Diadem Forums

[15.07.07] T-ara excels in China as Korean girl group rush comebacks in July

nathaniel

1436176369559a4ff12bf03

July is a massive comeback month for girl groups with AOA, SISTAR, Girl's Day and Nine Muses already making their comebacks and Girls' Generation following soon. On the flip side, T-ara has been excelling in China as proven by their fanclub just recently surpassing 1,000,000 members!

T-ara is the first group to reach over 1,000,000 members - they experienced a surge in members after news that Jiyeon was dating actor and co-star Lee Donggun.

After reaching an immense amount of popularity in 2011 and 2012 with "Roly-Poly" and "Lovey-Dovey" in Korea and breaking girl group records, T-ara has proven they are a global power artist when their Japanese debut single "Bo Peep Bo Peep" broke records on the Japanese Oricon chart. Now, they are continuing to break records for Korean groups - but this time in China.

Despite that, they still continue to cater to fans in each country as proven by their 6-episode web-drama which will be simultaneously released in Korea and China.

T-ara is currently in the middle of their Great China Tour and just released a new promotional video for it as shown above. They will hold a press conference on July 10th in Beijing ahead of their July 11th concert date.

Correction, TARABar didn't hit 1M because of the dating news. (It should be "despite" rather than "after", in the second paragraph.)

To summarise, the numbers started to surge after the June rankings were out on 1st July.

And on 6th July and officially, T-ARA has the number 1 fan club in China.

(Besides, T-ARA Number 9 still holds the most views on YinYueTai with 128M. We lost it briefly few months ago but we took it back.)

that's huge tbh! they better slay on China, there's a lot more money there anyway so it's better to go where people love and support them! I wish their agency would go back to releasing amazing songs like in their top days! if they did so in China, nothing would stop them! FIGHTING T-ARA

Yeah!!! So proud of our girls. Although I admit I'd love a Korean comeback, I'm glad they're doing soooo well in China. While some other companies are having issues promoting there our cuties are cleaning up  :lol: Get those CFs, get those fanclub numbers, get that hallyu success~ And then come back to Korea and remind everybody how much they missed you <3