Diadem Forums

[17.08.15] Former T-ara member Areum to once again challenge herself to become an idol in KBS idol reboot project, The Unit

BabyMaknae

[17.08.15] Former T-ara member Areum to once again challenge herself to become an idol in KBS idol reboot project, The Unit

areum-t-ara-n4-t-ara-Favim.com-740538.jp

Areum has reportedly joined the KBS2 new audition program "Idol Rebooting Project - The Unit". This will be her 1st appearance since her last promotion as a member of T-ara and unit T-ara N4 in 2013.

Areum promoted with T-ara from 2012 for about 2 year. She is a member that spent the hardest time with T-ara after the false bullying scandal of Hwayoung. Reportedly due to health issues, she chose to stop promoting.

Following her departure from the company, she kept her dream to be a singer alive without an agency (i.e trained alone). Recently, with the help of a new staff team, Areum is preparing to joing KBS2 "Idol Rebooting Project - The Unit".

Areum posted on her personal SNS account in Japanese, "thank you for waiting for me. Let's meet again with a better me." Additionally, "thank you for waiting for me, sincerely thank you," expressing her gratefulness.

Over the years, Areum has continued communicating with fans through her SNS and hinted at possibilities of her return. During the Hwayoung controversy earlier this year, Areum was once again brought up in the news. It was revealed that Areum was in fact a victim of the bullying incident from 5 years ago and not twin sister Hwayoung and Hyoyoung. Due to this, Areum expressed her discomfort regarding about issue.

The KBS2 program is set to be aired in October. The program show off the talents idols who have previously debuted but have yet to find success. Singer and actor Rain will be the MC.

Source: Naver 1, 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...