Diadem Forums

[17.03.23] Soyeon and Boram will not renew their contracts, remaining members extend till December 2017

craZy

[17.03.23] Soyeon and Boram will not renew their contracts, remaining members extend till December 2017

0002626772_001_20170323083114569.jpg

Qri, Eunjung, Hyomin and Jiyeon have extended their contracts with MBK Entertainment until December 2017. Soyeon and Boram have decided not to renew, their contracts will end on May 15.

An MBK Entertainment official said, "Soyeon and Boram have decided not to renew their contracts. We respect their decision and will support them moving forward once their contact expires."

Qri, Eunjung, Hyomin and Jiyeon had renewed their contracts during last September till February this year. Contract renewals are usually discussed six months prior to the contract expiration. They are expected to have solo activities, drama, overseas and other schedules until December.

T-ara will release a new album with 6 songs in May. This will be the last album as 6 members due to the contract expiration. All members will promote the album until the end of June.

0002626772_002_20170323083114586.jpg

Source: Naver

Please note, Soyeon and Boram are leaving MBK Entertainment only, not T-ara. They will properly regroup after December. :)

10 hours ago, Emperor Ryu said:

Any updated news on what Soyeon and Boram will do after it's all over?

I heard MBK Entertainment issued a statement that it confirms T-ara will officially disband after completing their final promotion.

The remaining T-ara members will go off into their own solo careers.

Oh no, no. That is completely false. There is no such statement. The only statement there is regarding disbandment says they will not disband.

Give this a watch too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma0-fe-rW58

12 hours ago, craZy said:

Oh no, no. That is completely false. There is no such statement. The only statement there is regarding disbandment says they will not disband.

Give this a watch too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma0-fe-rW58

But isn't odd though that Hyomin, Eunjung, Jiyeon, and Qri are only renewing now a short extension of their contracts to the end of this year?  Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't contract renewals giving the artist several more years of employment?  Knowing that essentially all of the members, including Soyeon and Boram, will be focused on individual careers after this final group promotions in June, wouldn't that be common sense to conclude it is a form of "disbanding" without having to call it "disbanding"?  I hope that's not too confusing to say.

Don't get me wrong here, I do know other girl groups are still doing this sort of thing, going all the way back to S.E.S, such as Kara nowadays.  A few of my colleagues are convinced it's a disbandment, and with the numerous media articles up online everywhere, are claiming it to be a disbandment, thus convincing the masses that it is quite a sad disbanding news.  And of course the haters are rejoicing, which sickens me to no end.  Any mention of a reunion with all 9 members, or a get together after 2017?

By the way, thanks for that Boram video.  She's such a cutie and so adorable.  It's rather perplexing that she's still single?  Whoever the guy ends up with her is going to be the luckiest guy on the planet.

10 hours ago, Emperor Ryu said:

But isn't odd though that Hyomin, Eunjung, Jiyeon, and Qri are only renewing now a short extension of their contracts to the end of this year?  Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't contract renewals giving the artist several more years of employment?  Knowing that essentially all of the members, including Soyeon and Boram, will be focused on individual careers after this final group promotions in June, wouldn't that be common sense to conclude it is a form of "disbanding" without having to call it "disbanding"?  I hope that's not too confusing to say.

Not at all actually. It's not as if they need MBK to keep T-ara or their own careers alive. For now they're still signed up with some work under MBK, Jiyeon's solo comeback, and Eunjung and Hyomin's dramas for example. After that, they'll sign with another agency(ies) that better suit their needs, be it individually or together. To focus on individual career does not have to be of any affect on the group. Unless they want it that way, in which case I don't see why T-ara would unnecessarily sell false hope to fans about it. I mean, why should we conclude they are disbanding when T-ara themselves say they're not? If they really wanted to move on, they'd just plain say it, nothing to gain from beating around the bush, ya know? (Check out their interviews during Tiamo promos, they often brought up sincere desires to keep the group going.) Granted, it understandably may take a little time to regroup after December as they sort out agencies, legal matters of the group, etc.

