Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetMagicHam

[SPAZZ] Hyoyoung scandal thread

10 posts in this topic

What are everybody's thoughts on the current Hyoyoung scandal? I hope there is justice for T-ara and their image is restored! I'm following the news on some Korean pop websites, but not sure if I should include my list of relevant links. Who else is following this closely, and where? :)

ombegemx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Far be it for me to judge but from what I've read about the current Hyoyoung scandal, it would seem that netizens really 'convicted' T-ara of a crime that did not commit. That's the real tragedy for the girls.

Like the girls have always said, maybe it was due to their immaturity in handling the situation that caused the whole misunderstanding and perception of bullying by the girls. Anyway, I really hope the truth will come out on this bullying incident. The girls really deserve a break and some justice for the crap that they have gone through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If things were clarified 5 years ago, what would be T-ARA like now? Back then, I wasn't in this fandom but I knew T-ARA was at the top before it happened. Definitely with more love from Korea, T-ARA would have topped more #1 in music shows and awards, and the girls would be busier juggling between group and individual activities. However, it would mean T-ARA might not go to China and achieved so many things in China, and I mightn't feel and fall for these girls. There is no "what if" or meaningless to say so but having said that, I would rather T-ARA never went to China and instead received more love in Korea. Or to be precise, for 5 years, they had been wrongly accused of something which they never did. Nothing in the world now can compensate the lost of 5 years but it's heartening to know (believe) that justice actually prevails in the end.

Now with all things clarified, I am keen to know what the reaction will be in Korea when T-ARA makes a comeback. I have worked long and read enough that haters will always hate but we shall see. For me, T-ARA music is the best in Kpop and I want to witness myself, feel it when T-ARA hits new highs again.

Red existence here is for T-ARA and as long as T-ARA is still active, I want to grow old with the girls.

As for ex-member, I want to learn to forgive and forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, red4summer said:

If things were clarified 5 years ago, what would be T-ARA like now?

It's hard to say. If it was 5 years ago, think most netizens wouldn't have believed it, or it would have gotten buried and forgotten. I just wish it was clarified a little sooner, in 2015 or 2016 for instance.

My thoughts? This is the first time I want to join an antifan-club. Shan't elaborate more or it might be considered bashing, anyway I'm not the forgiving type so for now I am editing a few previous 7-ara pics by removing hwayoung and then uploading them to instagram (I wish I could upload them here but I doubt it's appropriate to post them on this forum? >< Haha).

Seeing that the hwayoung discussion board has quietly vanished makes me happy (:

I hope the netizens are big enough to acknowledge they were wrong about T-ara and not just excuse the twins' actions blindly. I also have a real life friend who had been against T-ara's side so I hope she sees the truth now. If she doesn't I shall never speak to her again (:

Lastly it seems Areum left the company already? Is she not going to be singing anymore ): Oh and I hope this is the end of the twins' career in the industry, if only because it's unfair that they still have a career in the kpop industry when Areum doesn't.

NB: If anything I'm saying is too mean/rude or amounts to bashing please let me know and I will remove any offending sentences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 9, 2017 at 0:38 PM, JetMagicHam said:

What are everybody's thoughts on the current Hyoyoung scandal? I hope there is justice for T-ara and their image is restored! I'm following the news on some Korean pop websites, but not sure if I should include my list of relevant links. Who else is following this closely, and where? :)

 

Somewhat skeptical for a number of reasons, especially about the source and point of view from this ex-staff member, but I have been monitoring with what's being said and reported over the last few days.  I'm currently waiting to hear any response from MBK Entertainment, and although how unlikely it maybe, also from any or from all of the members, including former members.

There are a few websites reporting up on this, but not gaining any tremendous tractions as far as responses goes, indicating many people have moved on from all of this entirely and just want to move on with life and K-Pop.

10 hours ago, tararules said:

Far be it for me to judge but from what I've read about the current Hyoyoung scandal, it would seem that netizens really 'convicted' T-ara of a crime that did not commit. That's the real tragedy for the girls.

Like the girls have always said, maybe it was due to their immaturity in handling the situation that caused the whole misunderstanding and perception of bullying by the girls. Anyway, I really hope the truth will come out on this bullying incident. The girls really deserve a break and some justice for the crap that they have gone through.

I agree, as do many that it was all a disgusting witch hunt of unprecedented stupefaction for a girl group from antis/haters at all levels alike.  The most impressive things that came out of this is that the artists and company stuck together as best they can and still do, and try their very best to keep on the good side of humanity in all of this, which is very commendable and encouraged very much from everybody.

