Diadem Forums

[15.08.17] A detailed analysis of T-ara’s immense popularity in China

vancew90

htm_20150816232652c010c011

T-ara’s immense and unparalleled popularity in China is quite different from their situation in South Korea. Chinese fans value T-ara very dearly and Queen’s are in an intense competition with Beyonce’s fans in the US Billboard’s 'Fan Army Face-off 2015.'

In this international fan army face-off, the Chinese Queen’s contribution cannot be dismissed in the Queen’s overwhelming lead. Because of the controversy that T-ara was involved in, they received negative comments from their locals and also find it hard to maintain their popularity overseas. However, T-ara have always been the top in China, be it album sales or music chart rankings. Therefore, this article will be analysing the reasons behind T-ara’s immense popularity among the Chinese fans.

Step 1: T-ara’s press conference in October 2014 regarding advancement into China

T-ara’s official advancement into China for activities was on October 13th, 2014. T-ara’s members expressed the goals they wish to achieve during their Chinese activities. However, T-ara already had the love and support of Chinese Queen’s beforehand. Through their showcases and concerts in China in 2013, they had shortened the distance between themselves and their fans.

T-ara had attracted about 100 different media outlets to their press conference. They even appeared on variety shows hosted by China MTV and were interviewed by many media outlets.

Step 2: Collaboration with the “Chinese PSY” in November 2014

T-ara really boosted their popularity in China with their collaboration with the “Chinese PSY,” Chopstick Brothers. T-ara brought their popularity among Chinese fans to the next level with their collaboration with Chopstick Brothers to remake a Korean version of 'Little Apple.'

The Korean version of 'Little Apple' was sitting on the #1 spot for 16 consecutive weeks and the MV managed to get 500 million views, making it the most popular song in 2014.

htm_20150816232744c010c011

Step 3: The secret behind maintaining the popularity - releasing Chinese versions

Whenever T-ara releases a Korean song in Korea, they will also release a Chinese version. This allowed both T-ara and their fans know that they think of each other, and creates an emotional connection. This is one of the secrets behind maintaining their immense popularity.

Starting from Number 9, till Eunjung’s solo recently, and finally the current So Crazy, T-ara would release Chinese versions of their title songs and even Chinese MVs.

T-ara’s popularity is closely linked to their catchy songs that captivated the hearts of Chinese Queen’s. By producing Chinese versions, they are able to capture the fans’ hearts. Combined with easy sing-along verses, addictive tunes etc, T-ara’s songs enjoy great popularity in China. The effort to release Chinese versions of their songs touched the fans’ hearts, increasing their fondness of T-ara.

A representative expressed thoughts about this analysis: "the Chinese versions of T-ara’s songs play a huge role in their popularity in China. During concerts, when the Chinese versions are sung, the whole venue will sing along with T-ara. Combined with melodies unique to T-ara’s songs, T-ara’s popularity among Chinese fans skyrockets."

Source: IS Plus

some agree and some not agree.

indeed, not only billboard fan army but also other main voting program, china queens play a very big role in help to show t-ara gain a huge popularity, just like every china ppl is c-queen's.

rather to said t-ara hard to maintain their popularity oversea, my view is they are not so clearly as china there due to t-ara don't or slightly to do promotion and concert in other oversea countries.

Maybe no as big as other kpop groups, but there are many fans in japan and south east asia. from the competition, I also know plenty fans come from arab countries, euro countries, usa, mexico and south American countries, like peru and brazil.

my view is, different in korea, t-ara has a very strong base in international queen's. so I think mbk should do more activity and schedule outside korea, this will be more profitable and when gain the tremendous results, it will much easier to influence and change their status in korea market.

I think it's wonderful that they have achieved so many fans outside of Korea, thus proving the advance of the Hallyu wave. It breaks my heart to know that they do not get the same type of love and acceptance in their own home country. T-ara has always been known for fan service, and re-recording their songs with a Chinese language version is a clear sign of that. Fans love a group that cares and T-ara is obviously a very caring group.

The main reason why T-ARA is well received in China is because of Number 9. Of course, there is also a group of fans who promotes their songs persistently. Gradually over time, more and more fans learnt about the songs and T-ARA. Number 9 in Chinese was a breakthrough and Little Apple lent a helping hand. After this comeback, they will be very busy in China. In fact, they are already participated (or will be participating) in a number of Chinese shows. The remaining tours in China and the Chinese album will judge how well T-ARA actually is in China. And not only in China, T-ARA is also more popular in many other countries than in Korea. T-ARA fancafe numbers are there to see.

the answer very pretty simple,

because chinese fans really smart,

and not easily trapped by bad gossip

they're really know who the best girl group,

not only sell pretty face,but T-ara song and koreagraphy really addictive

haha, not only chinese fans smart, we all smart. for korea result , so far only can wait physical and digital sales record come out. we all know they are hard in korea just hope they can get a better result comparing to last album.   

haha, not only chinese fans smart, we all smart. for korea result , so far only can wait physical and digital sales record come out. we all know they are hard in korea just hope they can get a better result comparing to last album.   

yes i say chinese fan smart because this news tittle say

"[15.08.17] A detailed analysis of T-ara’s immense popularity in China"

of course all t-ara fans are really smart  :)

we're very proud be t-ara fans ! (queen's)

but to be honest,

in this comeback , T-ara marine suite and some their koreagraphy really make my heart melting  <3

but what a regret their song not so good as their outfit :(

i hope next time t-ara don't collabs with brave brother,

so i can't wait their chinese debut !

1,2,3 with ST  :wub: