Diadem Forums

[15.08.08] T-ara seizes #1 on YinYueTai Music Chart + enter semi-finals of Billboard's Fan Army Face-off

vancew90

201508081214353410_1

T-ara had just released their new song 'So Crazy' on August 4th and are already sitting on the first spot of YinYu Tai's (China's biggest music site) real-time Music Chart.

The top spots of YinYueTai's chart are currently taken by T-ara (1st), Wonder Girls (2nd), Shinee (3rd) and A Pink (4th).

Furthermore, T-ara have made it to semi-finals of the US Billboard-hosted Fan Army Face-off 2015.

Having beaten many local (US) artists' fandoms, T-ara is now the only K-Pop group/artist that is still in the face-off.

T-ara's fandom (Queen's) will be vying for the championship against the fandoms of international pop star Beyonce, British boy band One Direction and Australian Rock band, 5 Seconds Of Summer. Four of these fandoms are currently competing in the semi-finals face-off.

The champion of the Fan Army Face-off 2014 was Big Bang's VIPs.

Meanwhile, T-ara had performed their first comeback stage of their new song 'So Crazy,' live on August 7th at KBS 2TV's Music Bank.

Source: Newsen

A little more on the YinYueTai chart, number 1 isn't the aim now.

T-ARA's So Crazy is currently at 100 perfect score which is just achieved this afternoon.

If this is kept until tomorrow noon, T-ARA will become the first Korean Girl Group to achieve a perfect score (over a week).

It will be another achievement for T-ARA in China year-end awards.

Rpj7Sv.jpg

I remember seeing the description of Queen's at Billboard poll site "Queens is fierce fan of T-ara". What do they mean by that?

Ok, here is the description.

"#Queens

The Queens are T-ara's fiercely loyal supporters that have stayed with the ladies through their many ups and downs."

Seems ok. Sorry, I remember it wrong

China's T-arabar also posted that 'So Crazy' Chinese Ver. is in the top 5 of for YinYueTai Main music chart this week. (See pic bellow tweeted by @T_arabar) 

So what does this really mean? Does it mean that T-ara songs are aired on radios & streamed online in China? Overall, T-ara MVs have been getting hundreds of millions of views on Chinese websites, but how much revenue does this makes for MBK? Can someone from China, or knows about the music scene there explain a bit? Even a rough estimate would help

Considering the competition this month, I think T-ara’s doing okay for the physical albums sales in Korea (I’ve heard ‘So Good’ sold more than 12,000 in less than a week) but not so well in the digital charts. I’m just wondering if the revenue from China can help balance out or even more than make up for the slow streaming sales in Korea.

CMmhAqnU8AALOxE.png

Topping or recording perfect score in YinYueTai chart, it won't be translated into more revenues for MBK (& T-ARA). However it's a reference for all producers, promoters etc that which group is the trend now. Hence opportunities will increase in terms of performances, TV appearances and most importantly CFs. It indirectly generates more income for MBK (& T-ARA).

We all know that fans buy physical copies but only public buys digital copies. Whether if the revenues outside Korea can make up for the lack of support in Korea, only time can tell.

As fans, we don't know much about what is going on behind the scenes. At this point of time, we should trust MBK to manage T-ARA and we continue to love and support T-ARA with all means. We will let results decide what's next for T-ARA and us.

• 2 weeks later...