Kim Kwang Soo mentioned that earlier as a warning, which was reported long before the dismissal incident occurred.  I took this as an atypical parental point of view, although it could've been conveyed/translated in a non-threatening manner.  I'm sure justice against all of these antis/haters will be complete in a few years.  It's a gradual process at the moment.  :)

 

7 hours ago, red4summer said:

If things were clarified 5 years ago, what would be T-ARA like now? Back then, I wasn't in this fandom but I knew T-ARA was at the top before it happened. Definitely with more love from Korea, T-ARA would have topped more #1 in music shows and awards, and the girls would be busier juggling between group and individual activities. However, it would mean T-ARA might not go to China and achieved so many things in China, and I mightn't feel and fall for these girls. There is no "what if" or meaningless to say so but having said that, I would rather T-ARA never went to China and instead received more love in Korea. Or to be precise, for 5 years, they had been wrongly accused of something which they never did. Nothing in the world now can compensate the lost of 5 years but it's heartening to know (believe) that justice actually prevails in the end.

Now with all things clarified, I am keen to know what the reaction will be in Korea when T-ARA makes a comeback. I have worked long and read enough that haters will always hate but we shall see. For me, T-ARA music is the best in Kpop and I want to witness myself, feel it when T-ARA hits new highs again.

Red existence here is for T-ARA and as long as T-ARA is still active, I want to grow old with the girls.

As for ex-member, I want to learn to forgive and forget.

Interesting question.  My answer would be like, T-ara would've become a full-fledged 9 member girl group, still in the top seats on the music charts and overall popularity in K-Pop.  While expanding their businesses overseas and have more concerts and events all over the globe.  Making new friends with the new generations from the 5th (2012-2015) and 6th (2016-2019) K-Pop Generations lines, and at this point getting their ideal boyfriends and being in stable relationships for their current ages.

Technically, China back then was heavily interested, as well as invested, money included, into K-Pop, even to this very day.  So eventually the genre was going to have even more presence in China either way, just look at joint ventures from Starship Entertainment, Banana Culture, etc., etc., etc.  I am very grateful towards China for taking good care of T-ara.  ^_^ *respectful bow*  ^_^

Stay strong with the rest of us Kings' and Queens'.  ^_^

In my opinion, it's still a long road ahead to get things clarified.  This added point of view is just one small piece to a much larger puzzle.

Many have already forgiven the former members and moved on.

7 hours ago, Breaking_Heart said:

It's hard to say. If it was 5 years ago, think most netizens wouldn't have believed it, or it would have gotten buried and forgotten. I just wish it was clarified a little sooner, in 2015 or 2016 for instance.

My thoughts? This is the first time I want to join an antifan-club. Shan't elaborate more or it might be considered bashing, anyway I'm not the forgiving type so for now I am editing a few previous 7-ara pics by removing hwayoung and then uploading them to instagram (I wish I could upload them here but I doubt it's appropriate to post them on this forum? >< Haha).

Seeing that the hwayoung discussion board has quietly vanished makes me happy (:

I hope the netizens are big enough to acknowledge they were wrong about T-ara and not just excuse the twins' actions blindly. I also have a real life friend who had been against T-ara's side so I hope she sees the truth now. If she doesn't I shall never speak to her again (:

Lastly it seems Areum left the company already? Is she not going to be singing anymore ): Oh and I hope this is the end of the twins' career in the industry, if only because it's unfair that they still have a career in the kpop industry when Areum doesn't.

NB: If anything I'm saying is too mean/rude or amounts to bashing please let me know and I will remove any offending sentences.

In 2015, it was declared an unsanctioned witch hunt led by antis/haters of all sorts, thus ending it, and the process of bring justice to them started to have more impact.

I would advise against posting such things here in this forum, because much costly heated debates happened here.

I miss the Hwayoung section.  :(

I do believe the reason why some netizens are now dismissing this entirely is what Hwayoung and Hyoyoung said on the aired Taxi episode, and when this triggered the ex-staff member to share his/her point of view on the incident back then.

Areum officially left the group and company back in July, 2013 to go solo, which at the time bugged me because most media articles online reverted to their lapse in memory that T-ara is "originally a 5 member girl group", not 6, in order to placate those who'd joined the fandom when T-ara became popular when they were 6 members.  It was reported back then that she would debut as a soloist the next following year, 2014, and did release a single, if memory serves me well enough, however, not much attention was given to it.  Since then, she's been doing modeling jobs here and there and appeared in a music video, I think.