13 hours ago, craZy said:

Not at all actually. It's not as if they need MBK to keep T-ara or their own careers alive. For now they're still signed up with some work under MBK, Jiyeon's solo comeback, and Eunjung and Hyomin's dramas for example. After that, they'll sign with another agency(ies) that better suit their needs, be it individually or together. To focus on individual career does not have to be of any affect on the group. Unless they want it that way, in which case I don't see why T-ara would unnecessarily sell false hope to fans about it.

But MBK does hold the copyrights to every single song they've done, no?  Unless there's a contractual clause we missed?  I am told there's like a fee or something in order to use them when the artist is signed up with another agency.

Yes, thankful we'll still have T-ara to the end of this year.  I'm guessing Jiyeon's solo comeback will happen after June.  I'm very happy Eunjung and Hyomin are still getting casting calls.  It was so heart-wrenching back then.

I hope their new home(s) will treat them very well after this year.

They have shown a devolved sense on charting with their own music since Tiamo though, which in way, where fans would like them to hit the number 1 spots, yet they're stating they are not aiming for it anymore?  Won't that be considered somewhat of a "false hope"?

13 hours ago, craZy said:

I mean, why should we conclude they are disbanding when T-ara themselves say they're not? If they really wanted to move on, they'd just plain say it, nothing to gain from beating around the bush, ya know? (Check out their interviews during Tiamo promos, they often brought up sincere desires to keep the group going.) Granted, it understandably may take a little time to regroup after December as they sort out agencies, legal matters of the group, etc.

It's one of those the glass is half full and/or half empty perspectives, I guess.  I truly wanted all 9 members to be reunited together and continue onwards.  Having family separated amongst these sisters is just too soon, in my opinion.  They should only be separated when they've found their husbands and starting their own families, but still connected to each other, like S.E.S as an example.  Just to imagine the sheer beauty of the T-ara mothers/wives together with their husbands getting along and children playing together at a family picnic on a good day outside, it's so endearing in mind.  Why would anyone want to destroy such a lovely T-ara day?

But I think it's safe to say that for the amount of time waiting for some kind of a get together with all 9 members, we'll be able to get rid of the weeds, pick up trash, feed the animals, heal the injured animals, and ensure a stable population for them, and fertilize the soil to an entire rainforest or nature preserve park about the size of North America or even Asia, all the while praying for good weather from our Lord, our God, no thanks to haters and antis hating on them still, including on the former members.  The insanity of it.  *sigh*

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 1:52 AM, Emperor Ryu said:

But MBK does hold the copyrights to every single song they've done, no?  Unless there's a contractual clause we missed?  I am told there's like a fee or something in order to use them when the artist is signed up with another agency.

Yep. I don't know the exact facts as how the process goes but yes I imagine they require a percentage or fees if T-ara are to perform old songs. I believe that won't pose any problems though. Former artists from CCM/MBK, like Davichi for example, still perform their old songs.

On 4/7/2017 at 1:52 AM, Emperor Ryu said:

They have shown a devolved sense on charting with their own music since Tiamo though, which in way, where fans would like them to hit the number 1 spots, yet they're stating they are not aiming for it anymore?  Won't that be considered somewhat of a "false hope"?

Mm, perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but I don't see how that is false hope? The fans want to try and earn them a #1 on music programs, which requires quiet some effort and money sometimes, that's what T-ara have been ushering fans against. #1 on the music charts is a little different as it's way more than just fans' effort but as well the general public's attention and support, what T-ara use to have and may still yearn for a bit.

Sorry for the late reply, busy, busy days~

On April 15, 2017 at 4:50 AM, craZy said:

Yep. I don't know the exact facts as how the process goes but yes I imagine they require a percentage or fees if T-ara are to perform old songs. I believe that won't pose any problems though. Former artists from CCM/MBK, like Davichi for example, still perform their old songs.

I think there's a special contract between Davichi and MBK, because I heard they still work together from time to time.  If that's true, it could be possible for T-ara.

