchiness in her voice, which gradually sounds more like a cry in desperation. I think Jiyeon's solo would have met with more success if she could had sung better.

As for Hyomin's title track, I think it's too slow and too repetitive. To make it worse, they gave her #$#$#%# clothes which are more like for an aerobics junkie back in the 80's, when she has such a sexy body. What a waste and poor Hyomin. Cropping her hair and covering it with an ugly wig was another crime that her stylist had committed.

Jiyeon's promos was well prepared, whereas Eunjung's was the worst. It almost feels like MBK was contractually obliged to give her a solo debut, so they just perfunctorily put out her album to get it over and done with.

If the rumor about Sso getting a solo debut next is true, then my theory that solo debut is a condition in their contracts with CCM is correct (Maybe that clause is not in Qri's contract)

LOL,so you notice too jiyeon vocal seems weak and she sing like scream a bit :P

we're on same boat ! i feel pitty to hyomin :( she have a bad service from outfit or hairstyle, that service make she like a poor girl :(

i think MBK still in noob level in managing famous girl group like t-ara

i miss KKS to handle our precious t-ara.

yeah all t-ara fans hope soyeon get her solo debut or at least she collabs with her boyfriend :D,

but i think it's a bad move,because so far i have observe korea, they're really subjective person :(

many famous idol make a solo debut but the song really not too good (BAD) but it can success in korean market and achieve 1st rank in various chart.

as we know only jiyeon and eunjung famous in korean eyes.

so i think the best move for soyeon is she release her solo debut for hongkong (sing with cantonese)

china (sing with mandarinese) or using korean for soundtrack (y)

• 3 weeks later...

favorite soloist, i'd say EUNJUNG. (vocal skill-wise)

Best Solo Debut: JIYEON, (charm-wise) good A side and promotional strategy, plus, i think this was Jiyeon's turning point, from T-ara's dino maknae to a hot woman, after her solo, i never saw her the same again.

Best solo song: FAKE IT -HYOMIN, nice body was just not effective plus the fact that the song was covered by controversies

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think they did Eunjung an injustice with the song selection and concept. If they would have given her a style like TTL or You drive me Crazy, she would have done better. Even in the drama Dream High they hooked her up. They should have given her a upbeat song to show her dancing and singing abilities. I hated the name Elsie and the only redeem thing about her solo was her hair color. As a result, I was very disappoint and thought her concept was my least favorite. I liked Jiyeon song, and liked Hyomin overall style. I think the agency just didn't care to invest as much in the solos as they could have.

• 2 years later...