I for one don't hate on Hwayoung and Hyoyoung, because their departures broke what momentum they all had at the time.  If you ask me, any further hatred against them still won't amount to anything for anyone.  Areum already pleaded with the media to comply with her wishes to not misunderstand her messages, and they listened, thank goodness for that.  I do find it quite odd that a few online media sites who've mentioned Hyoyoung's and Hwayoung's recent activities lately, to which the timing for this ex-staff member to share this information, seems questionable all of the sudden as to why now?  It's no secret that there were reported incidents of confrontations between staff members and T-ara before, so it does rule the possibility of a grudge coming from this person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have energy anymore to analyze this through and write much about it, but here's some random thoughts, for the record, I've already said earlier:

1) I don't hate Hwayoung (or her sister). I don't think she's good or bad. I don't care. As a T-ara fan I've already ignored her many years now.
2) IMHO best way to make a statement would be just to unfollow and ignore Hwa and her sister. The raging in their social media or elsewhere is so pointless.
3) It may feel nice to have a revenge, or find out who did and said what, but dumping the whole issue to the group or to it's individual member(s)...meh
4) It's very much also poor overall management and public relations, don't really know what kind of people were working there at the time, but it still feels like it was run by schoolboys. I mean overall. That's maybe due to a stiff hierarchy, where lower level just trying to cope in the field by themselves without having real grip. Don't know.
5) There are the peoples/managements personal relationships, of which we naturally don't know much about, and which of course affect to everything.
6) And then there's the media..and knetz..and...and..

I know I should explain my opinion about the management, but it'd require half a page of text, and energy to write that. I think a member misbehaved (which is nothing unusual), and when the situation was let to escalate long enough, there was only one way out in the end. That was also carried out in a way that leaves questions, though there probably are reasons for things. Meanwhile the s**t hit the fan. After that, reasoning and explaining had little effect. The rest is history i guess. Not going to even start about 6)

This is so sad sad thing even after this latest twist. I'm very happy of course if T-ara gets now all the love they deserve!

Hope to see their comeback soon again!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 12, 2017 at 6:58 AM, james_b said:

I don't have energy anymore to analyze this through and write much about it, but here's some random thoughts, for the record, I've already said earlier:

1) I don't hate Hwayoung (or her sister). I don't think she's good or bad. I don't care. As a T-ara fan I've already ignored her many years now.
2) IMHO best way to make a statement would be just to unfollow and ignore Hwa and her sister. The raging in their social media or elsewhere is so pointless.
3) It may feel nice to have a revenge, or find out who did and said what, but dumping the whole issue to the group or to it's individual member(s)...meh
4) It's very much also poor overall management and public relations, don't really know what kind of people were working there at the time, but it still feels like it was run by schoolboys. I mean overall. That's maybe due to a stiff hierarchy, where lower level just trying to cope in the field by themselves without having real grip. Don't know.
5) There are the peoples/managements personal relationships, of which we naturally don't know much about, and which of course affect to everything.
6) And then there's the media..and knetz..and...and..

I know I should explain my opinion about the management, but it'd require half a page of text, and energy to write that. I think a member misbehaved (which is nothing unusual), and when the situation was let to escalate long enough, there was only one way out in the end. That was also carried out in a way that leaves questions, though there probably are reasons for things. Meanwhile the s**t hit the fan. After that, reasoning and explaining had little effect. The rest is history i guess. Not going to even start about 6)

This is so sad sad thing even after this latest twist. I'm very happy of course if T-ara gets now all the love they deserve!

Hope to see their comeback soon again!

 

Nicely put. :)

I don't really think it's necessary to make any statements at this point, being that people have mostly moved on, to which it really does seem like so everywhere I've looked online so far.

For the management part, I like to think they've grown up since then and became MBK Entertainment, just by reading their statement regarding this former staff member's perspective and the entire incident.  I cannot really say the same for the former staff members, because, well, they either got fired or resigned over this incident, that's why.  They certainly didn't try to resolve the problems that was going on, at best, failed to do so while on the job.  When I first read this former staff member's information, it did feel like this person just sat and did absolutely nothing at all, as if this person was just there to be there and nothing more, only nonstop compliancy as if it were some sort of reality show.  Makes me want to ask, how did you get this job again?  Right.  (Sarcasm)

I totally agree with your 6.  <_<

It's always good to see them doing well.  Still unsettling that most people keep on forgetting T-ara was "originally a 5 member girl group", not 6 members.  -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting the interesting and detailed comments! It's nice to see this forum active recently. I often check out the forum but am not as often posting, however I should! :)


tumblr_mxli3gesUq1rudls9o3_r2_250.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree if it weren't for the scandal our fandom wouldn't  have been this much stronger we wouldn't have acheived so many things like the billboard fan army award two years in a row. True I hate hwayoung for what she did nothing can explain that but through her i got to discover each one of the girls' unique personality , they wouldn' have affected my life that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0