On April 15, 2017 at 4:50 AM, craZy said:

Mm, perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but I don't see how that is false hope? The fans want to try and earn them a #1 on music programs, which requires quiet some effort and money sometimes, that's what T-ara have been ushering fans against. #1 on the music charts is a little different as it's way more than just fans' effort but as well the general public's attention and support, what T-ara use to have and may still yearn for a bit.

Sorry for the late reply, busy, busy days~

Fans "hope" more fans will join them as well as having T-ara to sway more fans for the up votes so it reaches the number 1 spot, thus fulfilling their hopes.  T-ara stating the rankings didn't matter to them, kills that hope.  However, they perform on stage and continue to promote, thus bringing the sense of false hope.  I hope that explains it more.  If not, we'll just leave it as that and move on.

Still sort of a mismatch of priorities when it comes to charting and rankings whether it be on music programs and/or music charts, given how general the statement from T-ara is about this and from the fans in the stands.

No sweat.  I've been busy lately myself with the whole Star Wars Celebration, amongst other things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 7:40 AM, Emperor Ryu said:

I think there's a special contract between Davichi and MBK, because I heard they still work together from time to time.  If that's true, it could be possible for T-ara.

Oh? I haven't heard of that, nor seen any of those workings. Rather, a while ago, there was a bit of an issue between CJ E&M (Davichi's current agency) and MBK, lol. But anyhow~

On 4/22/2017 at 7:40 AM, Emperor Ryu said:

Fans "hope" more fans will join them as well as having T-ara to sway more fans for the up votes so it reaches the number 1 spot, thus fulfilling their hopes.  T-ara stating the rankings didn't matter to them, kills that hope.  However, they perform on stage and continue to promote, thus bringing the sense of false hope.  I hope that explains it more.  If not, we'll just leave it as that and move on.

Still sort of a mismatch of priorities when it comes to charting and rankings whether it be on music programs and/or music charts, given how general the statement from T-ara is about this and from the fans in the stands.

No sweat.  I've been busy lately myself with the whole Star Wars Celebration, amongst other things.

Ohh I get ya now. Well T-ara aren't going on music shows for wins but for the fans. They're a girl group after all, performing is a part of their job and what fans want to see. Even all that aside, they still need to make money, lol. That's how I believe it to be. Besides, I think T-ara and Queen's well know if they wanted wins, they'll need to promote for more than 2-3 weeks, which is all they plan for the upcoming comeback.

• 2 weeks later...
On May 2, 2017 at 11:58 PM, craZy said:

Oh? I haven't heard of that, nor seen any of those workings. Rather, a while ago, there was a bit of an issue between CJ E&M (Davichi's current agency) and MBK, lol. But anyhow~

I think that's where I heard it from.  The song, Moments, was played for DIA, if I'm not mistaken.  Meaning that the song was recorded with MBK Entertainment despite already with MMO Entertainment (A division of CJ E&M).  To which I think all of the media got the idea that things are still good between Davichi and MBK.  From that point of view, it would make a whole lot of sense.  I thought it was rather strange of CJ E&M to step in for a song that's not even theirs to begin with or prevent from being released, I mean, technically it's possible for artists to sign up for other ventures, or even keep ties with former co-workers, unless there's some sort of beef between CJ E&M and MBK Entertainment for reasons unknown, or some sort of contractual clause we are not aware of from CJ E&M/MMO Entertainment.  But it could be a case-by-case basis from this example for T-ara to maintain the possibility of a full 9 member get together.  There's always hope. :)

On May 2, 2017 at 11:58 PM, craZy said:

Ohh I get ya now. Well T-ara aren't going on music shows for wins but for the fans. They're a girl group after all, performing is a part of their job and what fans want to see. Even all that aside, they still need to make money, lol. That's how I believe it to be. Besides, I think T-ara and Queen's well know if they wanted wins, they'll need to promote for more than 2-3 weeks, which is all they plan for the upcoming comeback.

There will always be fans who want the very best for them, that's to be expected in the fandom. ^_^  And their songs from their last album will enter the music charts and it'll be voted upon and reviewed with commentaries all over the world.  We'll see how well it does.  I think it would be nice to end on a high note for them, would you agree? :)