Diadem Forums

[17.06.21] T-ara's 1st win in 5 years and 4 months, "we can't believe it... tears from our fans' love."

BabyMaknae

[17.06.21] T-ara's 1st win in 5 years and 4 months, "we can't believe it... tears from our fans' love."

0000971471_002_20170621113427371.jpg

T-ara received their first #1 trophy in 5 years. They continued to cry but they were very open about their feeling in front of us.

On the morning of the 21st, Hyomin conducted an interview with TV Report on behalf of T-ara. Hyomin revealed her feelings on receiving the top spot on SBS MTV The Show on the 20th.

Hyomin said "we were not expecting to win at all. We went up on stage without any expectations. We only thought to perform our What's My Name stage well. We always stand at the back every time during the winner announcement, but since we were nominated for 1st place, we had to stand in the front. And then our name was called. It felt surreal receiving the trophy.

The nominees that day were T-ara, for What's My Name, Astro for Baby, and FT Island for Wind. But we could only see Hyomin, Jiyeon, and Qri up on stage. Eunjung had a schedule for filming MBC daily drama All Kinds of Daughter-in-Laws.

Hyomin said, "the moment they called out T-ara, the three of us just looked at each other. We couldn't believe it. After we barely did the encore stage, we stepped down the stage. It just felt surreal. We still couldn't believe it. Our fans showed even more enthusiasm than us. They bought a cake in rush and threw a celebration party for us. Everything is thanks to our fans. Thank you." She began to tear up again.

Following T-ara's debut in 2009, they promoted as top singers. However, after the snake's Hwayoung's departure, there were caught up in nasty scandal and they couldn't produced any more hit songs. But, in June 2017, T-ara once again rose to become the #1 singers.

Source: Naver

Though I hoped, last night win really came as a surprise. I was most confident in 2014 (with Little Apple in The Show) but everyone knows what happened then.

Timao (in The Show) was hopeful initially but we never seriously threatened the #1 with our K-votes.

So, I was overwhelmed with emotions after I learnt it late last night. (In actual fact, I didn't watch The Show live.)

It is long-overdue but T-ARA and Queen's deserved it. To all who keep in believing, to keep believing.

This fandom has another date to remember, 170620. Mark this day, a day which has significant value in us.

Lastly, after yesterday, T-ARA owes everyone a proper encore. Let's get it right tomorrow?! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...